Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 (49808 Views)

Manchester City Vs Arsenal (5 - 0) On 28th August 2021 / Manchester United Vs Wolves (1 - 0) On 29th December 2020 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 29th December 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by hyfr(m): 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ximenez:
Had it been he has managed teams like City, Bayern or Barcelona that can spend any amount to buy players, then you won't be calling him a team builder. He has been managing teams who always lose their best players to bigger teams. This is like the first time in his managerial career that he will actually be able to keep hold of his best players and even add more. Did he have the luxuries of signing players like Becker and VVD at Dortmund? No. Instead he losing his players to the likes of Bayern and Co.
u don't get it do you? Jurgen Klopp is a very good coach, but he's tactics fails him when needed most. Why would he need to sign players when he had people like Lewandowski, reus, gotze and th rest then? They were players that he built to his tactics
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by OsaDi: 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2018
hyfr:
How many seasons in contained in 8 years sir

Pls do you watch football?
A season starts August and runs till May with a break till August again and that's 1year for 1season..2008-15, that's 7years..where are you getting 16years from. Klopp hasn't managed a financial powerful team and he's grinding out results and making it to finals. Give him to manage man city with good financial support and see what will happen..mind u, pep or mourihno hasn't managed a struggling team with low financial power like klopp.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by mvem(m): 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
hyfr:
needed a change, lol!! That's th language u wanna employ here. He had a bad ending, he lost two crucial finals, one was UCL against the same bayern you claim he snatched the crown from. players started going out even Lewandowski opted out, he was frustrated, that's why he left. Nobody would change a good coach I the guise of NEEDING A CHANGE
...yes buy he was still successful in Germany and the world of coaching... His pressing style was something innovative... The main point is that he has to win the league with Liverpool which they most desire more than anything...
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by hyfr(m): 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
nkemjacob2:
I will also remindu too that aa jinx can broken
it's not a jinx. It's his own undoing
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by borie4u(m): 10:58pm On Dec 29, 2018
One thing i know is liverpool string of defeat will start from man city's game. They will so lose that they will be fighting for third place. All their top matches are now away while their contenders will be at home to welcome them. By ending of January they will be in their proper stand in the league which is third.
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by Ximenez(m): 10:59pm On Dec 29, 2018
hyfr:
u don't get it do you? Jurgen Klopp is a very good coach, but he's tactics fails him when needed most. Why would he need to sign players when he had people like Lewandowski, reus, gotze and th rest then? They were players that he built to his tactics
He lost two of those players to Bayern eventually, even when Bayern were still stronger with those players at Dortmund. He didn't lose any final to an inferior team at Dortmund, he pushed Bayern all the way in the 2013 ucl final.

Guy the sings are already there, Liverpool will win the league this season, for the fact that they've even scored much and conceded just 8 times so far is impressive. Apart from the crucial points they garnered against City and Chelsea early on, I was expecting them to draw wolves, lose to united and draw Arsenal. Just like the Liverpool of old, but it didn't happen.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by hyfr(m): 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
mvem:
...yes buy he was still successful in Germany and the world of coaching... His pressing style was something innovative... The main point is that he has to win the league with Liverpool which they most desire more than anything...
no one doubts his German success. He was nicknamed Jurgen-pressin at dortmund. But in England he has no record and might b sacked if Liverpool goe s without any trophy this season. They gave him the bank at his disposal this coming transfer window, watch what's goin to hit him
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by donoro(m): 11:03pm On Dec 29, 2018
borie4u:
One thing i know is liverpool string of defeat will start from man city's game. They will so lose that they will be fighting for third place. All their top matches are now away while their contenders will be at home to welcome them. By ending of January they will be in their proper stand in the league which is third.
just accept ur defeat and stop crying

5 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by hyfr(m): 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ximenez:
He lost two of those players to Bayern eventually, even when Bayern were still stronger with those players at Dortmund. He didn't lose any final to an inferior team at Dortmund, he pushed Bayern all the way in the 2013 ucl final.

Guy the sings are already there, Liverpool will win the league this season, for the fact that they've even scored much and conceded just 8 times so far is impressive. Apart from the crucial points they garnered against City and Chelsea early on, I was expecting them to draw wolves, lose to united and draw Arsenal. Just like the Liverpool of old, but it didn't happen.
Liverpool has been d only team not to lift epl after topping table at Xmas period, 10 years now
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by ItsTime4me(m): 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2018
Andrez123:
Liverpool weren't great, Arsenal gifted them 3 goals and 2 penalties that might not have been given on another day. Some shocking defensive errors by Arsenal in that 1st half, poor teams from English league 3 don't even make these kind of mistakes. This is Liverpool's best chance of winning the Premier league since I started watching it, I hope they don't bottle it.

Mesut Ozil did not travel with the team, seems to have totally fallen out with Unai Emery, if he's not gonna play then a replacement is needed in January because Ramsey is not good enough. At least 2 new defenders and one fast winger is needed if Arsenal serious about making it into the top 4 this season.
I think I agree with you. LFC wasn't so fantastic today. Arsenal's dense was just messy. Indeed they should not allow the opportunity of becoming the champion this season slip off them.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by mvem(m): 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
hyfr:
no one doubts his German success. He was nicknamed Jurgen-pressin at dortmund. But in England he has no record and might b sacked if Liverpool goes without any trophy this season. They gave him the bank at his disposal this coming transfer window, watch what's goin to hit him
..why is it your pleasure to see him fail... He has no pressure in Liverpool, he is tasked in building up a team which is in process and he is so much loved by both management and fans. Yes he is required to deliver something this season and he is on a good way...

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by immaculate1234(m): 11:15pm On Dec 29, 2018
IamAlexander:
It was a demolition no doubt... However, we remain focused.... Gunner for life!

focused on what top 4.....commo 4here
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by Constantiney: 11:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
mvem:
..why is it your pleasure to see him fail... He has no pressure in Liverpool, he is tasked in building up a team which is in process and he is so much loved by both management and fans. Yes he is required to deliver something this season and he is on a good way...
Why can't you just ignore the moro.n, can't you see the thing is so full of hate for the manager?

I often wonder why there are so few successful people on earth, but now i know it's because most people are moronic, idiotic and slow to adapt to changes.

Could you believe there are still "pundits" and ex footballers, mostly the ones with average career, that are still saying " oh i still believe man city will win the league because of their squard dept" even with the results in front of them? so liverpool doesn't have dept? Ox? Sturridge? Naby? Milner? Or is it because they didn't cost 500m each?

Morons.
Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by OsaDi: 11:22pm On Dec 29, 2018
borie4u:

All their top matches away??.. Spurs and chelsea coming to anfield is away I guess
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by chiboy1116: 11:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
hyfr:
klopp is easily a top3 coach in the world right now.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by chiboy1116: 11:29pm On Dec 29, 2018
hyfr:
no one doubts his German success. He was nicknamed Jurgen-pressin at dortmund. But in England he has no record and might b sacked if Liverpool goe s without any trophy this season. They gave him the bank at his disposal this coming transfer window, watch what's goin to hit him
Liverpool would never sack kloop , which coach u want us hire again ? Liverpool is playing really really well , like a team on Prozac , the press like F**k , I just want to see a Liverpool Vs fc Barcelona game.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by dominique(f): 11:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
Bloggingscope:

What happened exacly miss? tongue

5-1 shocked

Did your coach bench Aubameyang. Torreira and guendouzi

This is too much now grin

Is this the right time to start chanting Emery out?

The way am looking it you won't even make it to europa league next season cheesy

Lol, Europa is sure but top 4 is still possible.
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by EbukaHades10(m): 12:39am On Dec 30, 2018
chiboy1116:
Liverpool would never sack kloop , which coach u want us hire again ? Liverpool is playing really really well , like a team on Prozac , the press like F**k , I just want to see a Liverpool Vs fc Barcelona game.
Leave am. If na by sacking,Spurs for don sack Poch.

He thinks LFC is United or Chelsea that change coaches the way girls change pants

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by openmine(m): 1:49am On Dec 30, 2018
The stunning victories of Liverpool keep making haters change their goal post after being humiliated and disappointed ONCE AGAIN!
The new and hilarious narrative is about how Klopp is not a trophy winning coach grin grin
Or how Liverpool have been so fortunate and how their luck will soon run out grin grin
Typical mentality of a poor individual who wants to also bring others down to their level! cheesy

After making negative statements for the past 5 weeks or so about how Liverpool were going to lose,i came to a conclusion that the reason most people dont succeed is because they hardly celebrate those who are successful...but will rather mock the successful and make it seem like its all pure luck or some sort of juju that is influencing their progress! cheesy

LFC slowly but surely! YNWA cool cool

11 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by DavSagacity(m): 5:27am On Dec 30, 2018
hyfr:
Klopp has a record of 7 final losses.
The most intriguing one as a Liverpool coach was the final he drew with mancity and lost at penalties, then the following week they met Man city again an beat them 4-1.
He's a very good coach no doubt, very soon his yansh will be opened just when you think he's clinched the title
Bad Belle everywhere... I known are a Man Utd fan. I can feel your pain .Pele

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by hyfr(m): 5:54am On Dec 30, 2018
mvem:
he doesn't feed my family, so why would I want to see him fail sir ? He's a good coach, but England is not where too much tactics pays off, watch on as the league proceeds, he has built a strong team already no doubt, but this year's Epl is not going to Anfield, just mark it somewhere. I'm not hating on him a bit, I'm a chelsea fan and it's equally not coming to the bridge.
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by hyfr(m): 5:55am On Dec 30, 2018
DavSagacity:

Bad Belle everywhere... I known are a Man Utd fan. I can feel your pain .Pele
I hate to reply slow thinking people, this is football and it's a game of analysis, if u can't argue sensibly without sentiments, I have no words with you. For d records I'm a blue boy
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by KuzBoi29(m): 6:09am On Dec 30, 2018
those saying Liverpool will soon drop points , never understand the Liverpool team we have now our defense is very solid and our front 3 are scoring goals and they keep looking hungry for more , every player is giving their full best performance for the club and hopefully to lift a trophy this season!

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by KuzBoi29(m): 6:16am On Dec 30, 2018
openmine:
The stunning victories of Liverpool keep making haters change their goal post after being humiliated and disappointed ONCE AGAIN!
The new and hilarious narrative is about how Klopp is not a trophy winning coach grin grin
Or how Liverpool have been so fortunate and how their luck will soon run out grin grin
Typical mentality of a poor individual who wants to also bring others down to their level! cheesy

After making negative statements for the past 5 weeks or so about how Liverpool were going to lose,i came to a conclusion that the reason most people dont succeed is because they hardly celebrate those who are successful...but will rather mock the successful and make it seem like its all pure luck or some sort of juju that is influencing their progress! cheesy

you couldn't have said this better bro , your always on point. YNWA

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by hyfr(m): 6:23am On Dec 30, 2018
chiboy1116:
klopp is easily a top3 coach in the world right now.
This your comment shows you don't watch football. Klopp is not top 5 even now, he's top 10. You can't rank him when season hasnt ended. Don't count your eggs until it hatch.
Klopp Is Jose mourinho nightmare but at ranking, he's no where close to him
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by KuzBoi29(m): 6:28am On Dec 30, 2018
who noticed when mo salah gave the penalty chance to firmino just to complete his hat trick , if he had taken the penalty himself... he would be the top scorer now , what a class act from Mo salah always!

4 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by ndidibabe(f): 7:11am On Dec 30, 2018
hyfr:
This your comment shows you don't watch football. Klopp is not top 5 even now, he's top 10. You can't rank him when season hasnt ended. Don't count your eggs until it hatch.
Klopp Is Jose mourinho nightmare but at ranking, he's no where close to him
Is this a fact?
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by hyfr(m): 7:36am On Dec 30, 2018
ndidibabe:
Is this a fact?
Google 10 top coaches, any website that lists Klopp among top 3, I'll give u 5k.
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by attahabdullahi7(m): 7:50am On Dec 30, 2018
Arsenal fans..!
Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by donoro(m): 8:47am On Dec 30, 2018
openmine:

naso jare dey keep hating we keep winning grin grin

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by dumininu01(m): 8:49am On Dec 30, 2018
hyfr:
Google 10 top coaches, any website that lists Klopp among top 3, I'll give u 5k.
Bro Google will not put klopp in top 3.. Na person dey collate all those nonsense... Even poch is a better manager than mou currently buh due to what mou has done in the past... That's why he's been rated highly...

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (5 - 1) On 29th December 2018 by CNARIOjoseph(m): 9:12am On Dec 30, 2018
OsaDi:

Give him to manage man city with good financial support and see what will happen..mind u, pep or mourihno hasn't managed a struggling team with low financial power like klopp.

What are you saying? Do you know how Dortmund and Liverpool are worth? For your information, Dortmund and Liverpool are many times richer than Porto and Inter, yet Mourinho won league titles and Champions League with these two teams. When did you start watching football?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Westbrom Vs Manchester United (2 - 2) On 20th October 2014 / Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea : UCL (4 - 1) On August 8 2020 / Everton Vs Manchester United (4 - 0) On 21st April 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.