Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Life Savings Of 250k - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Life Savings Of 250k (498 Views)

Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business / Need A Loan Of #250k To Pay Back #280k By Nov. Ending / What's The Best Bank For Savings Of Business Income? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 9:20am On Dec 24, 2018
I finished my NYSC in 2016 at the age of 27yrs and since then I have been teaching in a primary school here in Ilorin with a salary of 20k hoping that one day I will see a befitting job, it's over 2yrs now without a job. I can't continue with this teaching again because it has been hell right from day one and I'm not getting any younger cos I'm 29yrs. The problem right now is that the guy I have been squatting with wants me to leave his house because he will be getting married soon . Within this 2yrs I have been teaching, I was able to save up to 250k because I engaged myself in some extra lesson after closing, sometimes I starve myself to have savings and also because I dont pay rent.
Now I'm confused about what to do, whether I should use the money for accommodation , or use the money to start a physical business (buying and selling) or use the money to acquire ICT skills ( if there will be job after the skill acquisition) or maybe I should just go for my masters
Pls nairalanders your humble brother really needs solid advice on how to go about this.

1 Like

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Oktane: 9:35am On Dec 24, 2018
You have done well for yourself so far.

I think leaving the job and your friend asking you to leave is the best thing that has happened in your life so far. This is the trigger required to refocus your abilities towards harnessing your potentials towards indescribable success.

Muster the feeling of gratitude and express same to your friend. Ask him for some time and seek guidance for your next step. I think you already have too much money. 250k is such a large amount that 5 people at your experience level could tap into it.

In your treatise you have already found the way. What you need to do now is start small and then grow steadily towards fulfillment. And trade is the way to go. Look for something to sell that gives you daily pay and keeps body and should together without you losing your capital.

I wish you success bro and will keep checking up on you. Trust me, this is only for the very best. When you look back and connect the dots you will ever be so grateful that things took this trajectory.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 9:43am On Dec 24, 2018
Oktane:
You have done well for yourself so far.

I think leaving the job and your friend asking you to leave is the best thing that has happened in your life so far. This is the trigger required to refocus your abilities towards harnessing your potentials towards indescribable success.

Muster the feeling of gratitude and express same to your friend. Ask him for some time and seek guidance for your next step. I think you already have too much money. 250k is such a large amount that 5 people at your experience level could tap into it.

In your treatise you have already found the way. What you need to do now is start small and then grow steadily towards fulfillment. And trade is the way to go. Look for something to sell that gives you daily pay and keeps body and should together without you losing your capital.

I wish you success bro and will keep checking up on you. Trust me, this is only for the very best. When you look back and connect the dots you will ever be so grateful that things took this trajectory.

thank you so much sir for your encouragement

sincerely speaking, I have never done any kind of business before. could you advice me on any kind of trade I can be able to start with.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Oktane: 10:00am On Dec 24, 2018
jinka:

thank you so much sir for your encouragement

sincerely speaking, I have never done any kind of business before. could you advice me on any kind of trade I can be able to start with.

There is always a first time for everyone.
And it isnt as complex as ity appear. Do however note that 'everything is difficult at the beginning'.

Avoid terrains you cannot understand now like online businesses. Also avoid high yielding investments as they are likely to be high risk ventures too.

Just start out small with let's say a mobile trade in daily essentials that you can deliver to retailers Nd then pick up your cash later. I suggest that you just try out what you choose with nothing more than 20% of your savings and then ascertain the viability of the business before increasing your stakes or scaling up
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 10:32am On Dec 24, 2018
Oktane:

There is always a first time for everyone.
And it isnt as complex as ity appear. Do however note that 'everything is difficult at the beginning'.

Avoid terrains you cannot understand now like online businesses. Also avoid high yielding investments as they are likely to be high risk ventures too.

Just start out small with let's say a mobile trade in daily essentials that you can deliver to retailers Nd then pick up your cash later. I suggest that you just try out what you choose with nothing more than 20% of your savings and then ascertain the viability of the business before increasing your stakes or scaling up

thank you sir. I'm going to research and see what I can be able to do, and then I will start little just as you said to ascertain the viability of the business before increasing the stakes.

thank you
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Oktane: 10:39am On Dec 24, 2018
jinka:

thank you sir. I'm going to research and see what I can be able to do, and then I will start little just as you said to ascertain the viability of the business before increasing the stakes.

thank you

Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

See Your Car's Engine Problems On The Screen Of Your Phone / 5 Tricks To Catch An Online Money Making Scam / How To Buy Bitcoin And Ethereum With Naira Mastercard Or Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.