Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 (15685 Views)

Labour Declares Nationwide Protest Over Hardship / NLC Declares Two-Day Warning Strike Over Effects Of Subsidy Removal / NLC Declares Nationwide Strike From Wednesday Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by dumahi(m): 1:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
Aa
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by lenghtinny(m): 1:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
NLC are not serious at all

1 Like

Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
not gonna be possible... until after elections.. you were rushing to Call off the strike not minding the people... no be strike and sprike....

1 Like

Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by okwabayi(m): 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2018
30,000 NGN is a good salary but the jump from 18,000 NGN [15,000 NGN in most companies] to the amount is huge. I foresee inflation happening if this is finally approved.
Rather than increasing workers’ salary why don’t they cut senators and other well placed politicians’ allowances? It will at least curb the phenomenon of career politicians.

1 Like

Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by paskilo247(m): 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
I don't trust this NLC. This is the weakest and the most unproductive NLC in the history of this union. It is only a fool that will join u in ur protest on January 8th. Where were they when the federal government removed the oil subsidy and increased the price of fuel back then? They think they could call fg their friends let alone this one. U na eyes never clear...I go soon clear. Ode
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by able1993(m): 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
They don start again, they turn strike to on and off, the thing go reach close now and Dem go off am. I doubt anyway if people would take them serious again.....

Anyway, if you wish to be motivated about what you are doing or want to read life stories to learn from, success strategies.....then visit www.motivate.com.ng
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by firstolalekan(m): 1:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
zoedew:
Misguided fellows! The last strike was pushed up to delivery point only for them to back down!!
Shut up silly!
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by zoedew: 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2018
firstolalekan:

Shut up silly!

Rather than engage with me constructively you got abusive! Not surprising though as that is consistent with the demonic phenomenon that has you bound! Your profile reveals how abusive an entity you have chosen to be overtime. How else do you explain pushing a strike initiative to delivery point only to back out! Do you talk about the deprivation endured by the striking workers or the economic loss it brought to the nation’s economy!! Discerning readers know as between you and I who indeed is silly and advisedly should keep mute!

1 Like

Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by Rajiolaade: 2:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
theoldpretender:
Well, the truth is, government better pay up, BUT, taking into account oil money is not too much, paying minimum wage means taking another big loan down the line.

Another reason to diversify our economy.
I wish iknow u better u are one of the best very few brains in the forum.kudos.
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by Alanzazani: 2:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
This Wabba no get sense at all. He thinks unionism is for fickle minded pricks like him

1 Like

Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 2:39pm On Dec 23, 2018
NLC lacks tactics
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by akinbode1(m): 2:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
Unserious set of union, Strike if you want to and if not stop making noise....
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by bling01: 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ayuba wabala and his team have presented themselves as disappointment and weaklings, Nigerian workers will never take them seriously anymore
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by bling01: 3:13pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ayuba and his team have presented themselves as disappointment and weaklings, Nigerian workers will never take them seriously anymore
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by Geesaintagape: 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ayuba wanna is fooling Nigerians. U are corrupt
I don't like pple with double standard
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by FBIL: 3:32pm On Dec 23, 2018
AYUBA Waba has compromised the welfare of workers just to help Buhari cross-over but we shall stop him. Cast your vote and follow it up till INEC office. We're sharing a pen-like camera which will be secretly used to capture any partisan INEC or security official.
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by Samnavy: 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2018
Very good we are waiting
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by micgray100(m): 3:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
This NLC is the most stupid of all unions.. January 8 for protess...
Sure govt will agree on the 7th mid night again.. And the implementation won't start that January but February or March when the election must have been done.. Stupid people..
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by otokx(m): 3:57pm On Dec 23, 2018
Anaskie:
Who takes these clowns seriously anymore?

They had the opportunity to advance their cause with the last strike. Nigerians gave them their full support. Government would have eventually succumbed to their demands.

Only for them to call it off before the strike even started.

NLC please protest on your own. You guys arent serious at all.

As for me, I'm not starting my new year with any protest.

Seconded, the EXCO members should keep up with their double mindedness. First they said December 31st now January 8th.

1 Like

Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by UncletC: 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
firstolalekan:
Good.

If SouthAfrican can afford to pay N126, 000 minimum wage, why can't Nigeria pay at least N100, 000?

They can't pay 30k at people like SENATOR YAYI, DINO ETC can be cashing out around 14 million naira with salary of N750k every month.

Woe betide all these rogue politicians.

I swear most Nigerians need brain reset if they re-elect this people.
The only time senator YAYI and 90% of our legislators is ever active is during election campaign. After his wins, he goes back to hibernation and the bribery and looting continues.
Bastard
you started your comment well but messed up later, just take six capsules of that food supplement ( brain reset) it will help you.
if Nigerians don't vote, won't they still continue in office.
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by MUSAPLC: 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ayuba wabba , one worse leader of NLC we have have
He is an insults
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by IJEYdiamond(f): 4:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
Are these guys for real
who will take u serious??
when you were to act during Prince Charles visit you didn't??

Though l am not in full support of the striking Lecturers. they still get level...

Jan 8 is too far oo. As for me.. I an waiting to see if ever this will hold.. grin

Jan 8 is too far oo. As for me.. I am waiting to see if ever this will hold.. PMB has become the latest maradonna in town.. with the 4 0 4.. sign!!
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by firstolalekan(m): 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
UncletC:

you started your comment well but messed up later, just take six capsules of that food supplement ( brain reset) it will help you.
if Nigerians don't vote, won't they still continue in office.
If only you have a functional brain you'd understand the meaning of RE-ELECT
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by Ayobami7(m): 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
重磅转会大新闻
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by tunmoj(m): 5:09pm On Dec 23, 2018
Another initial 'gra gra' only to bow to pressure at meetings.
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by thunderbabs: 5:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
Trouble wey una suppose use the latter months of 2018 scatter area for Buhari.. Na trouble una wan use the beginning of year 2019 do... shocked
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by Owaincouncil: 6:28pm On Dec 23, 2018
This people that are not serious. Who get their time.
The protest they will call off on the eve(7th) of January when money change hand.
I beg, say better thing.
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 23, 2018
Idiots. So you're waiting for nlc to strike before you demand for your rights?
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by Tolubory(m): 8:42pm On Dec 23, 2018
#NLC Wants to use #Newyear to start their rubbish Abi!!
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
IMASTEX:
Paying politicians millions of naira for doing nothing is easy. Even with the billions looted. But paying mere #30,000 to workers is like heaven wants to fall. Even majority of the civil servants are products of the politicians slots. What a country!
How does that impact on factory workers and employees of self-employed entities? Useless strike!
Re: NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 by med123(m): 10:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
Run your CVS / FETAL GENOTYPE @ Greene Diagnostics, Benin City. Call any of our Consultants for help; 08025200314.

(1) (2) (Reply)

It’ll Be Disastrous If Tinubu Does Not Probe Buhari – Attahiru Bafarawa / QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries / Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.