Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S (40732 Views)

KWAM1's Son, Abiola Accuses Ayankunle Ayanlowo Of Snatching His Girlfriend. / KWAM1 Denies Having An Affair With Olori Ajoke, Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife / US Department Of Justice Arrests Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Over $2m Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Xisnin(m): 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2018
He is an ardent supporter of Buhari. I wonder why fraudsters love the man so much.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Galaticos444: 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2018
Afonja ajoka

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by engrkaz(m): 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2018
Ehya....Tunde Akarigidi...my nigga from high school...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by LIVEBYTRUTH: 2:22pm On Dec 22, 2018
Afonjas are in every criminal acts but only see the dust in other people's eyes, while their eyes are blocked with river Niger bridge poles, Ewures

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Omeokachie: 2:22pm On Dec 22, 2018
Ambode will be laughing at Kwam1 like... cheesy grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 22, 2018
How do people fall victims of yahoo pls?
Is it greed cos I really don't understand how they do these things.
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by AngelicBeing: 2:23pm On Dec 22, 2018
Toks2008:
Before Yahoo Yahoo was branded i have known about it but I will rather die of lack than scam my fellow human in anyway.
The worst part is most of the yahoo boys don't do anything meaningful with the money, it ends in club, beer, pussy, show-off, expensive jewelries, ill-gotten wealth fritters away like a vapor grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Gbabe2: 2:24pm On Dec 22, 2018
Should we expect better? These are the folks that will term hardworking peeps lazy. You need to see what they drive, the kind of dress they wear and the houses they live in. There is no peace for the wicked says the Lord. They are like flowers that shines in the morning and fades away in the evening. Which life would I prefer? Yahoo yahoo or scammer or armed robbery? No, I rather work hard, earn a decent living and pray to God for divine opportunities like Jeff Bezos. Oya, give them 20 years jail term.

Victni:
From Gistvic.com

Nine Nigerians, including the son of veteran Fuji musician, Kwam 1, have been arrested in the U.S and Nigeria as part of an international investigation into online “romance scams” and “mystery shopper” schemes that made victims lose at least $2 million over the past two years.

During the Chicago-based investigation, dubbed “Operation Gold Phish,” law enforcement identified a variety of cyber-enabled fraud schemes allegedly carried out by conspirators in the U.S. and Nigeria.

A criminal complaint filed Dec. 4, 2018, in U.S. District Court in Chicago charged nine defendants with conspiracy to commit wire fraud. Arrests were recently carried out in Illinois, Texas, and Nigeria, and all of the defendants are now in law enforcement custody.

The Nigerian EFCC is conducting a related investigation of other individuals in Nigeria. .

Arrested on the U.S. charges in Illinois were Daniel Samuel Eta, 35, Babatunde Ladehinde Labiyi, 20, Barnabas Oghenerukevwe Edjieh, 29, Kwam 1’s son, Sultan Omogbadebo Anifowoshe, 26, aka Ayinde; Babatunde Ibraheem Akarigidi, 39, Miracle Ayokunle Okunola, 21, Olurotimi Akitunde Idowu, 55.

Adewale Anthony Adewumi, 27, was arrested in Texas, and Olaniyi Adeleye Ogungbaiye, 26, aka DonChiChi, was arrested in Lagos, Nigeria.

Once the group got the money, they funneled the proceeds into their personal bank accounts or overseas, often Nigeria, the affidavit said. .
At least three times, the money was used to pay for vehicles on behalf of a Nigerian car company owned by one of the defendants. The charge in the complaint carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

Read more: https://www.gistvic.com/2018/12/fuji-musician-kwam1s-son-8-others.html

4 Likes

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by UceeGod: 2:26pm On Dec 22, 2018
When fatherhood is sacrificed on the altar of affluence, the child becomes a menace to the society

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by KillTheZombies: 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2018
ct2:
Eastside and Westside collabo

There was no Easterner there. They are all Nigerian yorubas who are king of fraud.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2018
Rest in jail.
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by googlepikins: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2018
ct2:
na lie, 100% afonja case

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Egbetayo(m): 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2018
Karma at work! Check the list of his father fans and customers. Please, show me their source of wealth.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Gbabe2: 2:31pm On Dec 22, 2018
Keep quiet joor. Crime is not peculiar to any tribe. Whether drugs, ritual killings, armed robbery or yahoo yahoo. Say no to crime, it doesnt pay.

KillTheZombies:

There was no Easterner there. They are all Nigerian yorubas who are king of fraud.
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 22, 2018
Majority of dem are fetish....Yahoo+

1 Like

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by KillTheZombies: 2:33pm On Dec 22, 2018
Gbabe2:
Keep quiet joor. Crime is not peculiar to any tribe. Whether drugs, ritual killings, armed robbery or yahoo yahoo. Say no to crime, it doesnt pay.

Of course because na Yoruba dem catch.
If they had been Igbos you would have gone on a masturbation spree calling them 'Igbos', 'ajakota mamuomi' etc.

Abeg go siddon.

These Yoruba fraudsters are rotting in jail for 20 years. The jury won't spare them.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by israelmao(m): 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2018
APC musician.On the marks again...
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2018
AngelicBeing:
The worst part is most of the yahoo boys don't do anything meaningful with the money, it ends in club, beer, pussy, show-off, expensive jewelries, ill-gotten wealth fritters away like a vapor grin
B4 nko...How u wan make dem spend am nah? Money wey dem no work 4

2 Likes

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Japsylee: 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2018
Spell AFONJA..... ... a.......o...b...o....Io.eozo.

1 Like

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by baby124: 2:39pm On Dec 22, 2018
The father was too busy chasing women and money than to raise responsible children. I am sure he doesn’t even know much about his kids. This is what happens to sperm donor father’s. When your kids decide to give you back the level of care you gave them. What a big disgrace. Lack of values and common sense.

9 Likes

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oxymoron.... In response to the post above
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Oluwaseyi456(m): 2:40pm On Dec 22, 2018
Money from Tinubu
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Mccullum: 2:42pm On Dec 22, 2018
Elxandre:
When they won't take care of their children.

Before you attack me and say his children do not suffer lack, note that care goes beyond money.
How would you care for your kids and act as a father, when you have 40 kids? At this rate, you are only marginally better than a sperm donor.

We aren't in medieval ages for crying out loud!

You've made good point on moral caring and that medieval ages is not issue at all because during medieval period rich men got wives and children while poor men married according to their level and they still cared for their children.

The general problem of the youth of nowadays are short routes to success and sadness will end their happiness.
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by BanevsJoker(m): 2:43pm On Dec 22, 2018
Shibaraba:
Bookola
a k a Booker of Space.
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by Gbabe2: 2:43pm On Dec 22, 2018
Its only baboons and morons that are quick to tribalize crimes on social media. Ask me if yorubas are not into drugs, armed robbery, fraud, yahoo plus etc. The northerners are not left behind as well. We should all join hands and always condemn evil. The end result of crime is always bad. Why enjoy for a few years and suffer afterward. Yes, our leaders are not helping matters but we should try and be strong, be creative and be hardworking. There was an Ibadan guy in the 90s that painted Ibadan red then not knowing he was a drug baron in the States. He was subsequently caught, sent to 45 years jail term in the States and raped in jail. He died after 8 years in prison. Crime does not pay.

KillTheZombies:

Of course because na Yoruba dem catch.
If they had been Igbos you would have gone on a masturbation spree calling them 'Igbos', 'ajakota mamuomi' etc.

Abeg go siddon.

These Yoruba fraudsters are rotting in jail for 20 years. The jury won't spare them.

2 Likes

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by BanevsJoker(m): 2:45pm On Dec 22, 2018
ct2:
Don't lie, no eastsider there.
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by RALPHOW(m): 2:47pm On Dec 22, 2018
Useless boy , spoiled the name his father build over 40 years in just one night.
Akukubi omo!

3 Likes

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by LZAA: 2:52pm On Dec 22, 2018
Gbabe2:

Tell that to ur brodas who jubilate over every drug thread grin

1 Like

Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by princejenks(m): 2:56pm On Dec 22, 2018
at the risk of sounding judgemental,I'd only say an apple doesn't fall far from the tree
Re: Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2018
Toks2008:
Before Yahoo Yahoo was branded i have known about it but I will rather die of lack than scam my fellow human in anyway.

The spirit is not in you. Those ones with the spirit know themselves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Regina Daniels Unboxes Her Rolex Gift From Ned Nwoko / Captain Demuren's Curvy Wife, Toolz Looks Alluring In New Photos / Judith Chichi Aka Afrocandy In Bikini At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.