Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,769 members, 7,841,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF (679 Views)

ISRAELI Weapon Damaged Iranian Air Defenses Without Being Detected / North Korea Fires Ballistic Missile From Submarine Towards Japan( Pix, Video) / Russian Fighter Jets ‘scrambled To Intercept US Spy Plane Over Black Sea(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by Nobody: 4:32am On Dec 26, 2018
The Israeli military has confirmed it was forced to “activate” air defense systems against an anti-aircraft missile coming from Syria. The action was taken after Damascus engaged and intercepted several incoming “hostile targets.”

Israel said there was no damage nor were there any injuries among IDF personnel, but offered no further details of the engagement. Social media footage showed a supposed Israeli interceptor missile being deployed from the city of Hadera, which lies just some 100 kilometers (60 miles) south of the Syrian border, but it remains unclear if it downed anything. Locals there also reported hearing a large explosion.

An IDF aerial defense system activated in response to an anti-aircraft missile launched from Syria.
— Israel Defense Forces (@IDF) December 25, 2018

Earlier, Syrian state media reported that the country’s air defenses had engaged “enemy targets” in the countryside west of Damascus, in an alleged Israeli attack launched from the direction of Lebanon.

Video shows a Patriot PAC-2/GEM+ SAM of #Israel Air Defense Command fired a surface to air missile at a #Syrian Arab Air Defense Force's 5V28V (S-200) surface to air missile which was flying over #GolanHeights. The 5V28V had been launched at one of the F-16Is after the airstrike pic.twitter.com/EjLy4VsByG
— Babak Taghvaee (@BabakTaghvaee) December 25, 2018

The jets had reportedly entered Lebanese airspace before attacking their targets in Qatana, in the southwestern suburb of Syria’s capital. During the raid, Israeli jets allegedly had to fire heat flares as decoy targets, Al-Manar satellite television station reported.

https://www.rt.com/news/447395-israel-air-defense-syria/

Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by Nobody: 4:36am On Dec 26, 2018
Video shows a Patriot PAC-2/GEM+ SAM of #Israel Air Defense Command fired a surface to air missile at a #Syrian Arab Air Defense Force's 5V28V (S-200) surface to air missile which was flying over #GolanHeights. The 5V28V had been launched at one of the F-16Is after the airstrike pic.twitter.com/EjLy4VsByG

An israeli f16 carried out an air strike in syria and had to use flairs as decoys against the s200 5V28V before zooming back to base.
Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by Nobody: 4:47am On Dec 26, 2018
Israel said Tuesday night it had deployed its air defenses against a missile shot from Syria as Damascus attempted to repel an alleged Israeli airstrike against Hezbollah or Iranian targets near the capital.

The Israel Defense Forces said there was no damage or injuries from the surface-to-air missile fired from Syria at Israel.

Pictures shared on social media showed an air defense missile being fired near Hadera, a city some 100 kilometers (60 miles) south of the Syrian border where residents had earlier reported hearing a loud explosion
Syrian state media said its own air defenses had opened fire on “enemy targets,” shooting them down, in what was reported to be an Israeli airstrike.

Syrian eyewitnesses and video on social media showed what appeared to be intense fire on targets near the capital.

SANA said the strikes beginning at about 10 p.m. were carried out from Lebanon and that a number of targets were intercepted.

“It’s an Israeli raid,” said Rami Abdel Rahman, who heads the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights war monitor.

“Missiles fired from Israeli planes targeted… arms depots southwest and south of Damascus that belong to Hezbollah or Iranian forces,” Abdel Rahman said.

Syrian TV quoted a military source saying weapons warehouses were hit, and three Syrian soldiers wounded.

Lebanon’s National News Agency reported that Israel Air Force planes were operating over southern Lebanon.

News reports tied between the strike and the earlier arrival of an Iranian cargo jet in Damascus. The 747, belonging to Iran’s Fars Air Qeshm, had landed in Syria just after 7 p.m.

The civilian company has been accused on multiple occasions of smuggling Iranian arms to Hezbollah.

By midnight the flight was en route back to Iran.

Israel in recent years has carried out hundreds of airstrikes in Syria against targets linked to Iran, which alongside its proxies and Russia is fighting on behalf of the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad.

Israel has accused Iran of seeking to establish a military presence in Syria that could threaten Israeli security and attempting to transfer advanced weaponry to the Hezbollah terror group in Lebanon.

The number of airstrikes in Syria attributed to Israel has dropped noticeably in recent months, after a Russian military plane was downed by Syrian air defenses during an Israeli attack on Latakia, killing all 15 servicemen aboard.

Russia blamed the Israeli military for that incident — a charge rejected by Jerusalem — and has supplied Syria with the advanced S-300 air defense system.

The S-300 systems were delivered to Syria last month, but they are not yet believed to be in use, as the Syrian air defense teams still need to be trained to operate them.

Israeli defense officials have met with Russian counterparts a number of times in recent weeks in an effort to re-establish a deconfliction mechanism that will allow Israel to recommence its air campaign.

Russia reportedly wants significant warning period ahead of any Israeli airstrike, something Israeli officials have been said to refuse.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/syria-says-air-defenses-deployed-against-enemy-targets-near-damascus/
Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by ValCon888: 4:56am On Dec 26, 2018
These guys are inventing Defense Systems while our army is inventing school uniform

Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 26, 2018
That old t72 is still one of the greatest of soviet engineering. India just acquired 1000 of it engines.
Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by decatalyst(m): 5:33am On Dec 26, 2018
We only rely on God's defense system in my dear country grin grin

1 Like

Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by Redoil: 5:42am On Dec 26, 2018
Sombody should tell buhari that presently wars are been faught with techonology and not with lies
Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by oyebanji44: 5:55am On Dec 26, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by pacino26(m): 7:38am On Dec 26, 2018
Monkey smart monkey smart na only when tree near tree cheesy

The IDF just met their match in old Soviet weapons system grin grin grin grin grin . Must they attack from the airspace of another country if indeed they got all the precision weapons as advertised? Now putting Lebanon in cross hairs if Syrian air defense. I must not fail to commend their intelligence agency MOSSAD for prompting the airstrike but lads mother bear is out there guiding the Syrians so they should just give up.

They are worried about Iran having a military presence in Syria WTF when they the IDF flies from Lebanon? I can't get this hypocrisy sorted out in my head. Maybe Zohariel would cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by seunny4lif(m): 7:53am On Dec 26, 2018
grin
S200 chasing F16
Imagine what S300 will do?
S200 was built over 40years old before F16 and yet f16 is running away
pacino26:
Monkey smart monkey smart na only when tree near tree cheesy

The IDF just met their match in old Soviet weapons system grin grin grin grin grin . Must they attack from the airspace of another country if indeed they got all the precision weapons as advertised? Now putting Lebanon in cross hairs if Syrian air defense. I must not fail to commend their intelligence agency MOSSAD for prompting the airstrike but lads mother bear is out there guiding the Syrians so they should just give up.

They are worried about Iran having a military presence in Syria WTF when they the IDF flies from Lebanon? I can't get this hypocrisy sorted out in my head. Maybe Zohariel would cool cool cool
Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 26, 2018
seunny4lif:
grin
S200 chasing F16

But why come to chase after an airstrike has been carried out? medicine after death. Weapons warehouse belonging to Iran and hezbollah was destroyed.

1 Like

Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by seunny4lif(m): 9:49am On Dec 26, 2018
Destroyed you said?
Bro nothing was in that warehouse.
Israel will have giving Russia the information in advance and Russia will have given Syria and Syria will told her allies Iran.
That’s how it played.
I can’t wait for S300 to start operating grin grin
I want to see overrated F35 in action
illitrate:

But why come to chase after an airstrike has been carried out? medicine after death. Weapons warehouse belonging to Iran and hezbollah was destroyed.
Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2018
seunny4lif:
Destroyed you said?
Bro nothing was in that warehouse.
Israel will have giving Russia the information in advance and Russia will have given Syria and Syria will told her allies Iran.
That’s how it played.
I can’t wait for S300 to start operating grin grin
I want to see overrated F35 in action

I guess you know more than the Syrians who confirmed and said three soldiers where wounded and warehouse destroyed....I guessed the soldiers wounded were guarding an empty warehouse...!!

You people should simply stop taking parasol for another man's headache...!!!

Peace..!!!

1 Like

Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by seunny4lif(m): 1:12pm On Dec 26, 2018
Soldiers were wounded but no pictures from even the Syria government.
Nobody is taking headache on Syria but after watching Libya been destroyed by so called democracy countries.
Bethor:

I guess you know more than the Syrians who confirmed and said three soldiers where wounded and warehouse destroyed....I guessed the soldiers wounded were guarding an empty warehouse...!!

You people should simply stop taking parasol for another man's headache...!!!

Peace..!!!
Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2018
seunny4lif:
Nobody is taking headache on Syria but after watching Libya been destroyed by so called democracy countries.

Oga, me think it's better you ask the Syrians who confirm and said soldiers wounded and warehouse destroyed for picture not me or nairalanders...!!

Person tell you wetin happen to am..you still dey argue with am...I just tire for people..!!!

You too can even endeavour to do an investigative journalism to Syria so that you can also confirm first hand for yourself from the Syrians...any argument you want do can be done right there...!!!

I hold no brief for anybody...problem wey dey here never solve finish nah Syria and Israel matter I go come carry for head?

Peace...!!!

1 Like

Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 27, 2018
seunny4lif:
grin
S200 chasing F16
stop this rubbish this is a disgrace to Syria.
Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 27, 2018
seunny4lif:
hahahaha
Re: ISrael Engages Air Defenses To Intercept Anti-aircraft Missile From Syria – IDF by Whyem15: 2:18am On Dec 28, 2018
Out of 16 laser guided missiles launched, only two managed to get to their target.... Success rate of 12.5% and the Syrians achieved this without deploying s300 so as to avoid hitting the civilian planes.
The Israeli Air Force used as many as 16 US-made laser-guided GBU-39 bombs, but only two of them reached their targets. Most were intercepted by Syria’s air defenses, according to the Russian Defense Ministry.
https://www.rt.com/news/447423-israel-strike-syria-civilian-planes/

(1) (Reply)

Iran Seizes Another Tanker. / How The World Is Reacting To US Killing Of Top Iran General / Iran: U.S Begins Deployment Of Nuclear Bombers To Middle East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.