Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Being A Plus-sized Model - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Being A Plus-sized Model (4978 Views)

Sexy Mama!!my Dream Is To Be A Plus Sized Lingerie Model- Chioma Toplis (photos) / Plus Sized Divas,post Your Pics Here For The World To See / Why Is It That Plus Sized Naija Babes Wear Undersized Clothes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by frankiriri(m): 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2007
lakeside4love:

I love a plus sized woman,

Especially the beautiful plus size ones, They turn me on,

Tell them. Nothing like some flesh on a big babe . Seeing them makes me determined to conquer that "mountain"
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by bigbumper(f): 1:02am On Apr 25, 2007
The Big bones myth? According to some diet books I read, the female bone only weighs 4% out of the entire composite.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by bigbumper(f): 1:10am On Apr 25, 2007
The reason given by the modeling industry is that most fashion designers are gay hence the reason the demand for skinny women with no curves. Apparently this is to help them to fantazise that the model is a guy with her boyish figure.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by zigbo(f): 1:40am On Apr 25, 2007
rily cheesy ,is that fact or fiction. If thats the case its funny and some what selfish. lol
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by KENEDANI(m): 2:06am On May 01, 2007
Una no want talk? abi una dey enter meeting. the kind coalition wey de come so, Na only God go save me from una hand. God wey give power to marry 2 of u, He go give me strength to take control u people.   (shout: make una go inside  oooooh)
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by KENEDANI(m): 2:13am On May 01, 2007
Chineke, them be 3 now. I talk am say this people don dey enter meeting. 3 is to 1, mba, I must vamoose. No be say I run but I dey go prepare 4 protest. Take care of the children. make una no commot outside.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by hotangel2(f): 8:56am On May 01, 2007
Contrary to most believes, Plus sized girls are actually now ACCEPTED in the modelling world. You just have to go to the right Agency.

If you know you are a plus sized girl, don't go to a modelling agency that deals with skinny models, because they will just do their best to ruin your self esteem. And laugh at you.

The good thing now is that there are more and more plus sized models out there, and ladies with meat on their bones are no longer left in the back. The only ones that are still in the back are those who don't want to show their face in the front.

Seriously speaking, the way i see it, there are lots of cloths, and stuff for plus sized ladies out there in the market and stores today. Unlike 5-7 years ago where plus sized girls had to wear "buba, and bubu -- all them huge ass cloth".

The trend of belt on the waist works well for plus sized ladies because it shows their hips and gives them a smaller waist.

And to be a plus sized model, you have TO KNOW how to carry yourself. You have to walk the walk, know your stand, and don't just expect people to 'accept' you as another person in the modelling world -- you have to understand that the modelling world just started accepting plus sized models. Most people often get this part twisted. They start yelling "BUt this is me, what do you want me to do? You either like me as i am, or forget it".  Well here's a newsflash sweetie, if you don't show them that you got what it takes, they won't see it in you. they'll just see you as the stereotypical fat ass woman who can't walk one mile without collapsing.

Be realistic here, you know im saying the truth.

Most ladies are yelling for acceptance when they ain't even trying to embrace and show off what they have. Like i said before, there are lotsa stuffs out there today, a bunch of cloth lines and fashion lines for plus sized girls and ladies.
I am not even talking about expensive stuffs now. Go to ROSS, Walmart, all those stores in the mall, hunnie trust me, there are stuffs there. Don't get tired looking through the racks.

Dont think that everyone in the store is looking at you thinking that you won't find a dress your size in the store. Just take your time, and buy something that fits your body shape.

Show of your nicer assets, and cover up the not-so-nice ones. Everyone has some not-so-nice assets, even skinny people.

It's all about wearing what works for you. DOn't wear it because it's in fashion!!!! Please, get it right LAdies.

And it just might interest you to know that most guys love a lady with some meat on her bones. A lady they know won't break while they are in bed with her. A lady they can push on the chair in a big teddy bear hug, and know that she won't crack in their arms.

So please ladies, if you have some meat on your bones, don't kill your self trying to look like a bone. ANd all my naturally skinny sistahs, Just be who you are, don't try to oppress the plus sized ones, and don't claim that you work out 24 hours!! Your ass is just lucky to have good genes, so please shut it and move on.  smiley smiley

I am not in anyway telling ladies not to work out and be in good shape, or be in good health. Just don't do it in a crazy way please. Like all that surgery, starvation type thing. I work out, not to lose weight but to stay in shape. And boy am i loving my curves or what??!! (that wasnt a question).

Plus Sized models are NOW accepted in the modelling world. Get a good agency or a company who needs you to model for them, Show them what you got, and baby you got a green flag. Go on 'head and strut your stuff.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by alberto: 11:31am On May 01, 2007
yo dude am so digusted cos u dont av line to spit so just self-service ur life out boi embarassed[i][/i][color=#770077][/color]
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by jidody(m): 12:13pm On May 01, 2007
Nice
spikedcylinder:

Zebudaya,your post was kindda uninformed. Not all big people eat all the food in the world,it doesnt work that way.
Take me for instance,the thinnest i have ever been in my life is a size 12. No matter how hard i try i just can never be thin. I hardly eat,in a day,i might just have a bite or pinch of something and this has been going on for months. The day i start to eat 3 square meals a day is the day i would baloon up meanwhile i have a friend who eats like a horse and remains a cute size 8. Right now am a size 16 and eventhough it would be nice to be slimmer, i still think am the finest woman to walk the face of the earth!!!lol (na joke o! I wowo!)

Anyway,what am trying to say is some people can just never be thin and as long as you're comfortable in the skin you're born in and you wear the right clothes. . . . what else?
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 01, 2007
Its really a sad situation but in a way we are all guilty of this emerging trend. Its is a western culture which is alien to us but now we laugh at people who are a shapely even if they are not fat we make derogratory statements aboutwomens bopdy thier arms, thier stomach etc. All people are created in the image of God judging people according to thier looks is like judging God. I dont mean to sound like a preacher but its sad how we worship a God called fashion and struggle to conform to fashion more than we struggle to go to heaven
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by One: 7:05pm On May 01, 2007
Size zero models have been banned in some countries. They are a bad role model and have made many a young girl develop anorexia and other dangerous eating disorders. I keep wondering how a malnourished woman would model a fine dress better than a full healthy woman.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by swiftycool(m): 12:40pm On May 02, 2007
speaking for a good number of guys, i'd say i prefer my chick with some flesh
undecided Hmmm i take that back, i loove chicks with a lotta flesh.
i think im tired of seeing skinny ass bitches on d walk
Give em sexxy plump chicks a chance too,
Some of us really like this
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by moondust(m): 2:06pm On May 02, 2007
sometimes i wonder why someone would want to look like a chopstick to feel good about themselves. I personally like Ladies with a lotta flesh on em, u know with manCHESTer and ASSnal well intact. u feel me fellas?
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by swiftycool(m): 7:43am On May 03, 2007
moondust:

sometimes i wonder why someone would want to look like a chopstick to feel good about themselves. I personally like Ladies with a lotta flesh on em, u know with manCHESTer and ASSnal well intact. u feel me fellas?

yeah thats what am talkin bout, true word Hommie wink
any other witness?
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by Nobody: 12:32am On May 05, 2007
Amen brother!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin preach it!!!
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by WesleyanA(f): 5:00pm On May 05, 2007
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
these are more like "average/ normal women" but modern American standards will consider them to be "fat"
being skinny is the "average" now. it's sad.

dove campaign for real beauty.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by Seun(m): 8:47pm On May 05, 2007

Got this link in my mailbox: www.myspace.com/missplusafrica
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by WesleyanA(f): 8:50pm On May 05, 2007
cool. the site isn't working but the ad says "coming soon" so i guess it's not ready yet.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by zigbo(f): 11:25pm On May 05, 2007
the dove girls rily look good and they should be what the media should consider as role models for young girls not them skinny ass models in page one nor celebs like nicole richie,keira knightely,amy wine house who went from a beautiful size12/14 to an outrageous size6 now that is nt pretty for a known full bodied woman etc.

i must commend Tyra Banks for her role in conveying the message of being comfortable,healthy and sexy even as a full figured lady

this is not intended to encourage over feeding,offcourse we know that overfeeding leads to obesity which is neither good for the body nor the heart.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by frankiriri(m): 7:10am On May 06, 2007
Any one calling those models fat should have his head examined
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by mystikal(m): 8:05pm On May 06, 2007
plus size chicks are sexy!!!
However some chicks (noticeably in Nigeria) ,slim and fleshy alike have this fleshy belly, sometimes its not really sexy!
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by simstar(f): 8:28pm On May 06, 2007
eeewwwwwwwwwwww shocked those pics were horrible :ojust horrible!
to think those clothes designers let those girls walk down the run way like that
i knew this size zero thing was bad but that! shocked
our girls need to be reprogrammed, really that wat i think they need!

F-L-E-S-H- G-O-O-D-!!!!! C-H-E-W-I-N-G- S-T-I-C-K- D-E-A-T-H-!!!!!!!!!
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by spikedcylinder: 12:51am On Aug 22, 2007
I think those photos are were edited with photshop.Those models dont look like that in real life at all.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by vivi(f): 2:13pm On Aug 22, 2007
i am naturaly very slim(not skiny) but i would love 2 have a bit more skin, clothes just fit realy nicely. those dove models r beautiful.
Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:18pm On May 05, 2008
its not about the size but the good looks
plus size ladies are beautiful if they have the
right attitude ,and fashion that meets their need!

Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:53pm On May 05, 2008
dont u just wish u were them grin grin

Re: Being A Plus-sized Model by princesa(f): 11:40am On Jun 06, 2008
i love girls who are fit, sexy and 8figure curved
dnt care if they are fat or thin wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, At What Age Did You Start Wearing Make-ups? / Photos: Top Nigerian Celebs Model Yomi Casual's New Collection / Trendy #ankara Styles And Designs 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.