Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

What Did You Do Wrong In 2018 And What Will You Do Right In 2019 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Did You Do Wrong In 2018 And What Will You Do Right In 2019 (404 Views)

What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? / 4 Dream-killer Habits You Should Avoid In 2019 / Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did You Do Wrong In 2018 And What Will You Do Right In 2019 by amerengues(m): 2:06am On Dec 22, 2018
IT IS NOT TOO LATE DEAR

Good morning folks, how was your night? I trust you had a splendid night rest. It's compelling to douse the tension 2019 is impregnated with especially coming accross litany of umbrage, vitriolic and vituperations littered accross the social media regarding the moribund state we have found ourselves.

Nigeria is undoubtably a great nation that cannot be dwarfed by this present challenges we are bedeviled with. It therefore cut no ice for me that most Nigerians failed to see the glimmer of hope around us.

In an attempt not to shy away from the intent that birthed this piece, I will categorically say that 2019 is going to be a year of "smart work" and not hard work without compromising the humane part of you. I will partly align myself with the slogan " Think about what you can do for your country and not what your country can do for you". Why partly? It's in entirety a hard hoe to row for you to do any substantial thing for your country without having the wherewithal at your beck and call (at least to an extent). Let this piece liberate you from phantasgomorical, quixotic and unrealistic goals we hope to achieve when we sit and expect the country to feed you.

A quintessential goal of any Nigerian graduate or prospective graduate is to get a "9-5 pm" job- a collosal anomaly we are cocooned with. How and where this myth of office job before success originated from can't be far-fetched- A journey down the memory lanes tells me our parents and society contributed to it coupled with our contributory negligence. 2019 shall be different!

Instead of minatory and threatening messages we send to the government, let's channel it to smart work in 2019. A predominant and resurfacing bottleneck I have observed in our society is trailing an established path. Is it bad to trail an established path? My dear, not at all but from observation, we haven't liberated ourselves from the unnecessary stigma we attribute to some menial jobs. Some of us ( including me) wants to do a reputable job ( 9-5pm, strangle our neck with tie, always looking coporate) but we fail to understand some "stigma" job liberate us from our penurious and impecunious state. I remembered vividly how a graduate became eminent and made himself a name to conjure with by selling pepper he buys from the north and sell in the west (Lagos). He is obviously a force to reckon with. Now he employs graduate. Sir, are you saying with my firstclass (1:1)/2:1/2:2 I graduated with, I should now start selling pepper? Hmmmm.....stay there and be counting football scores. I am not telling you to go and sell pepper. Do SOMETHING POSITIVE BUT UNUSUAL and stay strong. Also, do that thing you are doing with a determined heart...... your hussle will pay one day but refrain from social vices. Our attitude to trade, vocational work and skill learning is fast becoming a thing of the old. The Evanescence of our moral uprightness in the kind of work we want to engage in is alarming. I can't blame us because the economy is biting hard. I will be glad to see volunteers who are ready to teach the populace for free especially on the skill you possessed.

It is a promise that I will never quail at the slightest distortion from pre-set goals. I will be firm! It's our avarice and cupidity for stupendous wealth that hinders our growth and journey to good life. Nothing good starts so easy like that. What will stand you out in 2019 isn't the enormity and how grand your goals are, but the temerity and tenacity espoused that will speak for you. Refrain from picayune and trivial matters! Eshew talk without walk!

Howbeit, it's expedient to state how important God is to your grand plan- a sinequanon factor right from the days of yore. I might not have belaboured enough on this factor but in honesty, only God lifts a man. Like I said it's about smart work. The epiphany of my greatness stems from God. You just need a single idea, connection...............lobatan!

In conclusion, i urge your equanimity in the face of challenges and reduce your proclivity to social vices as we journey down the year. I regard 2019 as my major breakthrough. It is still venial when you don't make it when you were young but not excusable now- at least for posterity sake.

I am an advocate for change and a proponent of "do something unusual but positive".

So let's reason together. What did you do wrong and what will you do differently in 2019?

I will be glad to hear from you.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do Wrong In 2018 And What Will You Do Right In 2019 by Kenzico(m): 2:08am On Dec 22, 2018
cry
Re: What Did You Do Wrong In 2018 And What Will You Do Right In 2019 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:12am On Dec 22, 2018
No matter how long you have gone on the wrong road.......turn back!
Re: What Did You Do Wrong In 2018 And What Will You Do Right In 2019 by meobizy(f): 3:14am On Dec 22, 2018
Is OP Prophet Bushiri?
Re: What Did You Do Wrong In 2018 And What Will You Do Right In 2019 by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:25am On Dec 22, 2018
I am going to focus on the positive. In 2019, I will do right by this country.

I will vote for Atiku and Obi

A better life is what I wish for everyone wink

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Do Wrong In 2018 And What Will You Do Right In 2019 by amerengues(m): 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
I am going to focus on the positive. In 2019, I will do right by this country.

I will vote for Atiku and Obi

A better life is what I wish for everyone wink

Hmmm. It is well. I hope this bring a breakthrough.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Desire To Marry A Lawyer as wife : Advice Me Please / .whats It Called? / Take Your Career To The Next Level With These Certifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.