Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) (50415 Views)

Bandits Attack Sabon Gida, Zamfara; Kill Village Head / Gunmen Invade Ebonyi Community, Kidnap Many, Injure Others / Bandits Capture Nigerian Military Base In Zamfara, Kill 12 Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by BluntBoy(m): 7:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
mushystuff:

It may not be absolutely resolved in 4 years but 4 years is more than enough time to see definitive changes in that regard that citizens can actually testify to not just paper gist. Mind you that Jonathan was President for 5 years from 2010-2015 and it was like he had committed the greatest sin. There's not much difference between 4 n 5 years now is there?

I am sure there are citizens who can testify to changes.

Moreover, I don't know why you have mentioned GEJ.
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by BluntBoy(m): 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2018
Billionaire09:

By their comments you shall know them.

Brainwashed zombie spotted.

Being brainwashed is better than being a sitting duck sitting all day behind a laptop and contributing nothing tangible to nation building.

Go back and check all your comments. If there is nowhere where you have hinted at a solution, then you are virtually useless.
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by mushystuff: 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2018
BluntBoy:

I am sure there are citizens who can testify to changes.

Moreover, I don't know why you have mentioned GEJ.

You already made allusions to him...

BluntBoy:

Those who died at the hands of the military between 2011-2014 are unaccounted.

It got to a stage that the people of Bornu could not even tell soldiers from Boko Haram member in terms of brutality and extrajudicial killings.

BluntBoy:

That is not the point. The person I mentioned wanted to play politics with the matter. He wanted to make it appear like this wouldn't happen under PDP but we all know about all the atrocities the military committed under GEJ, including the atrocities that made people of Borno to lose faith in them.

This is a matter of national interest. Not a matter of PDP or APC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by KingThreatzz: 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2018
dalongjnr:
for those that doesn't understand, they protest and burned their LGC secretariat,blocked roads,burned tyres and destroyed public peace.
The rule for peaceful protest is very clear, u most write and notified the authorities (security) await their approval before the protest, so that security cover be provided for the protesters.
The security men are unprofessionally and doesn't applied rule for/of engagement. It's sad that the guys in uniform are killing the lives they are supposed to protect.

Why must soldiers be called to quell protests? Arent there riot police?
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by jice(m): 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2018
stephenduru:
Soldiers today allegedly opened fire on young protesters in Zamfara,killing and injuring many.Reports say that the protesters were shot while protesting
along the streets of Tsafe over insecurity.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/12/soldiers-open-fire-on-young-protesters.html

Zamfara people dying in the hands of bandits and soldiers as well. Where is the hope?

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by BluntBoy(m): 7:05pm On Dec 24, 2018
mushystuff:

You already made allusions to him...

I made it for the reason that someone wants to make it appear like military brutality began with Buhari.

But you, I don't know why you mentioned GEJ.
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by mushystuff: 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2018
BluntBoy:

I made it for the reason that someone wants to make it appear like military brutality began with Buhari.

But you, I don't know why you mentioned GEJ.

My reasons for mentioning GEJ are stated clearly. Read again:
mushystuff:

It may not be absolutely resolved in 4 years but 4 years is more than enough time to see definitive changes in that regard that citizens can actually testify to not just paper gist. Mind you that Jonathan was President for 5 years from 2010-2015 and it was like he had committed the greatest sin. There's not much difference between 4 n 5 years now is there?

Then read yourself again:
BluntBoy:

That is not the point. The person I mentioned wanted to play politics with the matter. He wanted to make it appear like this wouldn't happen under PDP but we all know about all the atrocities the military committed under GEJ, including the atrocities that made people of Borno to lose faith in them.

This is a matter of national interest. Not a matter of PDP or APC.
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by deboysben(m): 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2018
We will continue to support the soldiers and buhari way of ruling cos of 2023 Presidency. It's so important to us.

Besides it's Ipob yoots that are doing the protest in zamfara and will must stop at nothing to kill them all

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by Taidi(m): 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2018
Ammesty international are right anyhow..what concerns the military with civil rights biko
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by BluntBoy(m): 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2018
mushystuff:

My reasons for mentioning GEJ are stated clearly. Read again:

I don't understand. Why did people think GEJ had committed the greatest sin?

I don't suppose it is because of military brutality.
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by lebron7(m): 7:15pm On Dec 24, 2018
notoriousbabe:
borrow am your own small prick now
Dis one aff craze
Trans g like u
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by trinity11(m): 7:20pm On Dec 24, 2018
dalongjnr:
for those that doesn't understand, they protest and burned their LGC secretariat,blocked roads,burned tyres and destroyed public peace.
The rule for peaceful protest is very clear, u most write and notified the authorities (security) await their approval before the protest, so that security cover be provided for the protesters.
The security men are unprofessionally and doesn't applied rule for/of engagement. It's sad that the guys in uniform are killing the lives they are supposed to protect.

You are 100% correct.

But what you dont knw is that, protest are no longer approved by security operatives in Nigeria, and its a strict order from above. my brother it is so bad that the reply you will get from the so called security operatives is a pure threat to who soever engaged in the protest. ask 2baba, Charley boy, etc.

protest will only open up the government's failure to the who world, which they will do anything to cover up, including killing the same people they swore to protect.

May God help us in this country.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by princfred(m): 7:21pm On Dec 24, 2018
InvertedHammer:
/
Kudos to the military!

Everyone must enjoy this CHANGE.

It doesn't end with shouting "Sai Baba!"

I can't wait for the herdsmen to come back after the election.

Omenkalives thought he was free when he cheered Buhari during the Python dance until they turned his home state (Benue) into Armageddon. Such is life.

PMB till 2023!!!

/
This one reach to lol if not that human lives are what we are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by notoriousbabe: 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2018
Westaslave2:
just shut up u av started again,
Pple die n u talk of prick
na only my comment you see wey dey vex you, just because you see prick inside. Just talk sey you're sex starved and prick dey hungry you grin grin tongue
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 24, 2018
Mgbadike80:
They have been doing the same to IPOB and Shiite members with many Nigerians cheering them in support even here on Nairaland. Nigerians deserves this government, the next four years would even be worse.
I Even Pray Buhari Wins Next 02/19.Then You Guys Will See His True Colour.As 4 Me,Buhari Or No Buhari Am Set For Life
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by Ibrahim505(m): 7:27pm On Dec 24, 2018
Tear gas is enough. Using hot bullets against angry protesters is unprofessional and an unwarranted act by the NA.
The chief securities should be using riot police with tear gas, hot water and rubber bullet against violent Protestants.
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by chronique(m): 7:32pm On Dec 24, 2018
I would never rescue a military man or a police man at the point of death if I ever see anyone of them dying. These guys do not deserve love, care or sympathy.
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by xpool(m): 7:33pm On Dec 24, 2018
ehie:
why kill unarmed civilians for christ sakes
They will say that AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL caused it

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by laliga01: 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2018
stephenduru:
Soldiers today allegedly opened fire on young protesters in Zamfara,killing and injuring many.Reports say that the protesters were shot while protesting

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/12/soldiers-open-fire-on-young-protesters.html

what exactly are these little kids protesting for?
They should be in school.
Am tired of blaming soldiers but opening fire on unarmed civilian is becoming normal in Nigeria.

This is crime against humanity..

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by ogtavia(m): 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2018
The current situation in Zamfara is sad and very pitiable. However, i have a few things to say; when you are offered education and you pick sharia, what do you get? When you are offered religion and you choose fanaticism, what do you expect? When you are offered civilization and you choose pretence, what do you get?

Rest in peace to the departed.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by emmykk(m): 8:23pm On Dec 24, 2018
mushystuff:

What's the connection between this question and the fact that the Army that ought to protect citizens has turned their lethal weapons on already brutalized and deprived civilians?

You will recur that teenagers are mainly recruited at book haram terrorist and a loose guarding in taking them our is risk. Many soldiers have lost their life in the processes.
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by ahaz: 8:49pm On Dec 24, 2018
stephenduru:

oh my God what manner of country are we living in? citizens guned down for protesting over d failure of govt to protect them for the sake of burning down a LGA seceteriate that does not cost more than 20milion..we say the London protest yet no life was lost.
Well they cheered the army when they killed ipob and shitee members let me see how they will swallow the hemlock they prepared for others..now I know why KANU called this country a zoo.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by Timatayo1: 9:16pm On Dec 24, 2018
Any body that support this government for the killing of innocent unarmed civilians in zamfara that person is a pig and baboon buhari government is evil
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by ufuosman(m): 9:25pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nigeria my country
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by millionaireman: 9:55pm On Dec 24, 2018
BluntBoy:

Was there not military brutality before Buhari?

You people are making it sound like Buhari brought military brutality.

The issue of police and military brutality will continue as long as we are addressing it wrongly.

But president Buhari rejected the recommendations of the 2014 CONFAB where Nigerians sat and ironed out recommendations that would have since stopped all the killings in Nigeria long ago, if implemented.

Buhari sticks to the rigged political structure and unitary governance system in a most pluralistic Nigeria - a sure source of waiting time bomb.

Buhari believes that it's better this unitary governance system in the political structure rigged by northern soldiers to favour Buhari clan .
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by tinktanker: 9:57pm On Dec 24, 2018
If amnesty intl talk them go say them be enemy of the nation
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by sammie99: 10:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nigeria is the only country where it's armed forces can not stand an armed assailant but can freely shoot at unarmed people. Banana republic
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by millionaireman: 10:03pm On Dec 24, 2018
Timatayo1:
Any body that support this government for the killing of innocent unarmed civilians in zamfara that person is a pig and baboon buhari government is evil

Our most shophistiwretched tribe which hopes that Buhari clan shall have over power to them in 2023,
are we sure they are not going to vote Buhari next year, even if Buhari refused to debate his opponents?

Most sophisticated tribe which knows politics better than others, indeed.
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:45pm On Dec 24, 2018
dalongjnr:
thank you for ur balance opinion
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by Halo22: 10:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
My anger in all these things is that the president would feign ignorance of all the killings. Next he will tell us that he sent the Army chief to reside in the state, but didn't know that he didn't relocate to the area. In a sane clime, Tukur Burutai would have been fired for controversial killings of unarmed people. But for reasons best known to President Buhari and his cabal members, he will not even query him let alone to fire him.
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by Akabuking: 11:22pm On Dec 24, 2018
Sai Baba let's all join hands together and send him back to daura.

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Protesters In Zamfara, Kill Many, Injure Others (Photos) by Akabuking: 11:23pm On Dec 24, 2018
Sai Baba let's all join hands together and send him back to daura.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Air Vice-Marshal M.M. Maisaka Assassinated In Kaduna / Ocholi's Family Suspects Foul Play In His Death / Photo Of Buhari With His First Wife And Former First Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.