Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Please This Might Concern You... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please This Might Concern You... (642 Views)

Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? / Help! House Help’s Presence Is Giving Me Concern / My Worries And Concern About Family Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please This Might Concern You... by ejire042(m): 12:03am On Dec 26, 2018
Good day sirs/Mas
I want to wish you all a happy Xmas and a prosperous new year ahead.
I have been on this platform for quite some time now and it has been a great experience altogether.

Well let me say that I'm writing this piece on behalf of my brother, who is an uber/taxify driver, who needs an urgent help from one God sent nairalander to help him find his feet after he lost his job some years back.

He has been driving for partners for quite sometime and he has been able to raise like 800 thousand naira to get his own personal car.

He came to me if I can help him get a good naija used big daddy, which I advised him against buying any naija used car, especially big daddy. He should rather buy a tokunbo car that will give a level of confidence and rest of mind.

A tokunbo Toyota camry 2004/2004 model cost around 1.5 and 1.8, but luckily we got a good deal for 1.4.

What we need is someone who can help him raise the balance to pay quickly for the ride, to avoid any temptation to spend this money.
Repayment method with interest will be discussed and guarantors provided to further prove sincerity. Also, The said car will be registered in the name of whoever is ready to support this deal pending when the money plus the interest is paid in full.

We are pleading to any well meaning nairalander to kindly help us achieve this dream and take this young family guy out of poverty and make him self reliant.

Please kindly do this for us and I know helpers will not be far from you.

For further discussions, please send a message to this number.
And I will surely call you back.

Please and please time is of the essence

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Please This Might Concern You... by Laird(m): 5:06am On Dec 26, 2018
My opinion having used some vehicles 3 precisely

If one has to work.with a cost effective car buying budget
Most so called tokunboh cars sold in Nigeria are accidented Scrap written off cars abroad bought cheap as write offs and sent to Nigeria where the cars are patched up and repaired shoddily and sold as Tokunboh to buyers who then buy and start repairing and replacing parts incurring more cost

My current vehicle of 5 years bought Tokunboh, I have changed the radiator fan, the power steering rack, the gear box, brain box,worked on the A.C before the Car could be fit to be stable
. To me, it is more cost efficient to buy a Naija used car and spend money painting, replacing parts and accessories to your taste
The dealer selling the scrap reworked Tokunboh car most times to maximize profit will patch up and repair car parts instead of outrightly changing the car parts that need to be changed and might even use a low quality coat of paint
When my leaking power steering box was changed for 20k after 1 year of Car Use, I found out that the power steering box that was originally in my bought Tokunboh car was worked, patched up and repaired by the seller instead of being outrightly changed.

If I want to buy a used car in Naija with my experience, I will prefer to buy a Lower priced cheaper Nigerian used Car and use the balance to repair and paint the car to.my taste and change and put quality parts in the Car to my taste

Than buy and still begin to repair a More expensive sold scrap patched up Tokunboh care that I will still spend money changing parts the dealer patched up and repaired

The Car dealer or the Car deliverer also removed the Car amplifier when.the car was delivered to me in another state forgetting I had seen the Car amplifier when the car was being inspected and paid for in Lagos as the car was inspected and paid for in Lagos of which I personally inspected the car at the car dealer's showroom lot in Lagos but the car was driven and delivered to Me in another state I was based in then

3 Likes

Re: Please This Might Concern You... by justlaw(m): 7:15am On Dec 26, 2018
You just said it all and nothing more to add!

Laird:

Most so called tokunboh cars sold in Nigeria are accidented Scrap written off cars abroad bought cheap as write offs and sent to Nigeria where the cars are patched up and repaired shoddily and sold as Tokunboh to buyers who then buy and start repairing and replacing parts incurring more cost

My current vehicle of 5 years bought Tokunboh, I have changed the radiator fan, the power steering rack, the gear box, brain box,worked on the A.C before the Car could be fit to be stable
. To me, it is more cost efficient to buy a Naija used car and spend money painting, replacing parts and accessories to your taste
The dealer selling the scrap reworked Tokunboh car most times to maximize profit will patch up and repair car parts instead of outrightly changing the car parts that need to be changed and might even use a low quality coat of paint
When my leaking power steering box was changed for 20k after 1 year of Car Use, I found out that the power steering box that was originally in my bought Tokunboh car was worked, patched up and repaired by the seller instead of being outrightly changed.

If I want to buy a used car in Naija with my experience, I will prefer to buy a Lower priced cheaper Nigerian used Car and use the balance to repair and paint the car to.my taste and change and put quality parts in the Car to my taste

Than buy and still begin to repair a More expensive sold scrap patched up Tokunboh care that I will still spend money changing parts the dealer patched up and repaired

The Car dealer or the Car deliverer also removed the Car amplifier when.the car was delivered to me in another state forgetting I had seen the Car amplifier when the car was being inspected and paid for in Lagos as the car was inspected and paid for in Lagos of which I personally inspected the car at the car dealer's showroom lot in Lagos but the car was driven and delivered to Me in another state I was based in then

Re: Please This Might Concern You... by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 26, 2018
Laird:

well put...bless you brethren
Re: Please This Might Concern You... by Mizwisdom(f): 10:46am On Dec 26, 2018
I would be surprised if a complete stranger assists you on this. Get a car you can afford bro
Re: Please This Might Concern You... by nnekaike(f): 11:53am On Dec 26, 2018
I have a good Nigerian used car for sale,Add something untop.
Its HONDA ACCORD 2008 model.
Re: Please This Might Concern You... by ejire042(m): 11:22pm On Dec 27, 2018
Thanks for all your comments.
I have given it a good thought and I still think a toks is best for what we intent to do.

If you are touched please kindly help out.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Olams Rice For Sale. 15k / Earn For Life / I Feel Tired Of Living Despite Still Young

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.