Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

How I Almost Consumed A Bottle Of Beer Containing Strange Particles - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Almost Consumed A Bottle Of Beer Containing Strange Particles (479 Views)

Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed / How People Are Containing The Spread Of Coronavirus Around The World (Photos) / What Causes White Particles To Float In Urine Of A Male? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Almost Consumed A Bottle Of Beer Containing Strange Particles by aylipple: 3:26pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hello NLers & compliments of the season.

I am not sure if this should fall under the food or health section but considering the inherent dangers, I chose the latter with the belief that if in the inappropriate section, the Mods can help do the needful.

So, some few hours ago, I went to SPAR at Wuse 2, Abuja to get some few things for Christmas, among them, bottles of Star lager beer.

Soon as I got home and began to unpack, I noticed something unusual about one of the bottles: its content was discoloured and quite a number of particles were swimming inside.

Shocked, I quickly checked the cork to see if it was intact, it was. So was the seal around the cork/neck area of the bottle.

I checked the other bottles to be sure, the difference was clear, indicating this particular bottle had been contaminated most likely during production.

This season of eating, drinking & giving, we should be extremely cautious and inspect whatever goes into our mouths (expiry date, NAFDAC number, contents, etc).

I hope Nigerian Breweries - makers of Star - and management of SPAR look into this with a view to preventing a reoccurrence.
Re: How I Almost Consumed A Bottle Of Beer Containing Strange Particles by aylipple: 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2018
The "contaminated" bottle

Re: How I Almost Consumed A Bottle Of Beer Containing Strange Particles by aylipple: 3:35pm On Dec 23, 2018
The uncontaminated bottle

Re: How I Almost Consumed A Bottle Of Beer Containing Strange Particles by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2018
I drink Guinness. I am not privileged to observe the inside of my bottle and to be honest, I don't really care.

Maybe the staff at NB were having a laugh and mixed your beer with weed. What you drank is monkeytail but with beer grin grin grin
Re: How I Almost Consumed A Bottle Of Beer Containing Strange Particles by FlutterDollar99(m): 3:47pm On Dec 23, 2018
17:59 is the code ... If not, you are not drinking right.
Re: How I Almost Consumed A Bottle Of Beer Containing Strange Particles by GOFRONT(m): 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2018
Chaii....That is why I drink Guiness Africa Special......
Re: How I Almost Consumed A Bottle Of Beer Containing Strange Particles by dominique(f): 5:10pm On Dec 24, 2018
Is the bottle sealed? Why not show us full length photos of the bottles so we can be sure that it has not been tampered with be for taking the photos?
Re: How I Almost Consumed A Bottle Of Beer Containing Strange Particles by JasonScoolari: 5:32pm On Dec 24, 2018
Real men take Heineken. She's always at your service.

(1) (Reply)

Causes Of Low Libido In Men And Women / Health Benefits Of 9 Foods To Their Look-alike Body Parts / Beware!!! These Symptoms Could Mean You Are Infertile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.