Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,237 members, 7,957,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:33 PM

Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! (10932 Views)

Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award / Messi, Mbappe, Other Nominees For Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award / If I Hadn’t Married A Sportsman, My Marriage Would Be A Disaster – Mary Onyali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
dopeJemi:

I pray oh, he has just 8 in his entire Chelsea career, and 4 of those 8 are penalties
8 champions league goals in his whole Chelsea career.....no wonder Madrid fans dey constantly vote say them no want the guy.

How you go spend £200m for person wey don score just 8 champions league goals for him whole career?

No be 419 be that?

1 Like

Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
Period007:

Firmino + mane +salah = 0 Trophies
Hazard = Ligue 1,cup d France, Premiere league (2),FA cup,League cup,Europa League,world cup silver boy,world cup bronze medalist
I expected one Chelsea fan to expose his ignorance.

Now, giroud won the world cup and fa cup. Harry Kane won nothing....who is the better striker?

Chelsea won all these trophies? Will all the players use axe and divide the trophies and take their parts home?

Listen boy, individual awards are more important to players than trophies..... Harry Kane will not trade his world cup golden boot for any trophy. Salah won over 30 individual awards last season. In the next 20 years, the awards will be in his house. But will the FA cup be in hazards house next year? No...why because they belong to the club....and nor hazard.

So, little man, next time you compare players, you don't compare them with trophies but individual performances....mbappe won 5 trophies last season. Does it make him better than hazard?

Receive wisdom and education today.
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Airhuncho(m): 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2018
ceejayMAX:
Premier league GOAT
Which yeye GOAT?
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Airhuncho(m): 6:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
bonechamberlain:
No lukakau, in top 5, useless and biased list

How will a bag of stones be in a list
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2018
stevenson007:

AS YOU NO GET SENSE!

OPEN TH DOOR FOR ME I WILL GIVE YOU!
I gave stats/facts. you gave insults. Me and you, who get sense?

Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by RTSC: 6:53pm On Dec 23, 2018
highcollide:
8 champions league goals in his whole Chelsea career.....no wonder Madrid fans dey constantly vote say them no want the guy.

How you go spend £200m for person wey don score just 8 champions league goals for him whole career?

No be 419 be that?
How many times have Chelsea being in the champions league since his arrival,?

You cannot score goals in a competition you have not being stable in.

1 Like

Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 23, 2018
RTSC:

How many times have Chelsea being in the champions league since his arrival,?

You cannot score goals in a competition you have not being stable in.
Good, so how can you call hazard the world best when he doesn't even play in the biggest club competition?
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Ubdavis(m): 6:55pm On Dec 23, 2018
Who else
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by RTSC: 7:00pm On Dec 23, 2018
highcollide:
Good, so how can you call hazard the world best when he doesn't even play in the biggest club competition?
He plays in the biggest league, he played at the World Cup.

He has consistently proven his class.

1 Like

Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
RTSC:

He plays in the biggest league, he played at the World Cup.

He has consistently proven his class.
proven what class? His stats are very poor? Hazard has never scored over 17 league goals in one full season.....Suarez scored more than 30, salah scored more than 30, Kane scored more than 30, neymare scored more than 30... Asides the dribbles, How is hazard class?
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Bobinovic: 7:36pm On Dec 23, 2018
highcollide:
Good. Following your logic, sterling, mbappe and sane who won more trophies than hazard are all better than hazard.
Are these two sets of names the same thing firmino, mane, salah and sane, mbappe, sterling.
Help yourself!
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Period007(m): 8:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
highcollide:

Now, giroud won the world cup and fa cup. Harry Kane won nothing....who is the better striker?

Chelsea won all these trophies? Will all the players use axe and divide the trophies and take their parts home?

Listen boy, individual awards are more important to players than trophies..... Harry Kane will not trade his world cup golden boot for any trophy. Salah won over 30 individual awards last season. In the next 20 years, the awards will be in his house. But will the FA cup be in hazards house next year? No...why because they belong to the club....and nor hazard.

So, little man, next time you compare players, you don't compare them with trophies but individual performances....mbappe won 5 trophies last season. Does it make him better than hazard?

Wait boy are u saying firmino + mane + salah has won more individual award than hazard.

1 Like

Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by jelel6: 8:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
highcollide:

I'd love you to educate us. Give us reasons why you think any of those players is better than Hazard!
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by jelel6: 8:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
highcollide:
proven what class? His stats are very poor? Hazard has never scored over 17 league goals in one full season.....Suarez scored more than 30, salah scored more than 30, Kane scored more than 30, neymare scored more than 30... Asides the dribbles, How is hazard class?

According to this guy, Lampard is a better player than zidane because he scored more career goals. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Witlee(m): 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2018
highcollide:

Hahahaha individual award ko, stop being biased in your statements, so a soldier can kill as much as possible in the battlefield even if he doesn't win the war? He is a dumbass if he doesn't win the war with the killings of so many enemies, in other word, what do they stand to gain if they don't win trophies if only they can just score goals
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Witlee(m): 8:36pm On Dec 23, 2018
Period007:

Wait boy are u saying firmino + mane + salah has won more individual award than hazard.

The guy is just wack, confusing himself
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Witlee(m): 8:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
highcollide:
who's talking about trophies here? Receive wisdom today.

Lol, Liverpool fan of klopp days, so pointless
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2018
jelel6:

According to this guy, Lampard is a better player than zidane because he scored more career goals. grin grin grin
They're both midfielders and not attackers.....receive wisdom.
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
Witlee:

Hahahaha individual award ko, stop being biased in your statements, so a soldier can kill as much as possible in the battlefield even if he doesn't win the war? He is a dumbass if he doesn't win the war with the killings of so many enemies, in other word, what do they stand to gain if they don't win trophies if only they can just score goals
you didn't answer my question. Let's try again. Is giroud better than Kane because he won trophies and Kane didn't? Answer the question like an educated person.
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
Period007:

no, I'm saying hazard is overrated because he has poor stats for an attacker.
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
Bobinovic:

Are these two sets of names the same thing firmino, mane, salah and sane, mbappe, sterling.
Help yourself!
Good. Keep running away from the argument.
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 23, 2018
Witlee:

Lol, Liverpool fan of klopp days, so pointless
little boy, I've been a Liverpool fan since 2004. I'm sure you were busy bathing under the rain by that time.
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
jelel6:

I'd love you to educate us. Give us reasons why you think any of those players is better than Hazard!
There's nothing to prove. Hazard is a good player but as rated as you Chelsea fans claim. Griezmann, neymar, Sanchez all have had better career and have won more trophies than him.

Last year alone, mbappe won 4 club trophies and the world cup. If you claim hazard is better than salah because salah didn't win any trophy, even though FIFA ranked salah ahead of hazard, then we can claim mbappe is better than hazard because he won more trophies.

You Chelsea fans should watch other leagues. You stick to only your match and make noise....
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by jelel6: 9:39pm On Dec 23, 2018
highcollide:
There's nothing to prove. Hazard is a good player but as rated as you Chelsea fans claim. Griezmann, neymar, Sanchez all have had better career and have won more trophies than him.

Last year alone, mbappe won 4 club trophies and the world cup. If you claim hazard is better than salah because salah didn't win any trophy, even though FIFA ranked salah ahead of hazard, then we can claim mbappe is better than hazard because he won more trophies.

You Chelsea fans should watch other leagues. You stick to only your match and make noise....

I gave you the opportunity to explain how all THESE players are better footballers than Hazard and yet, you choose to be on the defensive!

Forget about what other people had said already. WHAT QUALITIES MAKE THEM BETTER THAN HAZARD IN YOUR OPINION! That's only how we can focus on the issues I think.
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by jelel6: 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2018
highcollide:
They're both midfielders and not attackers.....receive wisdom.

That's all you have to say? That they are both midfielders! And you think I don't know they're both midfielders.

So comparing players with goals scored only as you have been doing is only valid when they are attackers abi? Since goals is so important, why can't we say Lampard is a better player than zidane? What's unfavorable about such comparison because it seems fair to me. Afterall, Lampard and Zidane are both midfielders.
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by RTSC: 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2018
highcollide:
Stats are not everything.

If that were not the case, players like modric, Iniesta, xavi would not exist.
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by jelel6: 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
RTSC:

Help me tell that guy. I've been trying to bait him to venture into another of those stats and let's see if any of those players would still compare to Hazard.
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Witlee(m): 10:57pm On Dec 23, 2018
highcollide:
you didn't answer my question. Let's try again. Is giroud better than Kane because he won trophies and Kane didn't? Answer the question like an educated person.

I asked you one and you didn't reply, is lampard better than Zidane because he had more goals?
Your facts are baseless
Your so called coutinho, mane and Salah hasn't had individual awards than hazard, think Mr educated person, everyone is an illiterate. Btw you go school at all?
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 24, 2018
Witlee:

I asked you one and you didn't reply, is lampard better than Zidane because he had more goals?
Your facts are baseless
Your so called coutinho, mane and Salah hasn't had individual awards than hazard, think Mr educated person, everyone is an illiterate. Btw you go school at all?
what is the primary work of a midfielder? And what is the primary work of an attacker?

When you compare midfielders, there are certain criterias used dribbles, completed passes, key passes, interceptions, chance creations, blocks, tackles etc....same way they have criterias to compare defenders I.e clean sheets, tackles etc....

Hazard is an attacker....you make comparison for attackers on contributions towards goals. Either by goals scoring or assists or chance creation.

Now tell me, which of these criterias does hazard possess so much?

Remove sentiments and Be truthful to yourself.
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 24, 2018
RTSC:

modric has won the champions league 3 times in a row and got to the final in the world cup. Xavi and iniesta had a season that is better than hazards full career under guardiola. They perform and have good stats in the champions league.....hazard doesnt play in the champions league. hazard is overrated by you Chelsea fans....
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 24, 2018
jelel6:

I gave you the opportunity to explain how all THESE players are better footballers than Hazard and yet, you choose to be on the defensive!

Forget about what other people had said already. WHAT QUALITIES MAKE THEM BETTER THAN HAZARD IN YOUR OPINION! That's only how we can focus on the issues I think.
Griezmann, Sanchez,suarez and mbappe all have better stats and trophies than hazard. On what ground is hazard the best?

So they should leave Kane and salah who broke goalscoring records and give hazard awards? You Chelsea fans are sick....
Re: Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 24, 2018
jelel6:

That's all you have to say? That they are both midfielders! And you think I don't know they're both midfielders.

So comparing players with goals scored only as you have been doing is only valid when they are attackers abi? Since goals is so important, why can't we say Lampard is a better player than zidane? What's unfavorable about such comparison because it seems fair to me. Afterall, Lampard and Zidane are both midfielders.
how many times must I educate you? Because Cahill is a goal scoring defender, does it make him better than rudiger? There are criterias for positions....The primary work of a midfielder is not to score goals....The primary work of the attacker is to score, assist or create chances....hazard doesn't score, hazard just started making assists and creating chances....

The sad thing is, he's already 28....his career will be over by 30.... He's 28 without a single uefa or FIFA award....

Whereas salah won the puskas award this month... cheesy

Madrid fans voted for a replacement for ronaldo, nobody voted hazard.....hazard can only dream of Madrid. But they'll never bid for him.

8 champions league goals in his full career? Tufia....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

John Ogu Recounts His Mother's Health Challenges (Photos) / Mali Vs Burkina Faso, AFCON Round Of 16 (2 - 1) On 30th January 2024 / Enugu Government Allocates Plots Of Land To Rangers Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.