Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:24 PM

Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking (15105 Views)

Zenith, Access Want To Acquire Union Bank / Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria / How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by gistrepublic: 7:21am On Dec 24, 2018
First bank all the way

1 Like

Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by israelmao(m): 7:29am On Dec 24, 2018
And the winner is ZENITH BANK!

1 Like

Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by Politicowizard(m): 7:29am On Dec 24, 2018
Zenith bank does not bear that name in vein. Really zenith.

1 Like

Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by RTSC: 7:30am On Dec 24, 2018
From everything written up there, it seems zenith is the king of Nigerian banking.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by Palmerbarry: 7:31am On Dec 24, 2018
GTB
Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by arukwe123(m): 7:32am On Dec 24, 2018
No one should mention stupid First Bank. I transferred 40k from my Zenith bank to my First Bank account since 21st and till now I haven't been credited. What rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by Dollabiz: 7:39am On Dec 24, 2018
smiley
Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by Totoch: 7:45am On Dec 24, 2018
Access Bank should just remove itself already �, like wtf! A bank that relies on merging to survive..mtchew!
Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by warrior13: 7:51am On Dec 24, 2018
Access Bank is very ambitious. I respect the staff quality they have but they should be careful before they chew more than they can swallow.
Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by ehinmowo: 7:56am On Dec 24, 2018
damola1:
None of them is focused on making 9ja business grow. They are part of the problems

You hit the nail on the head. Bogus profit yet lending to SMEs is abysmal...sell forex to bureau de change in exchange for kickbacks...arbitrary charges etc.

1 Like

Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by sheyoroniyen(m): 7:58am On Dec 24, 2018
Allem:
Ecobank.
This is not my hand writing

that bank no fit jus succeed.....no b curse oo.....buh even after merging dat year Notting improve.......even if dey merge with world bank.......Notting go improve......hahahahaha
Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by ogundeleai(m): 8:05am On Dec 24, 2018
Without doubt these are best 4 front financial institutions.. If you are dealing with any bank outside the 4 you are making big risk.. The next Bank to be announced insolvent is having its name start with either u or k.... Take it as a fact

1 Like

Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by cicero(m): 8:09am On Dec 24, 2018
First bank that is stealing billions of Nairaland from customers through unsuccessful pos, atm and transfer transactions that are not reversed? First Barawo of Nigeria
Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by Realdeals(m): 8:11am On Dec 24, 2018
Banks with excessive charges
1. UBA
2. Access

Slow Transactions
1. First Bank
2. Ecobank

The battle for the crown is between GTB and Zenith

3 Likes

Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by naturefellow(m): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2018
And where has shading got Sterling Bank... ?

1 Like

Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by jinka(m): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2018
kayc0:
Access Bank should be considered.. Zenith Bank and their nonsense. . Just like MTN Extra Time. . Zenith will quietly debit you for master card maintenance shit and it accumlates eventually even if you don't have funds in your account.. on checking you acct balance you'd be mused when a message pops out...
Bal: # -145.00..

exactly,...I withdrew all my money in zenith bank but they kept on debiting me for card maintenance and SMS charges every month. I have -1,2354. imagine

1 Like

Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by DaV8King(m): 8:25am On Dec 24, 2018
Totoch:
Access Bank should just remove itself already �, like wtf! A bank that relies on merging to survive..mtchew!

More like Access relies on acquiring other banks to GROW.

Abi u didn't understand the write up?
Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by ocelot2006(m): 8:37am On Dec 24, 2018
GTB.GTB.GTB.GTB.
Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by Revolva(m): 9:26am On Dec 24, 2018
Zenith and Gtbank n across pls then uba n firstbank
Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by 989900: 9:27am On Dec 24, 2018
Top Four.
Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by chicoMX(m): 9:36am On Dec 24, 2018
Abeg Union bank nor be bank?
Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by hustler2828: 10:31am On Dec 24, 2018
Smshhhhhh!!!! Nigeria banks with their weak internet banking security. A novice carder can wreck havoc on most ( if not all) Nigeria banks debit cards.
Imagine making payments of almost $300 on a foreign website with about 3 different Nigeria banks debit card. And the payment was successful withouth a verification of any sort. No pin, no code, just the 12 digits numbers on the card and Security viola payment successful.
Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by einsteine(m): 10:39am On Dec 24, 2018
hustler2828:
Smshhhhhh!!!! Nigeria banks with their weak internet banking security. A novice carder can wreck havoc on most ( if not all) Nigeria banks debit cards.
Imagine making payments of almost $300 on a foreign website with about 3 different Nigeria banks debit card. And the payment was successful withouth a verification of any sort. No pin, no code, just the 12 digits numbers on the card and Security viola payment successful.

Foreign cards are even worse.

Besides, in Nigeria, customers are liable for such losses unlike foreign climes where it is the bank that pays when there is fraud on customer's account.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by Ugosample(m): 10:49am On Dec 24, 2018
einsteine:

Besides, in Nigeria, customers are liable for such losses unlike foreign climes where it is the bank that pays when there is fraud on customer's account.

imagine atms with no passwords undecided undecided
Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by ayubaikemba(m): 10:51am On Dec 24, 2018
zenith bank leads others follows

1 Like

Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by hustler2828: 10:58am On Dec 24, 2018
einsteine:

Foreign cards worst? I don't think I agree with you. I know what I'm saying, I've tried this cards before. Nevertheless that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. Shalom!!!!

1 Like

Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by omosefeeguaibor(f): 10:59am On Dec 24, 2018
What is access bank doing on that list?
Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by einsteine(m): 11:01am On Dec 24, 2018
hustler2828:

Foreign cards worst? I don't think I agree with you. I know what I'm saying, I've tried this cards before. Nevertheless that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. Shalom!!!!

Yes, foreign cards are worse.

The entire criminal industry of carding is built on that.

US had to wait till 2016 to move to chip and pin cards. Foreign payment processors don't use pins or OTPs. There is a reason you don't see stolen Nigerian cards sold on dark web carder sites but there are tons of American and British cards on those sites. It is much easier for crimal actors to card with those cards.
Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by MissJoy29(f): 11:07am On Dec 24, 2018
kayc0:
Access Bank should be considered.. Zenith Bank and their nonsense. . Just like MTN Extra Time. . Zenith will quietly debit you for master card maintenance shit and it accumlates eventually even if you don't have funds in your account.. on checking you acct balance you'd be mused when a message pops out...
Bal: # -145.00..
Exactly! I got -something balance message from them this morning.

The bank's standard has seriously fallen
Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by MissJoy29(f): 11:09am On Dec 24, 2018
datola:
GTBank is still the boss with cleanest books.

Others have always copied its innovations over the years. They are catching up though especially Access Bank while Zenith Bank seems to have caught up First Bank is still there claiming oldest.

Spot on! It's unarguably, the best bank in Nigeria in terms of service & innovation

2 Likes

Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by MissJoy29(f): 11:11am On Dec 24, 2018
sheyoroniyen:

that bank no fit jus succeed.....no b curse oo.....buh even after merging dat year Notting improve.......even if dey merge with world bank.......Notting go improve......hahahahaha
Lol...

The only bank that will credit your account with interest & then, you will be suprised to see your balance has reduced. It's really a magic bank.

1 Like

Re: Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking by Yeyeboy88(m): 12:50pm On Dec 24, 2018
Please a good Samaritan should help me with 5K make i just see food chop for Christmas this season of love

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

not available / Candle-making In Nigeria: Pls Guide Me With Ur Ideas / Nnamdi Okonkwo Reinstated, Resumes As Fidelity Bank MD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.