Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? (6014 Views)

Tecno, Infinix And Itel Are Not Used In China Where They Are Produced / HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread / This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by Samson1851(m): 5:39am On Dec 23, 2018
Now that Huawei has a budget friendly smartphone in Africa, should Tecno, Infinix & itel be very worried about the competition?

According to this video precisely at the 07:31 timeline of the video, TVC interviewed Huawei's PR Manager and she talks about Huawei's New plan to dominate the smartphone market in Nigeria. Kindly watch the video to find out more about this News...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4vbDl07jL0
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by seunfly: 7:28am On Dec 23, 2018
To have better perspective watch the following YouTube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZlYmeJmeOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq-gCrQuLGw

Mind you tecno camon 11 pro is more expensive yet it couldn't catch up with it.
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by sureteeboy(m): 11:26am On Dec 23, 2018
It's an insult to mention Infinix and Tecno in the same sentence as this phone. You should be comparing the phone with Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite and some other similar devices

8 Likes

Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by Behankey(m): 12:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
I don't even think so. Tecno has a strong market base and loyalists. They've worked over the years to be what they are now. Huawei have it's work cut out
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by lanre316: 1:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
As long as Huawei products are beyond the affordability reach of common Nigerian and as long as they don't have Carl Care center here in Nigeria, they have nothing on tecno infinix and itel

1 Like

Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
only enlightened folks can reason huawei over tecno infinix and Co. But most Nigerians don't care bout specs and processors. They knlg cares about design, battery and camera.
So unless huawei ups their marketing strategy in Nigeria and Africa, they have nothing on those.
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by yungrylex00(m): 3:39pm On Dec 23, 2018
Huawei needs a customer care service lik Carl care. That's all that's left
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by Freelancerx: 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2018
Affordability. That is why the likes of Tecno will always dominate.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
krattoss:
only enlightened folks can reason huawei over tecno infinix and Co. But most Nigerians don't care bout specs and processors. They knlg cares about design, battery and camera.
So unless huawei ups their marketing strategy in Nigeria and Africa, they have nothing on those.

And i strongly think that with time that would change,for example years ago i loved tecno esp the camon series for its clear camera, but now i cant use a midrange tecno phone!! I think if they dont upgrade, what happened to Nokia and blackberry might happen to them!!
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by ityP(m): 5:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
Nothing happen to Nokia ooo... Nokia are back in the game, and they have only started

1 Like

Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by seunfly: 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2018
lanre316:
As long as Huawei products are beyond the affordability reach of common Nigerian and as long as they don't have Carl Care center here in Nigeria, they have nothing on tecno infinix and itel
It is very funny when uninformed people think they know things and comment publicly, this phone and camon 11 pro are almost same price or huawei y9 is 2k cheaper than camon 11 pro, huawei also have service center in Nigeria, the one that is more professional, technical and better than calcare because they don't just repairs smartphone they service telecom equipment for all the network providers in Nigeria. Huawei service centre in Abuja is at bannex Wuse 2 while their office is at Dunes centre Maitama. I know they are in many major cities in Nigeria.

The problem of Nigerians is not prices, it is lack information and laziness to seek such info.

12 Likes

Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by scarycuteface(m): 5:36pm On Dec 23, 2018
ityP:
Nothing happen to Nokia ooo... Nokia are back in the game, and they have only started
I use both Nokia and a Tecno. It will be a long time before these other phones sell like Tecno here though
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by seunfly: 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
krattoss:

Some times things are not the way we sees it, for instance huawei Y9 and tecno camon 11 are no match interms of design, battery and camera. Huawei has 4000 mah with kirin 710 on 12nm chips while tecno camon 11 pro is 3700 mah with mediatek p23 on 16nm.

From this you can see that huawei did not only has bigger battery but it also has procesor that is 30% more power efficient.
The problem I v seen here is that people hold on to what they know and act based on what they know while refusing to see what they did not know.
Tecno also has a lot of paid internet worriors who is ready to condem other product and hype tecno.

In conclusion I think Huawei and all other great phone manufacturers should step up their marketing game and enlightenment in Nigeria but the problem is they have bigger, better, richer and advanced market out their and Nigeria sadly did not fall into that category. The only solution is for Nigerians to demand for better things by going for better product. Sadly Nigerians are not known for that, they takes whatever comes their way and complain.

10 Likes

Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by MrBONE2(m): 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
seunfly:

It is very funny when uninformed people think they know things and comment publicly, this phone and camon 11 pro are almost same price or huawei y9 is 2k cheaper than camon 11 pro, huawei also have service center in Nigeria, the one that is more professional, technical and better than calcare because they don't just repairs smartphone they service telecom equipment for all the network providers in Nigeria. Huawei service centre in Abuja is at bannex Wuse 2 while their office is at Dunes centre Maitama. I know they are in many major cities in Nigeria.

The problem of Nigerians is not prices, it is lack information and laziness to seek such info.

Well said Bross grin

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by bravesoul247(m): 7:00pm On Dec 23, 2018
Kudos to Huawei for for this product but TECNO Camon 11 pro does it for me.
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by bravesoul247(m): 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
seunfly:

Some times things are not the way we sees it, for instance huawei Y9 and tecno camon 11 are no match interms of design, battery and camera. Huawei has 4000 mah with kirin 710 on 12nm chips while tecno camon 11 pro is 3700 mah with mediatek p23 on 16nm.

From this you can see that huawei did not only has bigger battery but it also has procesor that is 30% more power efficient.
The problem I v seen here is that people hold on to what they know and act based on what they know while refusing to see what they did not know.
Tecno also has a lot of paid internet worriors who is ready to condem other product and hype tecno.

In conclusion I think Huawei and all other great phone manufacturers should step up their marketing game and enlightenment in Nigeria but the problem is they have bigger, better, richer and advanced market out their and Nigeria sadly did not fall into that category. The only solution is for Nigerians to demand for better things by going for better product. Sadly Nigerians are not known for that, they takes whatever comes their ways and complain.
TECNO is a very brand and has done well by bring out budget friendly devices
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by donbenie(m): 7:48pm On Dec 23, 2018
bravesoul247:
Kudos to Huawei for for this product but TECNO Camon 11 pro does it for me.
And here comes the Tecno Warriors,right on Cue.. grin
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by Just2endowed2(m): 8:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
yungrylex00:
Huawei needs a customer care service lik Carl care. That's all that's left

They have calcare opposite computer village ikeja.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by Olodo24: 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2018
there's no reasonable Huawei phone around 60k. Tecno and infinix caters for all. As for itel.....they're mad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by seunfly: 8:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
bravesoul247:
TECNO is a very brand and has done well by bring out budget friendly devices
Where is budget friendly here when Huawei Y9 is far better than camon 11 pro yet tecno is 1k more expensive.
This is the same in all category.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by seunfly: 8:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
Olodo24:
there's no reasonable Huawei phone around 60k. Tecno and infinix caters for all. As for itel.....they're mad
Y9 2018 is less than that.
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by bravesoul247(m): 8:48pm On Dec 23, 2018
seunfly:

Where is budget friendly here when Huawei Y9 is far better than camon 11 pro yet tecno is 1k more expensive.
This is the same in all category.
you can't draw up conclusions with just one device na. TECNO has been releasing budget friendly devices from way back bros na.
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by seunfly: 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
bravesoul247:
you can't draw up conclusions with just one device na. TECNO has been releasing budget friendly devices from way back bros na.

OK, let me give you another example.
Can phantom 8 (btw 118k to 130k) stand side by with Huawei nova 3 or xiaomi pocof1? yet both phones are like 5k cheaper than tecno phantom 8 while they are miles apart in terms of design, camera, battery and durability. Like I v said this is same across the board for tecno. I laugh when people says tecno is cheap, it is not cheap at all, we are not exposed to other products, in fact tecno is expensive viz-a-viz other product with same specs. Check the price of xiaomi phones with the same specs with tecno, they are going for 35K on Jumia yet tecno will cost close to 50k. In all trasson brand, itel is the only product that reflects true value for money viz-a-viz the spec in comparism to other product.

11 Likes

Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by ityP(m): 9:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
scarycuteface:
I use both Nokia and a Tecno. It will be a long time before these other phones sell like Tecno here though

Ud be shocked ooo... Nokia are now gaining grounds especially with their budget smartphones like Nokia x5... No tecno phone within its price range comes close
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by Samson1851(m): 9:17pm On Dec 23, 2018
According to the video, huawei is releasing a cheaper smartphone in january next year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4vbDl07jL0&t=39s
Olodo24:
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by seunfly: 9:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
ityP:

Ud be shocked ooo... Nokia are now gaining grounds especially with their budget smartphones like Nokia x5... No tecno phone within its price range comes close
@ bolded is that x5 not better than the almighty tecno camon 11 pro this guy's are shouting up and down? Yet tecno camon 11 pro is 28k more expensive.

Nokia is gaining ground rapidly since they already has brand good will to fall on and are producing cheap, quality and sexy phones. My only grudges is that they refused to juice up their product with power. Everybody now kin about large battery even Samsung had to listen and pushed up their juice to 4000mah.
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by ityP(m): 9:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
seunfly:

Nokia is gaining ground rapidly since they already has brand good will to fall on and are producing cheap, quality and sexy phones. My only grudges is that they refused to juice up their product with power. Everybody now kin about large battery even Samsung had to listen and pushed up their juice to 4000mah.

Same here bro... Make dem step up battery and then we would be fully ready to steal d market from tecno, infinix and the rest
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by VICTORKING1(m): 9:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
Olodo24:
there's no reasonable Huawei phone around 60k. T grin angry ;Decno and infinix caters for all. As for itel.....they're mad
..... Seriously they are really mad... Lol itel is still crawling in the market
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by Olodo24: 8:32am On Dec 24, 2018
Samson1851:
According to the video, huawei is releasing a cheaper smartphone in january next year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4vbDl07jL0&t=39s
I didn't see anything like that in the video or did I miss something?
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by sureteeboy(m): 10:15am On Dec 24, 2018
ityP:

I was amazed to see the Helio P60 on that Nokia X5 (3 +32GB) that's been sold for just about 50,000. The best processor Infinix / Tecno has ever used in a phone is the Helio P25 in phantom 8 and Zero 5. Yet these phones are sold at ridiculous prices

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by Rubiesangel: 1:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
How can Tecno be in trouble? They own the market, the highest selling mobile device in Africa
Re: Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? by Samson1851(m): 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2018
Go to the 07:31 timeline of the video for details
Olodo24:
I didn't see anything like that in the video or did I miss something?

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Tecno Marketers Operating On Nairaland / Inside The $5billion Apple Headquarter / Covid-19: MTN Nigeria Changes Name To "Stay Safe" (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.