Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? (7755 Views)

Google Pixel Discussion Thread / Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 10:24am On Jan 01, 2019
CHESTER48:
which pixel do you think tongue
tongue
pixel 2 undecided
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 01, 2019
OLUWABIG:
I THINK I WILL HAVE TO FOLLOW ALL PIXEL USERS HERE BECAUSE IT SEEMS ALL THIS IPHONE USERS ARE JUST SENSELESS THEY LIKE BRAGGING

WELL BY THE TIME QUALCOMM IS THROUGH WITH THEM GOOGLE WILL LAUGH AT THEM LAST
why do you hate iPhone users?
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by OLUWABIG(m): 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2019
CHESTER48:
why do you hate iPhone users?

Because they will not lemme hear word nio
and thanks to Qualcomm I can now laugh small small
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by VICTOR4LYF(m): 11:34pm On Jan 01, 2019
CHESTER48 Do you use the Google Daydream VR app on your Pixel?.

BTW Google Pixel devices are not the fastest android devices in the world. Go and watch MKBHD's (one of the top and most respected tech youtuber) 2018 smartphone awards video and fast forward to the smartphone of the year category. You will hear MKBHD say that the OnePlus 6T is the fastest android phone on the planet right now.
Also watch his video ' Why I don't use the Google Pixel 3 ' even though he almost always uses it as his daily driver and has rated it as having the best camera on any smartphone.
You should also watch speed comparison videos of the Pixel 3 against other smartphones released in 2018 to confirm for urself.

2 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 02, 2019
VICTOR4LYF:
CHESTER48 Do you use the Google Daydream VR app on your Pixel?.

BTW Google Pixel devices are not the fastest android devices in the world. Go and watch MKBHD's (one of the top and most respected tech youtuber) 2018 smartphone awards video and fast forward to the smartphone of the year category. You will hear MKBHD say that the OnePlus 6T is the fastest android phone on the planet right now.
Also watch his video ' Why I don't use the Google Pixel 3 ' even though he almost always uses it as his daily driver and has rated it as having the best camera on any smartphone.
You should also watch speed comparison videos of the Pixel 3 against other smartphones released in 2018 to confirm for urself.
mkb whatever you called is a human being and not a robot.thus he is byassed. Every human being is byassed in one way or the other.if he doesn't use pixel that's his own cup of tea and not mine. Or has he ever produced one.or is he the only YouTuber who doesn't use pixel phones.this argument holds no water .unless he is a robot who doesn't have feelings then I can accept if he says pixel is not fast . You are comparing one plus with almost 8gb of ram to pixel of 4gb of ram.if there device is more fluid than a Google pixel why are they now upgrading ram etc.their ram Management is very bad.unless it is Google stock Android nothing else beats it.if you want to argue bring a 4gb phone with its own custom stock rom and compare and not a phone with 8gb of ram about 10gb sef..
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by VICTOR4LYF(m): 2:26am On Jan 02, 2019
[quote author=CHESTER48 post=74366204]mkb whatever you called is a human being and not a robot.thus he is byassed. Every human being is byassed in one way or the other.if he doesn't use pixel that's his own cup of tea and not mine. Or has he ever produced one.or is he the only YouTuber who doesn't use pixel phones.this argument holds no water .unless he is a robot who doesn't have feelings then I can accept if he says pixel is not fast . You are comparing one plus with almost 8gb of ram to pixel of 4gb of ram.if there device is more fluid than a Google pixel why are they now upgrading ram etc.their ram Management is very bad.unless it is Google stock Android nothing else beats it.if you want to argue bring a 4gb phone with its own custom stock rom and compare and not a phone with 8gb of ram about 10gb sef..[/quote

Let us not start arguing about this now.Maybe Later. Also OnePlus phones run on stock android with very little additions to it. Same thing goes for the Moto Z line of android phones & the Razer Phone 1&2

By the way you haven't answered my question. Do you use the Daydream VR app on ur pixel phone?
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2019
[quote author=VICTOR4LYF post=74366812][/quote]

You should ask if he has the VR headset, you need the headset to use the app.

And as for your fastest android phone...that is a never ending argument...there are always different parameters and dimensions to look at which many viewers don't understand. It is not enough to say a phone is the fastest but why is the big question. how was the comparison carried out?

I always prefer a team of editors as a judge than a single Individuals judgement on an issue...I can buy the oneplus 6T today and be dissatisfied.

The editors at gsmarena picked these phones as the best for 2018 and each editor gave reasons for its pick. In that list I have only used the note 9

Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Note9
Samsung Galaxy s9
Pixel 3
OnePlus 6T
Pocophone F1

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 22, 2019
simonjo:

You should ask if he has the VR headset, you need the headset to use the app.

And as for your fastest android phone...that is a never ending argument...there are always different parameters and dimensions to look at which many viewers don't understand. It is not enough to say a phone is the fastest but why is the big question. how was the comparison carried out?

I always prefer a team of editors as a judge than a single Individuals judgement on an issue...I can buy the oneplus 6T today and be dissatisfied.

The editors at gsmarena picked these phones as the best for 2018 and each editor gave reasons for its pick. In that list I have only used the note 9

Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Note9
Samsung Galaxy s9
Pixel 3
OnePlus 6T
Pocophone F1
samsung has lost its pride. People now port google camera to Samsung phones now. Well the funny thing is that the camera app doesn’t really work well on no pixel
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by jharzwill: 4:45pm On Jan 22, 2019
Hey guys planning to get the Google pixel pretty soon but I am reading about how people got terrible SOT after updating their android version? Can yall tell me how good the Google pixel 1 battery is?? Thanks in advance
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by Ovie56(m): 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2019
I think phone have gotten to a place where almost every phone from 2016 SD820 Is relatively fast and enough with the hype about stock Android many skinned mobile phone are faster than Pixel with stock and pixel phone do slow down after a while is bizarre they have a very nice camera for taking PICTURES recording videos is another discussion

3 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by VICTOR4LYF(m): 12:46am On Jan 25, 2019
Ovie56:
I think phone have gotten to a place where almost every phone from 2016 SD820 Is relatively fast and enough with the hype about stock Android many skinned mobile phone are faster than Pixel with stock and pixel phone do slow down after a while is bizarre they have a very nice camera for taking PICTURES recording videos is another discussion
Guy Thank U so much for this. *sighs* Finally at last someone who understands what I'm trying 2 tell the OP.
N.B- OP Pls don't quote me. No b u wey I reply

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 11:32am On Jan 31, 2019
CHESTER48:
samsung has lost its pride. People now port google camera to Samsung phones now. Well the funny thing is that the camera app doesn’t really work well on no pixel
what's your SOT on a daily usage
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by Nobody: 1:36am On Feb 02, 2019
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
what's your SOT on a daily usage
I get upto 17hours on normal usage. And 5 hours on serios 4g only
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by Ecstasy9(m): 11:08am On Feb 02, 2019
CHESTER48:
How can I get this phone in Nigeria?
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by kvngjesse(m): 3:00pm On Feb 02, 2019
CHESTER48:
What pixel phone are you using bro?
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 02, 2019
i order from amazon. I have 228gb version currently that what I’m using
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by wheezyoung(m): 7:49pm On Feb 02, 2019
CHESTER48:
i order from amazon. I have 228gb version currently that what I’m using
pls screenshot your about phone page
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 03, 2019
wheezyoung:
pls screenshot your about phone page
sorry I meant 128gb
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by kvngjesse(m): 10:57am On Feb 03, 2019
CHESTER48:
there was one time I told some1 about stock Android,and the person was comparing Samsung S7 to my phone.come on we know the phone has lots of sensors ,Iris scanner, blah blah blah. But do we really need it? All these sensors make Samsung phones slow..that's why lots of people keep saying Samsung is low then Android is slow. Have you tried Google pixel ? I normally ask them. You can't compete with iOS with custom Android ROM oga. iOS doesn't have all these sensors and that's why it's fast..now pixel is the fastest Android there no matter what anybody thinks. They are still at 4gb ram because they know there stock Android is very fast at 4gb. While others are going 6gb lol..besides the bad ass camera on my phone the phone is unique..I recently when out with my friend who has the old iPhone x. It was at night and we took some pictures. And my phone was the brightest and the sharpest with night sight camera ..it made the guy to start asking me the name of my phone which I even refused saying. He even took portrait pictures with my single camera and almost ran mad..he was dumbfounded. He asked me to switch with his iPhone I swear...
Do you have portrait mode and night sight?

That was the portrait mode.
The pix was 12mp size I had to screshot it and then edit it to 2.7mp so it lost so many details..
This portrait is looking weird though for a pixel device.
What pixel device you use?
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2019
Pixel battery sucks! undecided
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by bobo65(m): 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2019
questechie:
Pixel battery sucks! undecided

Go for xl
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 03, 2019
kvngjesse:

This portrait is looking weird though for a pixel device.
What pixel device you use?
what do you mean weird? I personally increased the depth of field that's why it looks too fake Abi too blurred
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by dearpiriye: 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2019
Soooo I just discovered the pixel phones were this marvellous and now I need help. I want to get a phone that I can use for the next 4-5 years straight. My initial plan was the iphone 8plus 64gb. Do you think a google pixel can last that long and what are the cons I'm to expect. I know apple will support the 8plus for at least the next 4 years but right now I'm seriously tempted by the Google pixels.I've used Android all my life and I love the fact that I won't be loosing out on the experience with the pixel phones but I also will be getting an iPad very soon. Your responses and reasons will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by daamazing(m): 9:28pm On Feb 03, 2019
CHESTER48:
what do you mean weird? I personally increased the depth of field that's why it looks too fake Abi too blurred
screenshot the picture info

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by kvngjesse(m): 12:05am On Feb 04, 2019
CHESTER48:
Oh, I seeee undecided
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by kvngjesse(m): 6:36pm On Feb 04, 2019
daamazing:
screenshot the picture info
This is nice, where he though
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by wheezyoung(m): 7:52am On Feb 28, 2019
grin
kvngjesse:

This is nice, where he though
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by bobo65(m): 8:48am On Feb 28, 2019
dearpiriye:
Soooo I just discovered the pixel phones were this marvellous and now I need help. I want to get a phone that I can use for the next 4-5 years straight. My initial plan was the iphone 8plus 64gb. Do you think a google pixel can last that long and what are the cons I'm to expect. I know apple will support the 8plus for at least the next 4 years but right now I'm seriously tempted by the Google pixels.I've used Android all my life and I love the fact that I won't be loosing out on the experience with the pixel phones but I also will be getting an iPad very soon. Your responses and reasons will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Go for pixel 2xl or 3xl

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by kvngjesse(m): 8:53am On Feb 28, 2019
bobo65:

Go for pixel 2xl or 3xl
Big man Bobo
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by bobo65(m): 9:00am On Feb 28, 2019
kvngjesse:

Big man Bobo

No dey whine person on the last day of the month na
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by kvngjesse(m): 10:17am On Feb 28, 2019
bobo65:

No dey whine person on the last day of the month na
Lol I greet o
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 28, 2019
CHESTER48:
there was one time I told some1 about stock Android,and the person was comparing Samsung S7 to my phone.come on we know the phone has lots of sensors ,Iris scanner, blah blah blah. But do we really need it? All these sensors make Samsung phones slow..that's why lots of people keep saying Samsung is low then Android is slow. Have you tried Google pixel ? I normally ask them. You can't compete with iOS with custom Android ROM oga. iOS doesn't have all these sensors and that's why it's fast..now pixel is the fastest Android there no matter what anybody thinks. They are still at 4gb ram because they know there stock Android is very fast at 4gb. While others are going 6gb lol..besides the bad ass camera on my phone the phone is unique..I recently when out with my friend who has the old iPhone x. It was at night and we took some pictures. And my phone was the brightest and the sharpest with night sight camera ..it made the guy to start asking me the name of my phone which I even refused saying. He even took portrait pictures with my single camera and almost ran mad..he was dumbfounded. He asked me to switch with his iPhone I swear...
Do you have portrait mode and night sight?

That was the portrait mode.
The pix was 12mp size I had to screshot it and then edit it to 2.7mp so it lost so many details..
your dept of field is something else grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Unlock My Visafone / Blackberry Pin Exchange, Singles & Fun Seekers / The Next Tecno Phantom: A Premium Smartphone That Could Feature 3gb Ram & 4g Lte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.