Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Man Die In Rivers Because Hospital Insist They Get Paid Before Treatment - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Die In Rivers Because Hospital Insist They Get Paid Before Treatment (575 Views)

Hospitals Demand Child's Tribe Before Treatment / Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment / Woman Wants To Be Paid Before Taking Her Sick Child For Treatment. Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Die In Rivers Because Hospital Insist They Get Paid Before Treatment by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 22, 2018
sad

The young man was said to have been stabbed on his way home by assailants because of his phone last Sunday. He was rushed to DATA MEDICAL CENTER, WOJI, Port Harcourt but wasn't treated until N25000 was paid.

A good Samaritan paid the Hospital the sum of N30000 but they still refused to treat the victim because the hospital didn't get the alert.

The man has since been buried on 18th December, 2018.

1 Share

Re: Man Die In Rivers Because Hospital Insist They Get Paid Before Treatment by LuciferCatholic: 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2018
First off, a 40 year old man isn't "young".

Secondly, how come the relatives are so quick to pay for the design of his obituary but dallied in providing the money that would have kept him alive?

I think they wanted him dead and got their wish.

The hospital will remain open for business & I pray divine blessings locate them and more branches are opened in the 6 geo-political zones of the federation come 2019.

*spits angry
Re: Man Die In Rivers Because Hospital Insist They Get Paid Before Treatment by enGraced2019: 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2018
Nairalanders please put a smile on a Nairalander's face this Christmas.please sow a seed of love for my Christmas rice and chicken( ice fish). N5k is ok
Good Samaritan on Nairaland please help me with your widows might make i buy food for house. the grain of rice from your table will go a long way. hunger wan finish person. Diamond Bank 0071552171.
Re: Man Die In Rivers Because Hospital Insist They Get Paid Before Treatment by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2018
How can we have a working health system

There has to be a way to administer treatment to victims. Even when a good Samaritan paid the hospital N30000, they hospital insisted they get alert of payment before treating the victim.

Sad!
Re: Man Die In Rivers Because Hospital Insist They Get Paid Before Treatment by LuciferCatholic: 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2018
enGraced2019:
[s]Nairalanders please put a smile on a Nairalander's face this Christmas.please sow a seed of love for my Christmas rice and chicken( ice fish). N5k is ok
Good Samaritan on Nairaland please help me with your widows might make i buy food for house. the grain of rice from your table will go a long way. hunger wan finish person. Diamond Bank 0071552171.[/s]

If rice is your problem, attend Progress Dennis' funeral and you shall eat to your heart's content.

Fraudster.

*spits angry

Re: Man Die In Rivers Because Hospital Insist They Get Paid Before Treatment by IamD18: 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2018
The hospital will not fold. They did nothing wrong because it's a thing of choice to start treatment without payment, not a must.

Nigerians and their mentality of putting unnecessary blames on people for their misfortunes is becoming disgusting.

A hospital is not a charity organisation. It's where you pay to get treatment.
Re: Man Die In Rivers Because Hospital Insist They Get Paid Before Treatment by enGraced2019: 9:50pm On Dec 22, 2018
LuciferCatholic:

If rice is your problem, attend Progress Dennis' funeral and you shall eat to your heart's content.

Fraudster.

*spits angry
so because a person ask for help there are fraudster? May you be found where you will need help from a stranger and treated bad.
Re: Man Die In Rivers Because Hospital Insist They Get Paid Before Treatment by CreepyBlackpool: 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
well there's no guarantee he woulda paid after treatment so......

1 Like

Re: Man Die In Rivers Because Hospital Insist They Get Paid Before Treatment by Athena4: 10:53pm On Dec 22, 2018
LuciferCatholic:

Fraudster.

*spits angry
You're still lame bros.
Re: Man Die In Rivers Because Hospital Insist They Get Paid Before Treatment by Amhappy(f): 2:27am On Dec 23, 2018
I'm not surprised to see the insensitive comments here. Because it's not you or your bro,it's does not concern you. The only value we know is money. No value for life yet we profess God here and there. According to some he's older than their grandfather. For the hospital business folks; I hope you all carry minimum 100k in your purse while moving around so that when a criminal randomly pick you and stab you, you will quickly pay the doctor as you rush in. Hopefully the criminals didn't collect the purse. Or hopefully you bleed for 12hrs no shaking even when the dagger has struck a major organ for you to make a transfer and confirm alert or visit ATM or contact your relatives to pay the hospital.
It's called emergency because time is counted in seconds. Why would a random guy who does not know the victim make a transfer of 30k and hospital who is trained on emergency refuse first aid till they see alert. Humanity is lost in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Man Die In Rivers Because Hospital Insist They Get Paid Before Treatment by Amhappy(f): 2:44am On Dec 23, 2018
IamD18:
The hospital will not fold. They did nothing wrong because it's a thing of choice to start treatment without payment, not a must.

Nigerians and their mentality of putting unnecessary blames on people for their misfortunes is becoming disgusting.

A hospital is not a charity organisation. It's where you pay to get treatment.

The hospital will no fold because we are in an insane country because if it was a sane country,they will cease to exist. The last time I checked it's not a thing of choice in all the other countries Nigerians are crossing the desert to run to. Will you have this same position if he was your brother, your favourite footballer, a popular politician or a celebrity. Nobody asked the hospital to treat him for free. That's why a good Samaritan who saw how critical the condition is paid 30k to the hospital,5k more than what they requested but they waited to confirm alert. Life cannot be replaced. By the time the alert is confirmed, the money is useless.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Monolaurin Strong Against Sturborn Staphylococcus & Some Viral Infection / Health Benefits Of Supercider / Health Benefits Of Beards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.