Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja (23485 Views)

Court Seals First Bank Offices In Umuahia (Photos) / Court Seals Shoprite In Umuahia Over Loan Default (photos) / Court Seals Union Bank Complex In Owerri – Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by 18Ebiscoo: 11:36pm On Dec 21, 2018
The popular Banex Plaza located in Wuse 2, Abuja, was on Friday sealed off on the alleged order of a magistrate court.
Abuja Environmental Protection Board (AEPB) had gone to court asking for the vacation of the premises by Banex Plaza tenants.

Mr Chibuike Nzedinma, Chairman, Banex Plaza Wuse 2 Tenants Association, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the closure was uncalled for.

Nzedinma said that the board failed to officially notify them about the said court order.

“Some weeks back, the AEPB told us that they were going to use the plaza as a mobile court.

“But we could not see any mobile court on the said date, I personally went round to check but could not see, surprisingly, today (Friday) they sealed off some of our shops,” he said.

The chairman, who sued for calm, said they would seek redress in court for such an order to be vacated.

Also, Mrs. Nkoli Unachukwu, a tenant, said that such closure was detrimental to economic development of the country.

Unachukwu said that they had lost millions of Naira due to the closure.

She called on the Federal Government to intervene to prevent shut down of business in the plaza.

AEPB had allegedly demanded to use the premises for mobile court.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/21/court-seals-popular-shopping-mall-abuja/

1 Like

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by bigtt76(f): 11:43pm On Dec 21, 2018
Ok
Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by medolab90(m): 12:19am On Dec 22, 2018
And so what should we do??

Abeg o any sure game for this weekend

1 Like

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by JustCare: 12:19am On Dec 22, 2018
Nigerian justice system and their obnoxious ways of disrupting businesses. angry

Banex for Governor 2003

Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by JustCare: 12:22am On Dec 22, 2018
Oweku:
Looters building...

Get paid for browsing the Internet... Its free..
Just click on my signature below to get started..

Sharap! It has nothing to do with that. Ode

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by naijapikin2(m): 12:24am On Dec 22, 2018
oya buyers and Sellers go to sky memorial, there are empty shops there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 22, 2018
How can you seal the Plaza and deny thousands of traders their livelihood?

26 Likes

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by OkpekeBeauty: 12:33am On Dec 22, 2018
34webers:
Mr Chibuike Nzedinma
Mrs. Nkoli Unachukwu

Yes thats why they sealed it. Na Igbo people dey there.

32 Likes

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by Oweku: 12:35am On Dec 22, 2018
JustCare:

Sharap! It has nothing to do with that. Ode

What will happen to you if you don't insult?
If this is how you respond to peoples comments I will advise you to stay off mine OK..

3 Likes

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by darfay: 12:37am On Dec 22, 2018
OkpekeBeauty:

Yes thats why they sealed it. Na Igbo people dey there.

Mumu make baba no fight kworuftion again because na igbos dey there ba?

3 Likes

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by JustCare: 12:37am On Dec 22, 2018
Oweku:

What will happen to you if you don't insult?
If this is how you respond to peoples comments I will advise you to stay off mine OK..

Sorry

3 Likes

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by Boyooosa(m): 12:38am On Dec 22, 2018
She ya were ni?
Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by chiboy1116: 12:40am On Dec 22, 2018
medolab90:
And so what should we do??

Abeg o any sure game for this weekend
Ur a f**l,I am sure ur one of those insanely lazy youths that still live with their parents . Rubbish angry *spits . person on Prozac

2 Likes

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by markidoo(m): 12:40am On Dec 22, 2018
Na dere top shots dey acquire their substances. FG be guided this won't go down well.
Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:41am On Dec 22, 2018
Banex our Banex...... it will complete the story *musing aloud*!
Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by okwabayi(m): 12:41am On Dec 22, 2018
This thing happens every other year. I think this is my third time reading such on Nairaland.
The owners will come to an agreement with the Federal Government soon. There is nothing to fear here. The only people I pity are the traders whose livelihoods will get disrupted for a few days at least or a few months at most.

1 Like

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by Xander85: 12:54am On Dec 22, 2018
34webers:
Mr Chibuike Nzedinma
Mrs. Nkoli Unachukwu

I know it must be them.
These are the same people shouting from one end of the world to the other that they want biafra.

UNACHUKWU said: such closure was detrimental to economic development of the country.
My question is, which country is UNACHUKWU talking about? Is it the sh!t hole or the zoo?

Campaign for them to get their referendum, or STFU!

You see an Igbo name and automatically assume he's from 'only your 5 states'? What if he's from Delta or Rivers?

Besides, you expect Igbos to be held in your cursed country at gun point yet don't expect them to carry on with their lives?

What makes you think he's not one of the 'one Nigeria' Igbos that have stubbornly refused to read the handwriting on the wall, and naively thinks peeps like you see him as having an equal stake in your 'one Nigeria'?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by hyfr(m): 1:20am On Dec 22, 2018
34webers:
Mr Chibuike Nzedinma
Mrs. Nkoli Unachukwu

I know it must be them.
These are the same people shouting from one end of the world to the other that they want biafra.

UNACHUKWU said: such closure was detrimental to economic development of the country
My question is, which country is UNACHUKWU talking about? Is it the sh!t hole or the zoo?
your thinking faculty is myopic and archaic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by Nobody: 1:33am On Dec 22, 2018
Shutdown Clampdown Anti corruption Jail Incarcerate Investigate Kill Dogs and Baboons

Una no dey tire

2 Likes

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by Kobicove(m): 2:07am On Dec 22, 2018
What's the basis for sealing off the complex?

What rules were violated?

1 Like

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by RealityShot: 2:22am On Dec 22, 2018
And this is the Judicial System you want a focused forward-thinking President to listen to/obey, right?

mobile courts in the USA are established in Vans or portacabins on trailers!

not commadiaring people's property and business premises BY FORCE!

#iStandWithBuhari

3 Likes

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by Triangles1(m): 2:31am On Dec 22, 2018
Banned Bannex No No No, the only commercial home for Abuja, just like Ikeja Computer village.
Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by oweman: 2:56am On Dec 22, 2018
Funds used by ibo's in running this outfits are stolen money so whats my own business there ?
The government has the right to take all neccesary steps to put a stop to whoever at wherever terrorist converge to plan evil including this facility under discussion .
Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by Promotersparlou: 3:03am On Dec 22, 2018
18Ebiscoo:
The popular Banex Plaza located in Wuse 2, Abuja, was on Friday sealed off on the alleged order of a magistrate court.
Abuja Environmental Protection Board (AEPB) had gone to court asking for the vacation of the premises by Banex Plaza tenants.

Mr Chibuike Nzedinma, Chairman, Banex Plaza Wuse 2 Tenants Association, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the closure was uncalled for.

Nzedinma said that the board failed to officially notify them about the said court order.

“Some weeks back, the AEPB told us that they were going to use the plaza as a mobile court.

“But we could not see any mobile court on the said date, I personally went round to check but could not see, surprisingly, today (Friday) they sealed off some of our shops,” he said.

The chairman, who sued for calm, said they would seek redress in court for such an order to be vacated.

Also, Mrs. Nkoli Unachukwu, a tenant, said that such closure was detrimental to economic development of the country.

Unachukwu said that they had lost millions of Naira due to the closure.

She called on the Federal Government to intervene to prevent shut down of business in the plaza.

AEPB had allegedly demanded to use the premises for mobile court.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/21/court-seals-popular-shopping-mall-abuja/

Our government is quite fond of not planning cities properly; eventually being forced by circumstances they have to illegally evict people. I did enjoy your article. Do read up.
https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=Spearepoetry&search=Search
Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by 2n2k(m): 3:46am On Dec 22, 2018
This story get k leg.

How can the whole Banex complex be used as a mobile court for a government agency?

AEPB in FCT is an equivalent of LAWMA in Lagos. Its duty is to evacuate thrash not to set up mobile courts.

4 Likes

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by moshino(m): 4:10am On Dec 22, 2018
oweman:

Funds used by ibo's in running this outfits are stolen money so whats my own business there ?
The government has the right to take all neccesary steps to put a stop to whoever at wherever terrorist converge to plan evil including this facility under discussion .

Ibos are not the cause of the generational wretchedness in your family. You too can get off your lazy behind and work hard.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja by bankyblue(m): 4:42am On Dec 22, 2018
Wrong timing.....PMB u better call ur boys to order

(1) (2) (Reply)

Widespread Cash Supply Shortage Persists In Banks / Transportation Business In Nigeria / 2023: Companies That Exited Nigeria Amid Economic Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.