Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) (9778 Views)

What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? / Bitter Kola For Babies / Nigerian Man Drops Bundles Of 100 Dollar Bills For His Child To Play With.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:52am On Dec 23, 2018
The moment they start crawling, that area where you have your TV set, portable shelf, decorder, Home thearer and speaker is their first target.

Use anything to block that side, these babies will find a way to climb or crawl through.

They love:

Key/Car keys
Phones.
Charger.
Remote contols.
Dstv Decoder
Extension boxes.
Wire.
Home theater speakers.
Standing fan
Table photo frames.
Centre table Decors
Books/Naira notes
Brooms/Parker

Only God knows what attracts them to those devices/stuffs.

Share your experience...

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Imperare(f): 6:57am On Dec 23, 2018
hehe
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by sisisioge: 7:00am On Dec 23, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Must be fun having them around.

3 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by GOFRONT(m): 7:03am On Dec 23, 2018
cool

Everywhere I go, babies are attracted to me even if I'm a stranger.......I never know why

10 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 23, 2018
Children bring so much joy, I was with a child yesterday, he used my phone to video himself and while I was leaving, he started to cry, said he wants to follow me home.

I had to promise young dude I'd be back and I'd sleep over. He was three last month.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by hazan041(m): 7:15am On Dec 23, 2018
Lol.... My neighbor kid the she stare for camera ehn you will thank na proffesional and she's less than 3 then o

1 Like

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 23, 2018
I've got boys

First one loves the Benz so much he literally slept in it. Once o saw him doing zoom zoom on his sleep. I fear

The second as I speak my Christmas tree is condemned. Christmas lights broken. Remote not working. Upon babyproofing. All my sandals under my chairs. Books are snacks. Leave your phone for 2 seconds meet it in the toilet.

He is just 7 months

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:55am On Dec 23, 2018
Shibaraba:
I've got boys

First one loves the Benz so much he literally slept in it. Once o saw him doing zoom zoom on his sleep. I fear

The second as I speak my Christmas tree is condemned. Christmas lights broken. Remote not working. Upon babyproofing. All my sandals under my chairs. Books are snacks. Leave your phone for 2 seconds meet it in the toilet.

He is just 7 months

Lol...

5 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Kenzico(m): 8:55am On Dec 23, 2018
grin

What a lovely experience from Mothers.....I wish similar and reasonable thread like this will keep coming up on nairaland

11 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Flexherbal(m): 9:02am On Dec 23, 2018
Explorers:
Extension box.

Wire.

Home theater speakers.

Only God knows what attracts them to those devices.

Share your experience...

You are so right!

Humans general always want to have a feel of those things you tell them not to touch or have.

1 Like

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by SPDAZZY(f): 9:31am On Dec 23, 2018
Explorers:
Extension box.

Wire.

Home theater speakers.

Only God knows what attracts them to those devices.

Share your experience...

I think it's because kids learn mostly by example and imitation of those around them. They see us using the remote, phones and other devices and want to do the same.

They don't see us play with toys, so they want to do as we do.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by NoToPile: 9:35am On Dec 23, 2018
Lool he wants all the techy gadgets to play with and then is attracted to the following too

Remotes
Phones
Decoder
Stabilizer
Extension
Christmas light( he traced the lights to where we plugged it)
Infact anything thats bling bling or brings out light
Anything Paper

So I decided to give him one old spoilt chinko phone to slam on the ground as he desires, the lil dude later figured that it doesn't bring out light on the screen like ours so it doesnt catch his fancy again grin grin grin

Children of these days ehn

15 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by nwanyiugbo122(f): 9:37am On Dec 23, 2018
I thought am the only one affected, the only value their toys only when it came newly,after some few minutes,they still go and grab my phone, eating remote,pulling charger out from socket. I only have peace and use my phone when they are asleep. cant wait for them to grow honestly.

8 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by itiswellandwell: 9:40am On Dec 23, 2018
Lol
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Bloomingbud(f): 10:13am On Dec 23, 2018
Presently we don't have touch lights in my house again because my children derive pleasure in breaking them,

kitchen is their favourite spot, we shout from morning till night so they don't eat dirty shoes,
they fight over every single item they are playing with including my purse, handbag and even empty drink can

Phew

They are just 10 months old.

17 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by NessaBoo(f): 10:14am On Dec 23, 2018
Kenzico:
grin

What a lovely experience from Mothers.....I wish similar and reasonable thread like this will keep coming up on nairaland

You can say that again. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by NessaBoo(f): 10:18am On Dec 23, 2018
Kids are just absolutely amazing...they could be really troublesome oo, but when they're not around, you start missing them. grin

The bond between a child and parent is just undescribable. smiley

7 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 23, 2018
SPDAZZY:

I think it's because kids learn mostly by example and imitation of those around them. They see us using the remote, phones and other devices and want to do the same.

They don't see us play with toys, so they want to do as we do.
you have said it all my Brother.
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 23, 2018
nwanyiugbo122:
I thought am the only one affected, the only value their toys only when it came newly,after some few minutes,they still go and grab my phone, eating remote,pulling charger out from socket. I only have peace and use my phone when they are asleep. cant wait for them to grow honestly.
feed them with fertilizer then. Lol smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 23, 2018
Bloomingbud:
Presently we don't have touch lights in my house again because my children derive pleasure in breaking them,

kitchen is their favourite spot, we shout from morning till night so they don't eat dirty shoes,
they fight over every single item they are playing with including my purse, handbag and even empty drink can

Phew

They are just 10 months old.
twins I guess? Congratulations.. I love kids like mad.. Can't wait to have mine
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 23, 2018
It only means your child's cognitive development is on track. They want to do what you do. That's all. This is why you should be watchful what your child comes in contact with.

3 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by jessedaflow: 11:26am On Dec 23, 2018
it all started in the garden of eden, wen adam go touch/chop wetin God tell am nt to..check its more in baby boiz than girls..
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by forzarush(f): 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2018
Until now I used to think it was a peculiar challenge. My baby just cracked the screen of my phone after filling the small Nokia torchlight phone with spittle. Once I give him that one he will get angry and start protesting. My key rings, DSTV remote are always hidden else you will just notice the channel changes suddenly. Kitchen door is always locked,forget at your own risk and bathroom entrance is often blocked.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Explorers(m): 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
forzarush:
Until now I used to think it was a peculiar challenge. My baby just cracked the screen of my phone after filling the small Nokia torchlight phone with spittle. Once I give him that one he will get angry and start protesting. My key rings, DSTV remote are always hidden else you will just notice the channel changes suddenly. Kitchen door is always locked,forget at your own risk and bathroom entrance is often blocked.

grin

1 Like

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by clerkent(m): 1:09pm On Dec 23, 2018
My sister ten months old son can break anything breakable.they have move there glass centre table and lock it up.two of her andriod have spoiled already because of spit.the boy can play from morning til night.if you refuse to play with him thats when cry comes in.i love children there free mind is what i admire most.

3 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by hahn(m): 2:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
nwanyiugbo122:

I swear buying toys for babies is a waste of time and money. My son plays with everything except his toys

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by LadySarah: 2:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
We found our dstv remote and that of the tv at the booth of his toy car while we were packing things into the car for trsvelling.

I don't know how my husband would have coped without them cos we stayed 7 mths away from home.

Since then they are hung on the TV ,hung high up on the wall.Climb and hear cane on your buttocks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by chijioke17(m): 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
My niece when she just started walking. Once someone comes visiting and your phone rings, she'll take a hard look at you and your phone. Once you plug the phone and it rings she will bring it directly to you. Woe betide you if it's not your phone and you want to collect it from her or pick it up in her presence. Una go fight and she go report you to the owner

12 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by nwanyiugbo122(f): 2:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
hahn:

I swear buying toys for babies is a waste of time and money. My son plays with everything except his toys
No need,I have quit buying anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by galadima77(m): 2:25pm On Dec 23, 2018
Just try not to turn ur back on them. I have triplets that are almost a year old...just imagine sitting before all 3 when they're in the spirit to play. If you even remove batteries from remote and hand it to them, one of them gets pissed.

One now knows she has to lift the bottom of the cup to drink its contents...but wouldn't check if there's anything in it.

The list is endless

And one can bite anyone when she's upset

They're amazing to be around wether mine or others'

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by CAPSLOCKED: 3:34pm On Dec 23, 2018
hahn:

HAHAHA

1 Like

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Halcyon123(f): 4:04pm On Dec 23, 2018
Me I can't shout!If u have a boy,abeg how market?How the shouting?I don't knw when mine will outgrown all what he is into now! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Knowing Your Ovulation Day...... Safe And Fertile Period / .. / The Manipulated Man - A Book By Esther Vilar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.