Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:43 PM

Mass Emigration: Greed, Mere Adventure Or Survival Instincts? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mass Emigration: Greed, Mere Adventure Or Survival Instincts? (2565 Views)

Japa Vs Japada OR Emigration Vs Repatriation By Dr Olumide Emmanuel. / Adventure In Ireland / The Initial Stages Of Emigration For Those Who Moved From Nigeria To The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Emigration: Greed, Mere Adventure Or Survival Instincts? by salford: 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2018
I would exclude greed from your list because most people migrating are aware they would or might never make the kind of money they made in Nigeria, but they are more concerned about moving for things money can't buy in naija like peace of mind and better security.
Some can't stand the corruption and excessive cost of running governments in Nigeria while the masses are wretched and suffering. Just look at the Nigerian senate, house of reps, house of assembly etc...pls take a look at the caliber of people that have hijacked the government. Despite the excessive salary and benefits they give themselves, they still use their constituency allowance to buy cars and other luxury items for themselves. Religious houses are a major part of Nigeria's problems too. Remembering dino and all his stupidity and the oppressed youths hailing him on. I am angry at typing this alone sef.

1 Like

Re: Mass Emigration: Greed, Mere Adventure Or Survival Instincts? by salford: 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2018
Mizwisdom:

As of now, fresh loaf of bread is N250, go figure how many can be bought with N30k a month grin

Are you serious?
When i left Nigeria some years ago. Fresh loaf of agege bread was only 15 to 20 Naira. You can buy sliced bread for around 60 to 80 Naira.
There is inflation abroad too, but it is not as crazy as it is in Nigeria.
Re: Mass Emigration: Greed, Mere Adventure Or Survival Instincts? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2018
elderken:

I have both, anyway the country tilt, its either fight or flight

Dats it bro and d later will b better cus d formal is just a waste of time
Re: Mass Emigration: Greed, Mere Adventure Or Survival Instincts? by Mizwisdom(f): 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2018
salford:

Are you serious?
When i left Nigeria some years ago. Fresh loaf of agege bread was only 15 to 20 Naira. You can buy sliced bread for around 60 to 80 Naira.
There is inflation abroad too, but it is not as crazy as it is in Nigeria.

Our case is always more severe due to leadership problems and policies. I guess the inflation is a result of increases in minimum wage. I was referring to sliced bread though, it would be very good if we can get it for N80 as it used to be.
Re: Mass Emigration: Greed, Mere Adventure Or Survival Instincts? by Papertrail11(m): 10:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
mogbojaiye:

Everwhere good for na,big boy vacation na u o

We never even fit travel to the whole 36 state in nigeria na vacation I go go do for overseas? Big man

it's not about having too much money I just have this belief in Nigeria that this is the country I will make it

Was it not about 1.5yrs ago when one guy on nairaland made 150m or there about selling tomatoes just tomatoes ooo

the only thing that is killing today enterprenuers is access to credit

Nig is ready to give 20k x 12 to nysc corpers for loafing around the country but wouldn't give your fellow enterprenuers 200k to find a biz

Shame!!!

1 Like

Re: Mass Emigration: Greed, Mere Adventure Or Survival Instincts? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 28, 2018
Papertrail11:

it's not about having too much money I just have this belief in Nigeria that this is the country I will make it

Was it not about 1.5yrs ago when one guy on nairaland made 150m or there about selling tomatoes just tomatoes ooo

the only thing that is killing today enterprenuers is access to credit

Nig is ready to give 20k x 12 to nysc corpers for loafing around the country but wouldn't give your fellow enterprenuers 200k to find a biz

Shame!!!

20k to corpers? Does d money even sustain them b4 months ends? I just pity corpers way go sit down for another man state say he wants to change their economy, ,,dat corper wan just run from e family dats y he choosed a far destination

Everyone with his or her own opinion, if u choose to stay no wahala if u choose to leave no wahala. There is a certain amount of money u will have in dis country, d economy state of the country will make d money useless, d mistake my uncle made and regretted I will never make such a mistake

After hiting 5 million in a business he invested all and 9ja economy went down /recession he went back to square 1 again, even wen his friends adviced him to move out since day have long spent long years outside d country day kw d in and out of the country, he was adamant, ,,,now he regrets every bit of his action
Re: Mass Emigration: Greed, Mere Adventure Or Survival Instincts? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 28, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Our case is always more severe due to leadership problems and policies. I guess the inflation is a result of increases in minimum wage. I was referring to sliced bread though, it would be very good if we can get it for N80 as it used to be.

Say never
Say it again

Say bread can never b 80N again

Re: Mass Emigration: Greed, Mere Adventure Or Survival Instincts? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 28, 2018
salford:
I would exclude greed from your list because most people migrating are aware they would or might never make the kind of money they made in Nigeria, but they are more concerned about moving for things money can't buy in naija like peace of mind and better security.
Some can't stand the corruption and excessive cost of running governments in Nigeria while the masses are wretched and suffering. Just look at the Nigerian senate, house of reps, house of assembly etc...pls take a look at the caliber of people that have hijacked the government. Despite the excessive salary and benefits they give themselves, they still use their constituency allowance to buy cars and other luxury items for themselves. Religious houses are a major part of Nigeria's problems too. Remembering dino and all his stupidity and the oppressed youths hailing him on. I am angry at typing this alone sef.

Bro calm down try drink water, dont forget in nigeria we are know to suffer and also smile even foreigners knows dat
Re: Mass Emigration: Greed, Mere Adventure Or Survival Instincts? by Contumely: 9:24am On Jan 07, 2019

Bro calm down try drink water, dont forget in nigeria we are know to suffer and also smile even foreigners knows dat

Maybe because of religion

(1) (2) (Reply)

Visa / Senegal Embassy Site Plsssssss / Ukranine Admission: Apply In Their Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.