Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,038 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Some Problems With Noah's Ark Story - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Some Problems With Noah's Ark Story (394 Views)

Noah's Story: Why Didn't Allah Kill Satan? / Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? / Beware Of What Causes Behavioral Problems In Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Problems With Noah's Ark Story by tintingz(m): 10:48pm On Dec 22, 2018
Some of the problems in Noah's ark story in the Quran.

1. Where did Noah learn to build a ship?

2. How many people build the ship of that size?

3. How did Noah and his family care for all those animals?

4. Did the good loving merciful God(Allah) also killed children and infants?

5. Where can we find the remains of the ark?

6. Noah's ark story look very similar to the myth story "Epic of Gilgamesh".

7. Any evidence of global flood?

8. How did meat eating animals not eat other animals, what did they feed on?

9. What about the insects?

10. How did antarctic animals like penguins travel down to the Middle East?

11. How did all the animals get on board quickly, we have slow walking animals like snails, sloth, slug, tortoise etc.

12. What about the plants?

13. How did they manage to stay long in that ark for years, any health risk?

14. Where did all the water go after the flood?

15. Does the pair of male and female animals even make any sense?

I can go on and on.

The point is, the Noah's ark story sounds like children bed time story, story that was made up by primitive thinking men.

3 Likes

Re: Some Problems With Noah's Ark Story by Vulcanheph(m): 12:46am On Dec 23, 2018
I'm a Christian, I just went through the unnecessary procedure so I can be able to comment and because I'm happy that there is another liberal free thinker who hasn't let religion cloud his sense of judgment and reasoning.
Concerning the story of Noah... It happens to be one of the most absurd stories ever told and technically it doesn't make sense. Truly speaking I've asked the same questions about the story of Noah and basically every other religious story I've read in the bible and most of them make no sense from a realistic point of view.
Also upon doing further research outside the bible I came to realize that the "Legend of Gilgamesh " which resembles Noah's story and "The legend of Sargon " which resembles Moses' story and even the creation story all originated from ancient Sumeria in Mesopotamia , a civilization that history claims existed before Moses(The person that is believed to have written Noah's story).
Also the Israelites spent decades in Babylon(a kingdom that originated from Sumeria) so it's possible that the Israelites borrowed the flood myth from them and simply updated it to fit their culture. Besides every culture around the world from Africa ,South America and the Caribbean all tell a version of the flood myth.
Finally anybody who feels bad that I entered a Muslim thread when I'm not a Muslim should understand that I did it to share knowledge because as they say "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER"

2 Likes

Re: Some Problems With Noah's Ark Story by tintingz(m): 11:14am On Dec 23, 2018
Vulcanheph:
I'm a Christian, I just went through the unnecessary procedure so I can be able to comment and because I'm happy that there is another liberal free thinker who hasn't let religion cloud his sense of judgment and reasoning.
Concerning the story of Noah... It happens to be one of the most absurd stories ever told and technically it doesn't make sense. Truly speaking I've asked the same questions about the story of Noah and basically every other religious story I've read in the bible and most of them make no sense from a realistic point of view.
Also upon doing further research outside the bible I came to realize that the "Legend of Gilgamesh " which resembles Noah's story and "The legend of Sargon " which resembles Moses' story and even the creation story all originated from ancient Sumeria in Mesopotamia , a civilization that history claims existed before Moses(The person that is believed to have written Noah's story).
Also the Israelites spent decades in Babylon(a kingdom that originated from Sumeria) so it's possible that the Israelites borrowed the flood myth from them and simply updated it to fit their culture. Besides every culture around the world from Africa ,South America and the Caribbean all tell a version of the flood myth.
Finally anybody who feels bad that I entered a Muslim thread when I'm not a Muslim should understand that I did it to share knowledge because as they say "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER"
This is good and well put.

Even a Christian knows the Noah's ark story is a crap.

One of the thing that make me abandon Islam is the fairytales that is filled in the Quran, the more you read these so called divine books and do research with open mind the more your faith diminish.

Keep on with the research and keep questioning.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Opportunity To Learn How To Read The Qur’an In Arabic In Just 4 Days! / Eid-fitr / Tunde Ednut Using His IG Page To Spread Israeli Sponsored Islamophobia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.