Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,900 members, 7,810,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Glo Wont Just Connect With Unlocked Mtn Huwaei Usb Modem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Glo Wont Just Connect With Unlocked Mtn Huwaei Usb Modem (1963 Views)

Setting Up Pc To Pc Lan And Sharing A Usb Modem Internet Services In The Network / Help!! My Laptop Screen Wont Just Display.. / Glo Wont Connect On My unlocked Mtn Universal Modem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Wont Just Connect With Unlocked Mtn Huwaei Usb Modem by okgerald(m): 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2010
Please i am having a little problem with my huwaei usb modem. I have a mtn usb modem that is already unlocked. I am trying to use it with a glo sim but it wont just connect. I just bought the sim and have subscribed to one of the glo data plan. Any solution to this? undecided
Re: Glo Wont Just Connect With Unlocked Mtn Huwaei Usb Modem by okgerald(m): 1:55am On Aug 06, 2010
Any help on here
Re: Glo Wont Just Connect With Unlocked Mtn Huwaei Usb Modem by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:22am On Aug 06, 2010
i used to think that too, now i know better

make sure ur sim has been activated for 3g by glo. subscribing alone wont do.

then get the proper settings. u can try this to test

APN: glosecure

user:gprs
password gprs

dial no: *99#

mine now works!!!

note gloflat must be activated for u to use it!!!
Re: Glo Wont Just Connect With Unlocked Mtn Huwaei Usb Modem by okgerald(m): 7:58pm On Aug 06, 2010
Must i get to glo office for the sim to be activated for 3g? My pgone usually displays 3g on my phone but it wont just browse.
Re: Glo Wont Just Connect With Unlocked Mtn Huwaei Usb Modem by olamathins(m): 8:27pm On Aug 06, 2010
send sms containing the word
'activate' to 444 on both glo pre-paid and post paid line.
Note
1.your phone must support 3g
2.remember you sim must be provision for it before it works(don't tell your line is already provision for gprs).enjoy
Re: Glo Wont Just Connect With Unlocked Mtn Huwaei Usb Modem by leopantron: 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2010
i have the same problem. i have unlocked my mtn modem and can use a zain and mtn line on it but the glo would refuse to connect. the funny thing is, if i put the glo line into a phone i can connect to the pc and browse but with the modem it would refuse to connect.
Re: Glo Wont Just Connect With Unlocked Mtn Huwaei Usb Modem by question(m): 12:12am On Aug 13, 2010
olamathins:

send sms containing the word
'activate' to 444 on both glo pre-paid and post paid line.
Note
1.your phone must support 3g
2.remember you sim must be provision for it before it works(don't tell your line is already provision for gprs).enjoy

3 questions pls
1. Do you mean the sim card will still have to be configured in their office even after you have sent the 'activate' sms?
2. What is the code for the ALWAYS min, package plan.
3. From experience, what is the performance of the glo high speed internet compared to other networks you have used.
Re: Glo Wont Just Connect With Unlocked Mtn Huwaei Usb Modem by bode4real(m): 11:56am On Aug 13, 2010
ok.gerald:

Please i am having a little problem with my huwaei usb modem. I have a mtn usb modem that is already unlocked. I am trying to use it with a glo sim but it wont just connect. I just bought the sim and have subscribed to one of the glo data plan. Any solution to this? undecided

I always advice pple to purchase glo modem with sim, then go ahead and unlock it for other network. Reason is that Glo only provision the sim they sold with ther modem for modem connectivity, any other Glo sim will not connect with modem except the one they gave you wen u buy ther modem.
One of the solution is to borrow a Glo modem and poss it as ur own at glo center dat u've lost ur sim, they will provision another sim for you.
done dis for someone b4 and it works

(1) (Reply)

Need Help Building A Gaming Pc / Top 10 Best Free Data Recovery Software Of 2016 / HELP: Numbers On My Laptop Keyboard Not Responding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.