Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? (1194 Views)

Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? / Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight / What People Don't Know: Why We Pray With Alligator Pepper And Kolanut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Childfree: 2:59pm On Aug 05, 2023
Some people( that are not even wealthy, they don't even earn 500k monthly, infact they could be the average poor Nigerian or middle class) they prevent their wives from working hence they are the sole providers. Doesn't it occur to you how would your family survive if e.g something like death happens to you? What of you the wife, doesn't it concerns you what would be of you and the children?

Some settings, not necessarily the wife is disallowed to work, but the couples less care about the fact the wife don't earn or work I.e no effort or seriousness to find something doing. What if something happens to you the man? It doesn't come to your head how the situation of your family would be? Or you the wife, how you would cope with the children?

While In most settings, the wife work but earn way less than the man. I do hear even on this forum people saying if a woman earns more than the husband she'll be disrespectful, less submissive... bla bla bla. I guess deep within them they wouldn't want their wives to out earn them. So if you you are finding it difficult with your 150k salary, doesn't it bother you how would your family flare with the 50k salary your wife earn if e.g something like death happens to you?

Maybe if you are a stinking wealthy man, no problem. However I am talking About the 110 million Nigerians that are poor, can't even afford basic 3² meals a day. Probably another 60 million are hand to mouth.

My take is that people have no regards to the well-being of the children they would birth or the ones they already had, their problem and concern is just to have the number of children they always desire.

Hence you see, despite the kind of lives people are living, complaining on how they are finding it difficult to make both ends meet yet they are busy adding children to meet the number they always desire.

It is so pathetic in this part of the world.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Weknowbetter: 3:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
THROW CAUTION TO THE WIND
I agree op, I see no lies told. The children are the ones who suffer and become traumatized
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
why would you care what insane people are doing (when their wives themselves dont complain)?

who is really to blame here: the yeye husband or the deluded wife who agrees to the above nonsense?!
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by yrhuhfy113: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
why would you care what insane people are doing (when their wives themselves dont complain)?

who is really to blame here: the yeye husband or the deluded wife who agrees to the above nonsense?!

religion and family is to blame

WHEN YOU ARE 30 AND NOT MARRIED, they feel you have a SPIRITUAL PROBLEM

when you are married and say you are not ready for a child, family begin to visit prophets and alfas saying you have been attacked and CHILDREN ARE BLESSINGS

A CHILD IS A LIABILITY WHEN BORN TO THE POOR, NOT A BLESSING

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

i beg to differ, religion and family has nothing to do with an insecure man forcing his wife to stay home idle, because he doesnt want her to be around other men. it says a lot about his state of mind and what he thinks of his wife... but sadly, i equally blame the yeye women who accepts such nonsense.
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Childfree: 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

I think both of them.

I don't bother in that way. If that's what they want to do that's their problem.

If I see a dog who's owner doesn't feed it, maltreat or always starves it. Sure I'll wonder or be angry why hold a dog if you can't feed it. I am very sure we'll all hold this sentiment.

That's the same thing when it comes to children, my concern is for the innocent children, they bear the brunt and consequences of the foolish parents.
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by UnfairLife7(m): 6:02pm On Aug 05, 2023
Childfree:

I think both of them.

I don't bother in that way. If that's what they want to do that's their problem.

If I see a dog who's owner doesn't feed it, maltreat or always starves it. Sure I'll wonder or be angry why hold a dog if you can't feed it. I am very sure we'll all hold this sentiment.

That's the same thing when it comes to children, my concern is for the innocent children, they bear the brunt and consequences of the foolish parents.

I know a family in my neighbourhood whose husband and wife work
The children are miserable. There was no one to look after them when they return from school. Their parents return from work by evening. The girl child is 17 and already sleeping around. She had aborted 2 pregnancy. The boys are instruments to the Yahoo guys, sending them errands. But they their parents provide their needs.

While a family the mother stay home and look after the kids while the husband works. The kids are responsible and dream of every single girls and guys to have their type of kids

There's advantage and disadvantages!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Childfree: 6:04pm On Aug 05, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

WHEN YOU ARE 30 AND NOT MARRIED, they feel you have a SPIRITUAL PROBLEM

when you are married and say you are not ready for a child, family begin to visit prophets and alfas saying you have been attacked and CHILDREN ARE BLESSINGS

A CHILD IS A LIABILITY WHEN BORN TO THE POOR, NOT A BLESSING

Yeah but still one would have to decide to either do their request or not. The blame is still on the individual.

In fact that is the total disregard I was talking of. Is like choosing between pleasing people who are pressuring you and well-being of the kid you would bring to the world since you are not ready. Unfortunately many chose the former
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
I know a family in my neighbourhood whose husband and wife work. The children are miserable. There was no one to look after them when they return from school. Their parents return from work by evening. The girl child is 17 and already sleeping around. She had aborted 2 pregnancy. The boys are instruments to the Yahoo guys, sending them errands. But they their parents provide their needs.
While a family the mother stay home and look after the kids while the husband works. The kids are responsible and dream of every single girls and guys to have their type of kids. There's advantage and disadvantages!!!
So, a 17-year-old needs a babysitter is what you are trying to tell us here? A 17-year-old is unable to babysit her own siblings while her parents are off at work. And this is the reason you surmise the kids are into whatever they are all into, according to you? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by UnfairLife7(m): 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, a 17-year-old needs a babysitter is what you are trying to tell us here? A 17-year-old is unable to babysit her own siblings while her parents are off at work. And this is the reason you surmise the kids are into whatever they are all into, according to you? undecided
the parents has been out right from when they are little. As a girl she was the easiest targets for guys having notice their parents are always not around. No doubt she and her siblings are spoilt kids. Who would you blame? The children or their ever busy parents? Interesting part of it all was that the mother monthly take home isn't up to 50k. The usual average Nigerian salary. The man on the other hand is into business, hence, brings in bulk of the money
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Kobojunkie: 7:13pm On Aug 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
■ the parents has been out right from when they are little. As a girl she was the easiest targets for guys having notice their parents are always not around.
■ No doubt she and her siblings are spoilt kids. Who would you blame? The children or their ever busy parents? Interesting part of it all was that the mother monthly take home isn't up to 50k. The usual average Nigerian salary. The man on the other hand is into business, hence, brings in bulk of the money
So the parents never had a nanny or even their grandmother care for them while they were out working, ever? undecided

2. If what you say is true, then the problem isn't that the parents were busy but that they were irresponsible. My own parents worked too when I was a child... both mother and father worked, and we always had someone at home to take care of us. By the time I was old enough, I even had the responsibility of picking my siblings up from school, after which we would make lunch and relax together, all while my parents were away at work. So, let's not get things twisted as to what is to blame here. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by UnfairLife7(m): 7:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So the parents never had a nanny or even their grandmother care for them while they were out working, ever? undecided

2. If what you say is true, then the problem isn't that the parents were busy but that they were irresponsible. My own parents worked too when I was a child... both mother and father worked, and we always had someone at home to take care of us. By the time I was old enough, I had picked my siblings up from school and we made lunch and relaxed while parents were away together. So, let's not get things twisted as to what is to blame here. undecided
how many average Nigerians can afford nanny? Not even in this Tinubu government. They find it not easy feeding their children not to talk of bringing in another mouth to feed. Not everyone can afford feeding more mouth when ordinarily they are not finding it easy with their nuclear family. The girl was so smart to be terminating the pregnancy but we in the neighbourhood get to know through the lady that gave her the pills to abort the pregnancy.

They are only around on Sunday. But the children no be am. The 17 years old girl is in Ss2 but she's doing things far beyond her age.
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Aug 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
■ how many average Nigerians can afford nanny? Not even in this Tinubu government. They find it not easy feeding their children not to talk of bringing in another mouth to feed.
■ Not everyone can afford feeding more mouth when ordinarily they are not finding it easy with their nuclear family. The girl was so smart to be terminating the pregnancy but we in the neighbourhood get to know through the lady that gave her the pills to abort the pregnancy. They are only around on Sunday. But the children no be am. The 17 years old girl is in Ss2 but she's doing things far beyond her age.
1. Is this a joke or what? So, all those houses help wey full everywhere — even for poor people house— no be nannies be that? If you cannot afford a nanny to take care of your kids because you are working then why have kids in the first place? undecided

2. This thread is not about the girl and her private life so focus. undecided
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by UnfairLife7(m): 8:07pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Is this a joke or what? So, all those houses help wey full everywhere — even for poor people house— no be nannies be that? If you cannot afford a nanny to take care of your kids because you are working then why have kids in the first place? undecided

2. This thread is not about the girl and her private life so focus. undecided
LOl

She doesn't have a private life because she's a known and popular street girl grin
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Aug 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
■ LOl ....She doesn't have a private life because she's a known and popular street girl grin
I don't know about you but I feel dirty talking about the private life of a 17-year-old, and I think you should too. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by UnfairLife7(m): 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I don't know about you but I feel dirty talking about the private life of a 17-year-old, and I think you should too. undecided
I feel irritated about it also. I personally do not like the girl because of her way of life. It was the topic that brought her into play. She was a victim of both parents working, no one is ready to make any sacrifice for their kids

Also, i personally do not condemn women who are full house wife, provided they could raise a responsible kids, especially in Nigeria today
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
■ I feel irritated about it also. I personally do not like the girl because of her way of life. It was the topic that brought her into play. She was a victim of both parents working, no one is ready to make any sacrifice for their kid. Also, i personally do not condemn women who are full house wife, provided they could raise a responsible kids, especially in Nigeria today
Stop stalking this child abeg! undecided
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
I know a family in my neighbourhood whose husband and wife work
The children are miserable. There was no one to look after them when they return from school. Their parents return from work by evening. The girl child is 17 and already sleeping around. She had aborted 2 pregnancy. The boys are instruments to the Yahoo guys, sending them errands. But they their parents provide their needs.

While a family the mother stay home and look after the kids while the husband works. The kids are responsible and dream of every single girls and guys to have their type of kids

There's advantage and disadvantages!!!

So with your kind of thinking, only housewives produce responsible children, while working mums have the worst kids we have around? Your one story is the basis for all? This is your reasoning?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
the parents has been out right from when they are little. As a girl she was the easiest targets for guys having notice their parents are always not around. No doubt she and her siblings are spoilt kids. Who would you blame? The children or their ever busy parents? Interesting part of it all was that the mother monthly take home isn't up to 50k. The usual average Nigerian salary. The man on the other hand is into business, hence, brings in bulk of the money

So she shouldn't earn a living because her salary is small? Being a housewife is preferable? Let me guess your mum was/is an housewife that's why thought process is limited obviously.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by UnfairLife7(m): 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2023
Jovialjune1:

So she shouldn't earn a living because her salary is small? Being a housewife is preferable? Let me guess your mum was/is an housewife that's why thought process is limited obviously.
at least you're happy the parents has useless kids because of 50k salary. Congratulations career woman grin
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
at least you're happy the parents has useless kids because of 50k salary. Congratulations career woman grin

You should also be happy that a housewife in my area has useless kids despite the fact that she earns nothing. Congratulations educated illiterate grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Aug 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
■ at least you're happy the parents has useless kids because of 50k salary. Congratulations career woman grin
You are the one claiming they are useless though. undecided
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by UnfairLife7(m): 10:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You are the one claiming they are useless though. undecided
do you wish to have them as kids? A 17 years old girl who's smart enough to terminate pregnancy two times because or stigma and shame? And your boys should running errands for all and sundry? Do you wish to have them as kids?
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
■ do you wish to have them as kids? A 17 years old girl who's smart enough to terminate pregnancy two times because or stigma and shame? And your boys should running errands for all and sundry? Do you wish to have them as kids?
From the much you have said of them, they are smart kids for their age. There is nothing wrong with them as far as I can tell. So, I am not certain why you think they are useless or you are better than them in some way. undecided
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by UnfairLife7(m): 10:31pm On Aug 05, 2023
Jovialjune1:

You should also be happy that an housewife in my area has useless kids despite the fact that she earns nothing. Congratulations educated illiterate grin
why are you insulting me biko? I aired my view with my experience and you're here calling me name. Did i ask you to be full house wife? I didn't condemn any, be it career woman or full time house wife. Ok the woman had stopped working after neighbours reported how her children had become nuisance in the community. She chose her children over her 50k job
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by UnfairLife7(m): 10:35pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
From the much you have said of them, they are smart kids for their age. There is nothing wrong with them as far as I can tell. So, I am not certain why you think they are useless or you are better than them in some way. undecided
you didn't answer my question. Did you wish to have those kids in life? It's a yes or no question. You never can tell she might stop at third or fourth abortion before 18 or 19 and turn a new leaf grin
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On Aug 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
you didn't answer my question. Did you wish to have those kids in life? It's a yes or no question. You never can tell she might stop at third or fourth abortion before 18 or 19 and turn a new leaf grin
So what if she ends up aborting 100, does that make her any less a kid or in need of care than the next person? It is her body and her decision. Mind your own. Like, I said, I see nothing wrong with the kid as kids that are smart would thrive better than the others who arent so smart that litter the place. undecided
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by UnfairLife7(m): 10:49pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So what if she ends up aborting 100, does that make her any less a kid or in need of care than the next person? It is her body and her decision. Mind your own. Like, I said, I see nothing wrong with the kid as kids that are smart would thrive better than the others who arent so smart that litter the place. undecided
WHY don't you want them as kids? At least she can consider adoption if her womb get faulty as a result of reckless abortion. At least i believe in adoption and i also believe your child can be either biological or adopted. I see no reason why you cannot wish to have these kids as yours. At least the mother has left her job to look after her kids after some of her friends and neighbours reported their way of life to her. Just wish yourself to have those kind of kids as yours
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
■ WHY don't you want them as kids? At least she can consider adoption if her womb get faulty as a result of reckless abortion. At least i believe in adoption and i also believe your child can be either biological or adopted. I see no reason why you cannot wish to have these kids as yours.
■ At least the mother has left her job to look after her kids after some of her friends and neighbours reported their way of life to her. Just wish yourself to have those kind of kids as yours
I never said I was desperate for kids. However, if I had to be burdened with raising them, I would not object since all kids need to be taken care of regardless of how smart or dumb they turn out to be in the end. You call it reckless abortion because you are probably one of those programmed to believe it is better to have kids than abort them; I am not one of those. undecided

2. Good for her but I doubt that was ever the problem to begin with as there is more to raising a child than being at home. Like I said, my own folks were rarely home during the days, but we all turned out OK. Then there were those whose parents worked right there in the same yard where they lived and some of them ended up walking the criminal path. You probably need to read more books on this sort to open your eyes to reality outside of your mind. undecided
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by UnfairLife7(m): 11:03pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I never said I was desperate for kids. However, if I had to be burdened with raising them, I would not object since all kids need to be taken care of regardless of how smart or dumb they turn out to be in the end. You call it reckless abortion because you are probably one of those programmed to believe it is better to have kids than abort them; I am not one of those. undecided

2. Good for her but I doubt that was ever the problem to begin with as there is more to raising a child than being at home. Like I said, my own folks were rarely home during the days, but we all turned out OK. Then there were those whose parents worked right there in the same yard where they lived and some of them ended up walking the criminal path. You probably need to read more books on this sort to open your eyes to reality outside of your mind. undecided
I didn't mean career women has useless kids while full time house wife has responsible kids though. I only share the experience i had I my neighbourhood. My point is, i wouldn't condemn full time house wife nor career women. It's a choice you know. Whatever they felt it's better for them is obviously cool
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by Kobojunkie: 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
■ I didn't mean career women has useless kids while full time house wife has responsible kids though. I only share the experience i had I my neighbourhood.
■ My point is, i wouldn't condemn full time house wife nor career women. It's a choice you know. Whatever they felt it's better for them is obviously cool
Clearly, what you described there has nothing to do with the man and woman being career-minded but with them being irresponsible parents. Look around and you will find that there are many stay-at-home parents— full-time housewives even— who are equally just as irresponsible in that they neglect the kids the same. undecided

2. I would rightly condemn a full-time housewife whose children are not being adequately provided for as a result of her choice to sit at home. undecided
Re: Why Do People Don't Bother Or Have No Concern Regards This? by layzie: 4:29am On Aug 06, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

The percentage of 'yeye' husbands who wouldn't want their wives to work in Nigeria today is far less than the number of women who by themselves, don't want to work.
Majority of women today have taken marriage as their work. Gist with any average girl and u will hear 'let me just marry a well to do man and just sit/take care of the house'. No drive, no ambition, just soft life.

See what this one is arguing passionately below. According to her/him, husband and wife have had careers for 17 yrs and yet can't afford a nanny. That's the type of stories they tell themselves to justify their crave for soft life (laziness)

UnfairLife7:
how many average Nigerians can afford nanny? Not even in this Tinubu government. They find it not easy feeding their children not to talk of bringing in another mouth to feed. Not everyone can afford feeding more mouth when ordinarily they are not finding it easy with their nuclear family. The girl was so smart to be terminating the pregnancy but we in the neighbourhood get to know through the lady that gave her the pills to abort the pregnancy.

They are only around on Sunday. But the children no be am. The 17 years old girl is in Ss2 but she's doing things far beyond her age.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Can Someone Solve This Puzzle For Me / Did I Marry Her Family? / My Daughter (last October)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.