Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Dogs Really Do Eat Alot - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dogs Really Do Eat Alot (874 Views)

I Just Lost One Of My Precious Dogs (so Sad) / My Guardian Dogs All Grown Now / "Beware Of Dogs, Intruders Will Be Eaten" - In Ikeja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogs Really Do Eat Alot by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
have you noticed how dogs eat even more than us people, especially my dogs, if you see how they eat you will be surprised, there are 2 of them and each time I feed them, I give them each their own tray filled up with rice, a few pieces of chicken head, chicken leg and beef too and they finish everything within minutes, can a normal humanbeign finish a whole tray of food? I don't think so, i know I can't. if I use all this normal plate that we use use to eat, before I count to 10 they will clear the plate and not even be satisfied.

Man, I swear it's not easy feeding dogs, you have to be very much committed, if not you will end up with skinny malnourished dogs, unless if you are rich enough, it is not a good idea to gather more than 2 dogs. All these guys that are still struggling financially but are busy gathering dogs, I am just looking at them, they don't know what they are getting themselves in to.

Even I myself, I want a third dog but I am not going to get it yet because I know that i am not financially ready at the moment until I am ready, but not now.

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Really Do Eat Alot by femsfarm: 10:14pm On Dec 22, 2018
Whatz ur dog breed?
Same here my bullmastiff losses her senses @ d sight of food. Am afraid thief fit bribe am with food self.
Re: Dogs Really Do Eat Alot by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2018
femsfarm:
Whatz ur dog breed?
Same here my bullmastiff losses her senses @ d sight of food. Am afraid thief fit bribe am with food self.
Gsd and rott/gsd mix.
Re: Dogs Really Do Eat Alot by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:34am On Dec 23, 2018
mhd5757:
have you noticed how dogs eat even more than us people, especially my dogs, if you see how they eat you will be surprised, there are 2 of them and each time I feed them, I give them each their own tray filled up with rice, a few pieces of chicken head, chicken leg and beef too and they finish everything within minutes, can a normal humanbeign finish a whole tray of food? I don't think so, i know I can't. if I use all this normal plate that we use use to eat, before I count to 10 they will clear the plate and not even be satisfied.

Man, I swear it's not easy feeding dogs, you have to be very much committed, if not you will end up with skinny malnourished dogs, unless if you are rich enough, it is not a good idea to gather more than 2 dogs. All these guys that are still struggling financially but are busy gathering dogs, I am just looking at them, they don't know what they are getting themselves in to.

Even I myself, I want a third dog but I am not going to get it yet because I know that i am not financially ready at the moment until I am ready, but not now.
Imagine... And I'm here, begging my own puppies to eat!
Bought fish, bought turkey, bought diamond puppy, cooked rice. All they take is just small and that's it. I'm just wasting food.
Imagine me buying two bags of diamond puppy only for them to smell it and just walk away.
And that yeye vet keep saying nothing is wrong with them!
If something happens to those dogs, I'll make sure the man dies in jail too.

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Really Do Eat Alot by fowlyansh181(m): 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
Kelvin30286063:

Bought fish, bought turkey, bought diamond puppy, cooked rice. All they take is just small and that's it. I'm just wasting food.
Imagine me buying two bags of diamond puppy only for them to smell it and just walk away.
my dogs do same too but I have a trick I use , especially for diamonds .. don’t just serve it diamond on its plate and leave it .. pick up a piece of diamond and place it in front of him or her, play with the diamond on the floor as if you are playing football with your fingers, try to quickly take it away from the dog if she tries to rush for it , then do it again And let the dog win and snatch it from you . Then pick a whole lot of diamond and repeat same steps, you can then gradually use a piece of diamond to play fetch with the dog , throw it and let it go get it, then throw again .. it really works for me and I’ll be buying some more bags of diamond the coming week ..
Re: Dogs Really Do Eat Alot by Yorubaseeker: 2:30pm On Dec 24, 2018
Kelvin30286063:

please add chicken when giving your dogs diamond.
and come back to give testimony
Re: Dogs Really Do Eat Alot by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:26am On Dec 25, 2018
Yorubaseeker:

please add chicken when giving your dogs diamond.
and come back to give testimony
I bought 2 kilos of turkey, they still don't give a Bleep. I'm feeding them can food now and they are responding slowly. Thanks guys
Re: Dogs Really Do Eat Alot by Yorubaseeker: 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2018
Kelvin30286063:

I bought 2 kilos of turkey, they still don't give a Bleep. I'm feeding them can food now and they are responding slowly. Thanks guys

try giving them raw without cooking and then you would see a difference
Re: Dogs Really Do Eat Alot by skull2(m): 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2018
My German Shepherd dogs don't eat much. I feed them diamond and chicken. Their response is still poor. OP, how did you tone up the appetite of your dogs?
Re: Dogs Really Do Eat Alot by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2018
@ skull2 Maybe it's because I feed them just once a day, they probably get hungry through the whole day so when they see food in the evening they can't help but rush it.

PS the former owner of my rott/gsd bitch used to starve her so when I adopted her she just came to my house ready to eat everything in sight, she was skinny too at first but now shes put on weight.

(1) (Reply)

Solid Pitbull Available In Ibadan / This Happened To My Dog, Please What Can I Do? / How Do I Transport An Adult Dog From Asaba To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.