Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? (565 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: It's Not Trump That They Hate, It's You, The Christians / 3 African Countries That Stopped Celebrating Christmas / Pictures Of Christians Celebrating Easter Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:05am On Dec 25, 2018
1. Show us the specific verse in the Bible that instructs Christians to celebrate Jesus's birthday. Don't show us a verse were angles were celebrating what we don't know, we all know there are many things that can be celebrated, show us the verse that specifically talks about "Celebrating Christmas"

2. Who amongst the disciples/followers of Jesus celebrated his birthday while he was alive and after he was crucified?

3. How do they come about the date 25 December as the day Jesus was born? Whether or not the present day calendar was in use at the time Jesus was born, what calendar was in use that time and how did they arrive at the date 25 December?

4. How does father Christmas come into the picture, why is he called the "Father" Christmas of Jesus's birthday and why is it his responsibility to be sharing gifts?...Is he even in the bible?

5 How do you come about the killing of chicken on Christmas day? Is that even biblical?

I await your answers, Meanwhile...

Colossians 2:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 dominque Alexis11 alBHAGDADI IntrovertedK
Re: 5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? by Makito015(m): 9:13am On Dec 25, 2018
If you don't celebrate your birthday, keep shut and let those who celebrate theirs celebrate in peace

Celebrating the birth of Jesus has its significances and since you don't know the significances just keep shut
Re: 5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:15am On Dec 25, 2018
Makito015:
If you don't celebrate your birthday, keep shut and let those who celebrate theirs celebrate in peace

Celebrating the birth of Jesus has its significances and since you don't know the significances just keep shut

You still haven't answered any of the above questions... I don't celebrate blindly... I must have the knowledge of what and who I am celebrating.

If you were to convince a non-christian, is this how you would respond to an answer?

Romans 12:2 New Living Translation (NLT)

2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
Re: 5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? by babyfaceafrica: 9:29am On Dec 25, 2018
OK...next!!!
Re: 5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? by Alexis11: 9:32am On Dec 25, 2018
Ode! You quoted Colossians 2vs8 but didn't see the vs16 of the same Colossians chapter2

Christmas celebration remains valid. cool
Re: 5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? by sunnyt1(m): 9:38am On Dec 25, 2018
It is a pagan practice, only an educated catholic can answer these questions, your usual social christian lacks the ability to ask salient questions.

But your social christians will insult anyone who dare to ask the why and how questions
Re: 5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? by AmeLonRo(m): 9:47am On Dec 25, 2018
To be candid, no one is sure of the exact date Christ was born but it was in a season like this. The mass in Christmas is from the pagan culture of old time which was changed during Jesus era. If you don't like chicken you can eat whatever you like. In the United States Thanksgiving is celebrated more than Christmas (they eat turkey = better than chicken). It depends on you personally how you observe it.

Check how to get a scholarships abroad by sending me a private message or at https://newkokoro.com/2018/12/25/the-major-difference-between-winners-of-scholarships-grants-or-fellowships-and-those-who-dont-is-applying/
Re: 5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? by Makito015(m): 9:55am On Dec 25, 2018
1. Show us the specific verse in the Bible that instructs Christians to celebrate Jesus's birthday. Don't show us a verse were angles were celebrating what we don't know, we all know there are many things that can be celebrated, show us the verse that specifically talks about "Celebrating Christmas"

2. Who amongst the disciples/followers of Jesus celebrated his birthday while he was alive and after he was crucified?

3. How do they come about the date 25 December as the day Jesus was born? Whether or not the present day calendar was in use at the time Jesus was born, what calendar was in use that time and how did they arrive at the date 25 December?

4. How does father Christmas come into the picture, why is he called the "Father" Christmas of Jesus's birthday and why is it his responsibility to be sharing gifts?...Is he even in the bible?

5 How do you come about the killing of chicken on Christmas day? Is that even biblical?

ANSWERS
1. In your village, the birthday of your king is celebrated, how about the birthday of the King of Kings. Why shouldn't it be celebrated?

2. After the death of Jesus, the persecution of early Christian's started. The disciples of Jesus spent most of their time preaching, performing miracles, helping the poor and the needy etc
Probably there was little or no time for them to do any celebration

3. The day 25th was known but the month was not certain.
Three groups of people carried out a research about the month in which Jesus was born but they all got different months,, october, November and December respectively. Thus, the church decided to put it on the 25th of december

4. Santa Claus is called Father Christmas by some people.
It was believed that Santa grants peoples wishes and honour those wishes in form of gifts

5. Is it only chicken that is killed on christmas day? No, people kill goats and cows too
After all while giving food to people, you give them meat as well
Re: 5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:31am On Dec 25, 2018
Alexis11:
Ode! You quoted Colossians 2vs8 but didn't see the vs16 of the same Colossians chapter2

Christmas celebration remains valid. cool

Did Jesus instruct you to be insulting people? Your attitude is typical of a lost soul.

Meanwhile, here is what you want me to see:

Colossians 2:16 New International Version

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Please were is it in the above verse that Jesus birthday should be celebrated, cuz all I see is religious festival, New Moon celebration or a sabbath day...I can' NOT see any BIRTHDAY celebration.

It's either you are blind, proudly ignorant or you read the bible upside down.

Next time read and understand the question before giving an answer.
Re: 5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:51am On Dec 25, 2018
Makito015:

ANSWERS
1. In your village, the birthday of your king is celebrated, how about the birthday of the King of Kings. Why shouldn't it be celebrated?

2. After the death of Jesus, the persecution of early Christian's started. The disciples of Jesus spent most of their time preaching, performing miracles, helping the poor and the needy etc
Probably there was little or no time for them to do any celebration

3. The day 25th was known but the month was not certain.
Three groups of people carried out a research about the month in which Jesus was born but they all got different months,, october, November and December respectively. Thus, the church decided to put it on the 25th of december

4. Santa Claus is called Father Christmas by some people.
It was believed that Santa grants peoples wishes and honour those wishes in form of gifts

5. Is it only chicken that is killed on christmas day? No, people kill goats and cows too
After all while giving food to people, you give them meat as well

I am sure if your child asked similar questions and you gave the above as answers, that child would be ashamed of you...you are such a big disgrace to Christianity for coming out with such trash as answers.

BTW, how old are you?
Re: 5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? by Makito015(m): 10:56am On Dec 25, 2018
[quote author=KingOfAmebo post=74151248]

I am sure if your child asked similar questions and you gave the above as answers, that child would be ashamed of you...you are such a big disgrace to Christianity for coming out with such trash as answers.

BTW, how old are you?

I gave you those answers based on your level
You don't expect a primary one pupil to easily comprehend further mathematics that is meant for a student in ss3

Get that into your empty skull
Re: 5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? by catwalq(f): 11:03am On Dec 25, 2018
I have no answer to all your questions but if this 'pagan festival' is strong enough to spread joy,laughter and happiness through out the world, then ama celebrate it with every thing I've got.
And don't stress your brain labelling me a foolish Christian, I'd gladly do it very year. Thank you grin grin cheesy grin
Re: 5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:55pm On Dec 25, 2018
[quote author=Makito015 post=74151386][/quote]

You are a wonderful example of an educated illiterate... What a waste of school fees...BTW, enjoy your pagan celebration and leave Jesus Christ out of this abomination.
Re: 5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? by WonderManly(m): 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2018
Wishing you the most memorable and joyful Christmas season. Have a great time. Merry Christmas!
Re: 5 Big Questions For The Christians Celebrating Christmas? by Makito015(m): 6:41pm On Dec 25, 2018
You are a wonderful example of an educated illiterate... What a waste of school fees...BTW, enjoy your pagan celebration and leave Jesus Christ out of this abomination. You are useless to yourself and to the society. Always finding fault in things that are faultless. Nonsense

(1) (Reply)

Pastors Whose ‘god Is Their Belly’ Are After Me – Daddy Freeze / Lot's Wife Pillar, Mount Sodom, And Zohar Fortress / Three In One God: Powerful Prophets Of God Magnetize Mercy City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.