Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,897 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us (752 Views)

Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? / 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us by iceboy4752(m): 12:38am On Dec 25, 2018
It may sound "stupid" if I ask who the authors of the four gospels are. We're told that they were authored by Matthew, Mark, Luke & John.
The question is why were they written "according to these authors?" If you don't get my point, let's look at a scenario.
If I write a book, I may say in the book that:
"Ahmadu Bello University is located in Zaria."
That is direct and clear because it explicitly entails what I know about the university, right?
What if I'm the author and in the book I say:
"According to Iceboy4752, Ahmadu Bello University is located in Zaria?"
It sounds odd, right?
If the four gospels were written by these men, why is it in this vague format?
Re: There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us by iceboy4752(m): 5:35pm On Dec 25, 2018
iceboy4752:
It may sound "stupid" if I ask who the authors of the four gospels are. We're told that they were authored by Matthew, Mark, Luke & John.
The question is why were they written "according to these authors?" If you don't get my point, let's look at a scenario.
That is direct and clear because it explicitly entails what I know about the university, right?
It sounds odd, right?
No answer as usual.
Re: There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us by Redoil: 9:22pm On Dec 25, 2018
iceboy4752:

No answer as usual.
@op you think you are making sense continue asking kwestion
Re: There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us by Emusan(m): 11:11pm On Dec 25, 2018
iceboy4752:
No answer as usual.
The problem you're having is simple comprehension. Try to deal with it first.
The authors you're talking about didn't COLLATE/COMPILE the Bible.
There's a difference between pen down and compilation.

1 Like

Re: There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us by iceboy4752(m): 6:54am On Dec 26, 2018
Emusan:

The problem you're having is simple comprehension. Try to deal with it first.
The authors you're talking about didn't COLLATE/COMPILE the Bible.
There's a difference between pen down and compilation.
Ok, so who compiled the Bible?
Re: There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us by iceboy4752(m): 6:55am On Dec 26, 2018
Redoil:
@op you think you are making sense continue asking kwestion
How will I make sense when you can't answer it?
Re: There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us by Emusan(m): 7:12am On Dec 26, 2018
iceboy4752:
Ok, so who compiled the Bible?
Google is your friend...
Re: There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us by LordReed(m): 10:05am On Dec 26, 2018
iceboy4752:
It sounds odd, right?

You are correct,those books where written in the name of those people not by those people. The authors are actually anonymous and penned down oral traditions that were floating around Christian circles which is why there are so many discrepancies between them.

1 Like

Re: There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us by IamAtikulate: 10:59am On Dec 26, 2018
Those books were written in the times of Roman Empire, that is how ancient Romans write to validate documents.

Check Paul's epistles also.
Re: There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us by LordReed(m): 11:05am On Dec 26, 2018
IamAtikulate:
Those books were written in the times of Roman Empire, that is how ancient Romans write to validate documents.

Check Paul's epistles also.

Stop writing what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us by BluntBoy(m): 11:16am On Dec 26, 2018
iceboy4752:
It sounds odd, right?

The Books were not written by them.

The first five books of the Bible were also not written by Moses.
Re: There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us by CAPSLOCKED: 11:16am On Dec 26, 2018
LordReed:

You are correct,those books where written in the name of those people not by those people. The authors are actually anonymous and penned down oral traditions that were floating around Christian circles which is why there are so many discrepancies between them.

TO MAKE THE STORY OF JESUS SOUND REASONABLE, ONE MUST PICK OUT PARTS AND PARTS FROM THE FOUR BOOKS, BECAUSE COMBINED TOGETHER, THE FOUR BOOKS DO NOT COMPLETELY AGREE ON THE SAME THINGS ABOUT THE STORY OF JESUS.

1 Like

Re: There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us by LordReed(m): 11:19am On Dec 26, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

TO MAKE THE STORY OF JESUS SOUND REASONABLE, ONE MUST PICK OUT PARTS AND PARTS FROM THE FOUR BOOKS, BECAUSE COMBINED TOGETHER, THE FOUR BOOKS DO NOT COMPLETELY AGREE ON THE SAME THINGS ABOUT THE STORY OF JESUS.

And then I learnt some stories were even inserted latter like the woman taken in adultery.
Re: There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us by iceboy4752(m): 12:02pm On Dec 26, 2018
BluntBoy:

The Books were not written by them.

The first five books of the Bible were also not written by Moses.
By who then? Even Google is confused; lol.
Re: There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us by Dantedasz(m): 2:00pm On Dec 26, 2018
Re: There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us by Dantedasz(m): 2:01pm On Dec 26, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Join The Whatsapp Group "Black Kings And Queens" / Ghanaian Pastor Obinim Delivers Pamela Odame From ‘spirits Of Dwarfs (video) /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.