Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

How To Generate A Story To Write - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Generate A Story To Write (391 Views)

MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Generate A Story To Write by storypoet(m): 11:39pm On Dec 22, 2018
HOW TO GENERATE A STORY TO WRITE
December 18, 2018 - by Ani SP
Do you want to write a story but you don't know how to generate a story and how to start writing it? Do you admire story writers but think you are not talented enough to write? Have you been looking for an experienced writer who can lead you through a step by step process of story writing? If you fall into one of the above caregories, then this article is for you.
There are people who are born story writers. There are also other people who are made story writers. Story writing is a skill, and every skill can be acquired. So anyone who desires to write can learn how to write from an experienced writer.
Story writing starts with ideation. This is the most important part of story writing because it is where you generate the story to write. Every story is crafted around a topic or theme. The theme is the central idea. However, in this article I am going to assume that you already know the literary terms and their meanings. But if you have not familiarized yourself with the literary terms you can click here to read them up.
Let us go straight to how to generate a publishable story. Draw your seat closer for what is coming will interest you. The foundation and most challenging part of story writing is the ideation stage which I already discussed above. There are many sources or many things you think are potential stories everywhere, but to get a publishable story can be difficult. I have therefore come up with three sources through which you can generate a story to write.
THREE SOURCES OF STORY
1. Personal experience
2. Story told by other people ( virgin stories only)
3. Vision and dreams
PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
You can see a publishable story in what you experienced. What you experienced can be categorised into what you saw, what you felt, and what you tasted. For a wanna-be story writer, the easiest way to generate a story is through your personal experience. Here you can describe what you personally experienced better than when somebody is telling you the story. You feel one with the story you are writing, the scene and characters, because you saw it happen. You have first hand information pertaining to your story.
To turn your experiences into a
fiction, all you need to do is create fictitious characters to impersonate characters in your real-life experience. Then apply a small creative skill on the story so that whoever reads it will know it is really a creative work, and not a literal report of a real-life incident.
For instance, you were in a scene where two young men fought over a young lady. You watched it. You helped seperate the fight. You saw the verbal and nonverbal expressions of the two young men and the young lady too. You listened to them explain how it all started and what each person wanted. Having all these data, your story is almost written. Just go home and start writing. You can create other scenes but most importantly the scene you witnessed must feature in the story. That makes you one with or emotionally connected with the story you are writing. There you have the opportunity of describing how Mr A weilded a bottle, broke it on his own head and used the jagged piece to stab Mr B. Mr B cried out…writhed in pain…and so on. You have to start from somewhere.
SOMEONE CAN TELL YOU A VIRGIN STORY
Similarly, someone can tell you an interesting story that has never been written by someone else. It could come from your elders or even from a younger one. Unlike personal experience, you did not witness the incident. You are getting the data from an eye witness. It could even be a story passed from generation to generation. You have to be a writer to see a publishable story in the story you heard. Or at least you must have been scouting for a story before you can catch the creative part of the story you heard.
YOU CAN GET A STORY IN A VISION OR DREAM
This source is highly pertinent to people who are born writers, or at least people who have effectively developed the creative writing skill. Those two set of people can communicate with what I can the angel of creativity. You may call it the muse. If you believe that there is a spirit that controls everything, you should also believe with me that my angel of creativity controls creative endeavors. This is a guide that can come to you in your dream to give you story(ies) to write. I know this because the angel of creativity gave me SOMEONE SOMEWHERE in a dream. I published Someone Somewhere in 2018. And after writing BEHIND THE MASK, I was searching for a better title for the book when the angel of creativity came and showed me Behind the Mask. And I have always been in a constant communion with this angel of creativity.
Some times, the story here can come in form of a flash of inspiration. You just see it in your mind’s eye. You just feel yiu should write it.
If you seriously want to get a story to write, dont ignore the above sources. I hope this article has helped you. Be kind to give me your feedback in the comment box below. I expect to see you write a story soon.

https://storypoet.com/2018/12/18/how-to-generate-a-story-to-write/

To read more visit
www.storypoet.com

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

HELP ! Where Can I Download "Dream Year" / Life Is A Journey ( A Short Story Review Of Harrysong Music JOURNEY) / Why Haven't You Read This Book?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.