Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,856 members, 7,813,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. (1379 Views)

"Go To Court": Rowdiness As Yari, Akpabio Slug It Out / Buhari's Candidates Will Slug It Out: Fayemi Rejects Consensus Candidates / PDP Chose Kabiru Turaki To Slug It Out With Buhari - See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by PStacks(m): 9:26pm On Dec 23, 2018
This is the latest article I published on my website.
Please lets be as objective as possible and avoid all bias.

Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug it out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees.
By OMA | 23-12-2018 | Politics |

Between Igbo and Yoruba Presidency In 2023
igbo yoruba
Being very objective and not wanting to take sides, I will pose the question to you all my teaming readers.

Who truly deserves 2023 Presidency? Igbos or Yorubas?

Who will the Hausa's give their suppourt?

I pose this question for several reasons.

One is that, Rochas okorocha the Owelle of Igbo land has vowed no one can stop him to contest Nigeria Presidency come 2023.

For a long time now 2023 has been seeming and looking exclusively the birth right of the Igbos going by the Principle of Rotation. Afterall Obasanjo was Yoruba (South West). Late Yar'adua was Northern extraction, Goodluck Jonathan was Ijaw, Minority South-South, Then the Sitting President His Excellency, Muhammadu Buhari another Northerner seen in some quota as competing Yar'aduas tenure.

From all indices, 2023 seems to be the turn for the South East and Igbo man, But how can an Igbo man that wants Biafra still seek at the same time to be President of Nigeria "(Zoo)" in Maazi Nnamdi Kanu's Language.

You can not want Biafra and want Nigeria at the same time. It is like wanting to have your cake after eating it.

Atiku Abubakar the PDP presidential aspirant has at several times dangled the 2023 carrot at the igbos should they support his 2019 bid for presidency, but the big question is this, can Atiku be trusted to go only for one term.

Which Politician doesnt want a 2nd term, after all Obasanjo even wanted a 3rd term.

Why are the Igbos being ridiculed all in the name of 2023.

The latest Bomb however is coming from no other person but the incumbent vice president, Pastor Professor (SAN) Yemi Osinbajo.

Professor Yemi Osinbajo was reported to have visited the Aalafin of Oyo and during his visit to the Great Oyo Empire, it is reported the Vice President went tribal by asking the Yoruba's to vote APC in the February 2019 upcoming general elections if the Yorubas stand a chance to come back 2023.

Believe you me. This is the first time I am hearing of possibility of a yoruba presidency In 2023 but what can I say.. this is Nigeria. Nothing stops a credible Yoruba man from assuming the number 1 seat of the land come 2023 especially when it is not against the constitution.

The big question for 2023 is this,

Who will the Hausa's Support.

All I am trying to say is this. Igbo's keep crying of marginalisation but all I see is igbo's maginalising igbos.

If you dont vote for Buhari, dont expect Buhari to work wonders in Igbo land and dont expect Buhari to hand over power to Igbos in 2023.

Major Federal highways are being constructed in igbo land under this administration of his excellency Muhammadu Ogbuagu Buhari.

2nd Niger Bridge has been made a piority under this same adminiatration and yet igbo people wants Buhari to bend over backwards to please them before they give him a single vote from igbo land and yet igbos want 2023.

Who is playing who.

Igbos are playing themselves.

Osinbajo just brought another perspective and dimension to the game and it makes it all the more interesting.

Yoruba for 2023..

Better still.. Osinbajo for 2023.

Igbo people can learn politics from Hausa and yoruba, face Biafra or take the back sit.

Abidemi Martins writing as a concerned Nigeria from Abuja.

https://www.omascope.com/politics/igbos-vs-yoruba-slug-out-2019-elections-hausa-referees

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by abdulazeez1002(m): 9:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
Flat heads Vs skull miners grin
Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by PStacks(m): 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2018
abdulazeez1002:

too early in the day for jabs na.. grin grin
Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2018
PStacks:

Igbo people can learn politics from Hausa and yoruba, face Biafra or take the back sit.
Nigger-Area politics of economic recession, boko-haram and dullardism grin grin grin

cc lzaa velocity25 imperialyoruba roger3d justiceleague1

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
Mind you. Igbos are not tribalists. Igbos are not talking about 2023, but 2019. They want Buhari gone. They want Nigerians to live well. If Yorubas are focused in 2023, please count the Igbos out of it. Igbos are not wicked, and therefore cannot be focusing on 2023 when four years in the life of a country can mean alot. Dont forget that the Apc first came to the Igbos with the bizzare offer of 2023, but the Igbos put them off. Pls in the name of God, the gracious, the merciful, i beg you not to mention the Igbos along with 2023 plans when the Igbos are focused with 2019 and the betterment of the citizens of Nigeria. If Yorubas want to play tribal politics, pls, pls and pls count the Igbos out. PDP hadnt chosen a vp when the Igbos called the bluff of APC on 2023 presidency. Pls dont link the well meaning Igbos to tribalism. I take God beg you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by PStacks(m): 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
immhotep:

Nigger-Area politics of economic recession, boko-haram and dullardism grin grin grin

cc lzaa velocity25 imperialyoruba roger3d justiceleague1

get your facts right. APC didn't bring recession upon Nigeria. wasted 16 years of PDP mis-managment brought about the economic recession.
Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
PStacks:

get your facts right. APC didn't bring recession upon Nigeria. wasted 16 years of PDP mis-managment brought about the economic recession.
This one is still blaming GEJ and PDP
Lzaa come and see grin grin

cc velocity25

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by PStacks(m): 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
Shayetet13:
Mind you. Igbos are not tribalists. Igbos are not talking about 2023, but 2019. They want Buhari gone. They want Nigerians to live well. If Yorubas are focused in 2023, please count the Igbos out of it. Igbos are not wicked, and therefore cannot be focusing on 2023 when four years in the life of a country can mean alot. Dont forget that the Apc first came to the Igbos with the bizzare offer of 2023, but the Igbos put them off. Pls in the name of God, the gracious, the merciful, i beg you not to mention the Igbos along with 2023 plans when the Igbos are focused with 2019 and the betterment of the citizens of Nigeria. If Yorubas want to play tribal politics, pls, pls and pls count the Igbos out

dont tell me you didn't hear Peter Obi asked igbo people to vote Atiku as the shortest way to igbo presidency come 2023 and people kept asking if Atiku would keep his word of doing only just one term.

are u in this country at all?.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by Pigsandidiots: 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
abdulazeez1002:
You made mistake.

Flesh miners vs Skull miners

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
PStacks:

dont tell me you didn't hear Peter Obi asked igbo people to vote Atiku as the shortest way to igbo presidency come 2023 and people kept asking if Atiku would keep his word of doing only just one term.

are u in this country at all?.

Verifiable link pls. Link to when Obi said such

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by Pigsandidiots: 10:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
Shayetet13:
Mind you. Igbos are not tribalists. Igbos are not talking about 2023, but 2019. They want Buhari gone. They want Nigerians to live well. If Yorubas are focused in 2023, please count the Igbos out of it. Igbos are not wicked, and therefore cannot be focusing on 2023 when four years in the life of a country can mean alot. Dont forget that the Apc first came to the Igbos with the bizzare offer of 2023, but the Igbos put them off. Pls in the name of God, the gracious, the merciful, i beg you not to mention the Igbos along with 2023 plans when the Igbos are focused with 2019 and the betterment of the citizens of Nigeria. If Yorubas want to play tribal politics, pls, pls and pls count the Igbos out. PDP hadnt chosen a vp when the Igbos called the bluff of APC on 2023 presidency. Pls dont link the well meaning Igbos to tribalism. I take God beg you
Lier, igbo are not tribalist but want to vote atiku cos of obi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by PStacks(m): 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
Shayetet13:

Verifiable link pls. Link to when Obi said such

I am not a political library or a political encyclopedia but I am dead sure it was a selling point peter Obi used to market Atiku to igbo people.

I will dig the link out soonest anyway
Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by PStacks(m): 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
Pigsandidiots:

help me out oo abeg broda.

after all Atiku and Buhari are both Northerners of Fulani extraction, so why the sudden choice of Atiku over Buhari.

Atiku secured US visa but still wont travel. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
Pigsandidiots:

You are the one lying to yourself. If you are truthful, you will know that both Atiku and Obi hadnt been pdp candidates when the apc approached the Igbos for 2023 presidency. Igbos said no... The igbos decision to vote out the non working Buhari government have reminded constant for almost 2 years now. Thats long before both Atiku and Obi became pdp candidates. Be advised

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
PStacks:

I am not a political library or a political encyclopedia but I am dead sure it was a selling point peter Obi used to market Atiku to igbo people.

I will dig the link out soonest anyway

Listen up. Dont bother because you will not find such a link. Igbos made up their mind to vote out incompetent Buhari long before both Atiku and Obi emerged. Even if Atiku chose a yoruba vp, Igbos would have still voted against Buhari. Pls dont associate the good hearted Igbos to tribalism. In 2003, Igbos voted Obasanjo, a yoruba man against their own general Ojukwu. Pls look at history and judge the igbos fairly. I take God beg you, count the Igbos out of your tribalism nonsense. Na beg i dey beg

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 23, 2018
abdulazeez1002:
Can u show me any Igbo man that has flat head
You guys like screaming flat head flat head
Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 23, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
It's not true haf it been that Atiku is in APC Igbos would have voted for him or and other candidate Igbos only hate Buhari
Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by OgbueshiOKPANAM: 10:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
PStacks:

What about the capital of poverty, you need a prove too?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by PStacks(m): 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
OgbueshiOKPANAM:

What about the capital of poverty, you need a prove too?

APC didn't make Nigeria the poverty capital of the world.

and in any case it is an exaggeration and not a statement of fact.

go to somalia and see what abject poverty is.
Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2018
PStacks:

Stop comparing Nigeria and Somalia

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
PStacks:

This boy, you have a way of distorting history. People like you are very dangerous. They usually have no principle and conscience and can do very bad things

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/with-87m-poor-citizens-nigeria-overtakes-india-as-worlds-poverty-capital/amp/

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/qz.com/africa/1313380/nigerias-has-the-highest-rate-of-extreme-poverty-globally/amp/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by deomelo: 10:54pm On Dec 23, 2018

Nuff said..

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by OgbueshiOKPANAM: 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2018
PStacks:

Be deceiving yourself.
Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by yetunsbay(m): 11:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
Shayetet13:
then let's see how you outplay PMB. You think APC na mumu abi?
Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
yetunsbay:
then let's see how you outplay PMB. You think APC na mumu abi?

Cos their only strategy is the tribal card. Lets watch how many Nigerians are deceived by the tribal sentiments. Maybe you are. Am not! And so many others

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by NinjaMetahuman: 11:21pm On Dec 23, 2018
[s]
Shayetet13:
[/s]pile of senseless crap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by LZAA: 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2018
immhotep:

This one is still blaming GEJ and PDP
Lzaa come and see grin grin

cc velocity25
Na dem dem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by yetunsbay(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2018
Shayetet13:

Cos their only strategy is the tribal card. Lets watch how many Nigerians are deceived by the tribal sentiments. Maybe you are. Am not! And so many others
forget tribal sentiments or other bla bla bla.... Other party ruled for 16yrs how were they doing it? Like are they so loved & wanted by the citizens ? You will agree everyone can answer those questions.

Then inform me how APC as a party will be so dense to liquidate Federal powers just like that. Bro,we're talking 9ja politics.....if u knw u knw
Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by PStacks(m): 9:41am On Dec 24, 2018
yetunsbay:
forget tribal sentiments or other bla bla bla.... Other party ruled for 16yrs how were they doing it? Like are they so loved & wanted by the citizens ? You will agree everyone can answer those questions.

Then inform me how APC as a party will be so dense to liquidate Federal powers just like that. Bro,we're talking 9ja politics.....if u knw u knw

illuminate his dark soul.

Educate him to set him free
Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by abdulazeez1002(m): 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2018
Hizzy:

Can u show me any Igbo man that has flat head
You guys like screaming flat head flat head
grin

Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by StOla: 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2018
Each party will likely present a Southern candidate that best reflect its support base in the South.

However, Igbos have already alluded to their certain political failure if APC presents a Yoruba Southerner as presidential candidate, because truly, they know of the hate their tribe have been propagating across the country and expect to be paid in kind.

Igbos have all accepted that they cannot defeat any other southerner in a national party primary, or in a general election where another major national party boast of a Southern candidate that is not Igbo.

That is how much inferiority or self inflicted political irrelevance the Igbos have ascribed to themselves among their Southern neighbours, as it concerns national politics.

So the Igbos would rather not contest and fail, but would find a way to get a Northerner they can support to defeat their worst fear passed on from generation to generation, which is the towering shadow of the Yorubas.
Re: Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees. by nwanyionitsha: 7:27pm On Dec 24, 2018
PStacks:

help me out oo abeg broda.

after all Atiku and Buhari are both Northerners of Fulani extraction, so why the sudden choice of Atiku over Buhari.

Atiku secured US visa but still wont travel. grin
Have igbos ever vited buhari even with igbo vps ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trouble In Ogun As APM And APC Clash / Election Mayhem In Aguda Surulere, Lagos (video) / Buhari’s Victory: Obiano, Umahi & Ndigbo - Ebere Wabara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.