Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Christmas Message From Christianityupdate - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Message From Christianityupdate (211 Views)

Message From Archbishop Of Onitsha, Okeke, About Resumption Of Church / Read Evangelist Reinhard Bonke's Christmas Message / Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Message From Christianityupdate by chikachuks1(m): 4:44pm On Dec 24, 2018
It’s another Christmas season when we celebrate the birth or first coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Christmas has been known as a season of love and indeed, it is a period of sharing love.

The story of Christmas is all about love. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that who so ever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life (John.3:16). In like manner, we could rephrase that for Jesus so loved the world that He agreed to come and die for sinful men.

Therefore, it is very clear that the Christmas story is a love story. So, endeavor to share love with someone this season. Endeavor to pay a prize just to please someone this season. Let this Christmas be a remarkable one in your life and in the life of others.

It started with love, it must continue with love and it must end in and with love. As you proceed in your celebration, bare in your mind that it can only be done in love. Any part of your celebration that is not done in love is not accepted before God. Therefore, anything worth doing, it worth doing well.

Share love with the less privilege. Try to do something that will give glory to the Most High God. Above all, live to fulfill the purpose of Christ’s coming.

WHY HE CAME

Why did Jesus leave heaven to come to come to this sin infested world to live for as long as 33yrs. Before I proceed, see the lyrics of a song by Frances R. Havergal (1836-1879)

1 I gave My life for thee,
My precious blood I shed,
That thou might’st ransomed be,
And quickened from the dead;
I gave, I gave My life for thee,
What hast thou giv’n for Me?
I gave, I gave My life for thee,
What hast thou giv’n for Me?

2 My Father’s house of light,
My glory circled throne,
I left for earthly night,
For wanderings sad and lone;
I left, I left it all for thee,
Hast thou left aught for Me?
I left, I left it all for thee,
Hast thou left aught for Me?

3 I suffered much for thee,
More than thy tongue can tell,
Of bitt’rest agony,
To rescue thee from hell;
I’ve borne, I’ve borne it all for thee,
What hast thou borne for Me?
I’ve borne, I’ve borne it all for thee,
What hast thou borne for Me?

4 And I have brought to thee,
Down from My home above,
Salvation full and free,
My pardon and My love;
I bring, I bring rich gifts to thee,
What hast thou brought to Me?
I bring, I bring rich gifts to thee,
What hast thou brought to Me?

Why such a great sacrifice? Was the sacrifice worth it?

“For she shall bare a son and He shall be called Jesus, for He shall deliver His people from their sin” (Matthew.1:21).

That He shall deliver His people from their sin was the primary purpose of Christ’s coming. In this light of the truth, before you go on celebrating Christmas, ensure that you are delivered totally from your sin. Ensure that the cord of sin over your life has been broken.

Bare in mind that your deliverance was the primary reason for His coming. Your eternal safety was the sole reason why He left His glory cycled throne to this sin-enveloped world and spent a long 33 years. Thus, if you are not delivered from your sin, then the purpose of His coming has been aborted in your life.

Before you go about celebrating, visiting friends, watching Christmas movies, exchanging gifts and lots more, ensure that you are delivered from your sin first. No deliverance from sin, no reasonable Christmas celebration.

Christmas will not be worth celebrating, if we do not depart from iniquity. If we celebrate Christmas with in our lives, it is just like crucifying the Lord of Glory the second time. Therefore, ensure that you are reconciled with God this Christmas period

Ensure that the purpose of Christ’s coming in your life will not be wasted. Do not just allow Christ to come into the world, allow Him to also come into your life. It is only in coming into your life that life will be meaningful for you. It is only in coming into your life that we will say indeed that His coming was not wasted.
http://www.christianityupdate.com/blog/christmas-message/

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Jesus? - Jesus Is The Anointed ( Messiah) / Vessels Used By God / Should Employers Force Their Workers To Do Morning Devotion In Office?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.