Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) (9770 Views)

What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? / Bitter Kola For Babies / Nigerian Man Drops Bundles Of 100 Dollar Bills For His Child To Play With.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:54pm On Dec 23, 2018
Halcyon123:
Me I can't shout!If u have a boy,abeg how market?How the shouting?I don't knw when mine will outgrown all what he is into now! grin

Maybe when he's 4/5 sa.
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Halcyon123(f): 5:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
That far?We are just 20mnths old fa cry
Explorers:

Maybe when he's 4/5 sa.
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:32pm On Dec 23, 2018
Halcyon123:
That far?We are just 20mnths old fa cry

Dey there, you no know anything.

Beating or scolding them now is like torture cos they know not what they do.
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Halcyon123(f): 5:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
cry,waste of time sef
Explorers:

Dey there, you no know anything.

Beating or scolding them now is like torture cos they know not what they do.
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Pearl05(f): 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2018
That knowing whose phone it was just from the ringing tone is amazing. My little nephew will start dragging you saying phone phone phone just by hearing the ring tone.

2 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by franklingud(m): 6:42pm On Dec 23, 2018
Taking care of kids is not an easy work at all.

They need proper attention 24/7.
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
reading comments here alone gives me joy, I have a beautiful babygirl....am a proud dad,5months and counting.....I love kids

13 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Bloomingbud(f): 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2018
Izuogu1:
twins I guess? Congratulations.. I love kids like mad.. Can't wait to have mine

Yes sir, they are twin.
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by RTSC: 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2018
The sons are more troublesome.

1 Like

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by mank1234(m): 7:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
My saving grace is phone with infrared blaster.

Rather than give them toys, give them a rugged tab with connectivity, and YouTube for kids. It's better than wasting money on toys that they'll never use after few days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2018
embarassed All these comments be doing me somehow.
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by greatgod2012(f): 8:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
Memories! I can't stop laughing! You people are reminding me of memorable days! Kids are adorable, very inquisitive. very curious and always active, except when they're sleeping. Don't worry, y'all wondering when they'd outgrow these traits, just relax, it's just a phase, they'd soon outgrow the phase. For me now, it's just lovely memories and I pray that every parents will have lovely memories about their kids in Jesus name.

6 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Dumas32(m): 10:29pm On Dec 23, 2018
Bloomingbud:
Presently we don't have touch lights in my house again because my children derive pleasure in breaking them,

kitchen is their favourite spot, we shout from morning till night so they don't eat dirty shoes,
they fight over every single item they are playing with including my purse, handbag and even empty drink can
Phew
They are just 10 months old.
Pls kitchen should be a no no for kids, it can cause more harm than good.
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by jeph19(m): 6:35am On Dec 24, 2018
Shibaraba:
I've got boys

First one loves the Benz so much he literally slept in it. Once o saw him doing zoom zoom on his sleep. I fear

The second as I speak my Christmas tree is condemned. Christmas lights broken. Remote not working. Upon babyproofing. All my sandals under my chairs. Books are snacks. Leave your phone for 2 seconds meet it in the toilet.

He is just 7 months

All this are the joy I want to experience... My bro's marriage will be 5yrs next year... I just hope the kids start coming

1 Like

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by jeph19(m): 6:37am On Dec 24, 2018
NoToPile:
Lool he wants all the techy gadgets to play with and then is attracted to the following too

Remotes
Phones
Decoder
Stabilizer
Extension
Christmas light( he traced the lights to where we plugged it)
Infact anything thats bling bling or brings out light
Anything Paper

So I decided to give him one old spoilt chinko phone to slam on the ground as he desires, the lil dude later figured that it doesn't bring out light on the screen like ours so it doesnt catch his fancy again grin grin grin

Children of these days ehn

Bros you've got an engineering - kid... Can't stop laughing...

2 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by jeph19(m): 6:38am On Dec 24, 2018
Bloomingbud:
Presently we don't have touch lights in my house again because my children derive pleasure in breaking them,

kitchen is their favourite spot, we shout from morning till night so they don't eat dirty shoes,
they fight over every single item they are playing with including my purse, handbag and even empty drink can

Phew

Twins?.... Cute
They are just 10 months old.
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by jeph19(m): 6:42am On Dec 24, 2018
galadima77:
Just try not to turn ur back on them. I have triplets that are almost a year old...just imagine sitting before all 3 when they're in the spirit to play. If you even remove batteries from remote and hand it to them, one of them gets pissed.

One now knows she has to lift the bottom of the cup to drink its contents...but wouldn't check if there's anything in it.

The list is endless
Triplets... I like get this one oo
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Pearl05(f): 7:00am On Dec 24, 2018
Since these Bebe's and dudes are photocopiers, may be you should start holding more of their toys than the phones ,keys, Laptop, remotes etc. They too will start dragging the toys with you.
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by kevoh(m): 7:23am On Dec 24, 2018
Lol... grin Experience the same with my two kids. Can hardly full 7 hours sleep cos of them, if you are not waking up to give one water, you are being woken by 3a.m by my son to put on the TV and if there's no light he commands you to put on the gen.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 24, 2018
jeph19:

All this are the joy I want to experience... My bro's marriage will be 5yrs next year... I just hope the kids start coming
They will come. I'm sure. Just ask them to calm down.

1 Like

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Qtsnow(m): 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2018
Explorers:
The moment they start crawling, that area where you have your TV set, portable shelf, decorder, Home thearer and speaker is their first target.

Use anything to block that side, these babies will find a way to climb or crawl through.

They love:

So true.

Including Wallet, and new shoes

Key/Car keys
Phones.
Charger.
Remote contols.
Dstv Decoder
Extension boxes.
Wire.
Home theater speakers.
Standing fan
Table photo frames.
Centre table Decors
Books/Naira notes
Brooms/Parker

Only God knows what attracts them to those devices/stuffs.

Share your experience...

Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Ranchhoddas: 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2018
GOFRONT:
cool

Everywhere I go, babies are attracted to me even if I'm a stranger.......I never know why
Read about auras. It could be that yours is visible to them.
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Nimi22(f): 7:34pm On Dec 24, 2018
My baby is just 14 months and his gists are almost endless.
I searched for my key for one whole week in that house, he was playing with it and the next minute it disappeared. After a week we found it lying around on the floor somewhere he must have brought it out again I'm still wondering which part of the house i didn't search.

Throughout last week if we want to eat we have to look for spoons and forks from under chairs and cupboards till I removed the plate rack from the floor.

I always dread nepa taking light cos my son makes sure our torch light doesn't last more than a week he derives joy in smashing it to the floor.

Once he sees you not watching he opens the shelf and brings out all the content.

He collects my phone and gives it back to me to play his favourite rhymes or we start a crying episode.

So many countless events.
Did I mention he loves books and he will pretend he's reading with full concentration flipping from page to page.

9 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by okwabayi(m): 9:39pm On Dec 24, 2018
I think the reason they play with those items is because they are emulating you, the parent. You look at the TV daily, change channels on the decoder, carry and drop car keys as well as mobile phones. To them it automatically means those things are fun.
Try playing more with their toys, I believe they’ll start focusing on those then.

1 Like

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by forzarush(f): 11:27pm On Dec 24, 2018
okwabayi:
I think the reason they play with those items is because they are emulating you, the parent. You look at the TV daily, change channels on the decoder, carry and drop car keys as well as mobile phones. To them it automatically means those things are fun.
Try playing more with their toys, I believe they’ll start focusing on those then.
Yinmu, these kids are intelligent! They'll play along till you get tired or leave you to the toys and find what catches their fancy. My son that acts like an old man!
My elderly neighbor was telling him earlier this evening when we went to get bread in Yoruba " tell your father when he comes back that he should send my Christmas gift o!" and my 16 month old gave her his bread and when she said "thank you" he started waving and telling her bye bye!

2 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by obitryce(m): 12:42am On Dec 25, 2018
Reading these writeups reminds me of my son, he's 1yr +5months and quite a handful. We only have peace when he's asleep. Loves cars a lot,takes over the steering wheel once he's in the car and keeps switching the sockets around the house off/on. Runs to the windows/door whenever he hears the sound of a car. Also an early riser (always awake by 6am) and wakes u up with a heavy slap if u ain't awake lol!. Always fighting for our phones each time it rings. Wifey is currently heavy with child and i feel for her most times when she complains about my son being too active for her to keep up. Truth be told it's fun but also stressful..

2 Likes

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by jeph19(m): 3:01am On Dec 25, 2018
Shibaraba:

They will come. I'm sure. Just ask them to calm down.
Thanks it would be great to see his kids come 2019
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by ovalrose(f): 3:08am On Dec 25, 2018
My son is nine months old and wallahi, his energy is unstoppable. He can navigate any obstacle you use to block his path to anything you don't want him to touch. And he crawls so fast, you'd think he was competing for a medal or something. Phones, chargers, esp paper and slippers are his fave chew toys. One day he nearly put me in trouble when he grabbed someone's original certificate from Babcock university while I was trying to photocopy it. Hieee! I called Jesus and the twenty four angels to help me wrench it from his grasp without doing any damage. Ah swear eh...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Ishilove: 10:31am On Dec 25, 2018
Challenges peculiar to this era.

We didn't have phones growing up so the only thing we ever played with are car keys and our toys. I didn't even have fancy toys. What I had were those rigid rubber dolls that look like idols grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by GavelSlam: 10:44am On Dec 25, 2018
GOFRONT:
cool

Everywhere I go, babies are attracted to me even if I'm a stranger.......I never know why

Same as me.
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 25, 2018
God bless babies and their parents everywhere.
Re: Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) by Divay22(f): 5:02pm On Dec 25, 2018
GOFRONT:
cool

Same with me.
I just can't help but play with them even if i don't want to cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

.. / Knowing Your Ovulation Day...... Safe And Fertile Period / An Arranged Marriage: Is It Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.