Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman (7023 Views)

Muhammad Sanusi: Nigerians Selling Votes, INEC, Police Not Neutral / Oko Oloyun: Afenifere Asks Police Not To Cover-Up Yusuf’s Murder / Deji Adeyanju Arrested During 'Police Not Politician' Protest In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by Trizzi: 1:05pm On Dec 26, 2018
Previously: 'There is a plan by the IG to arrest me today and inject me to death' - Dino Melaye

The Nigeria Police Force, on Wednesday, denied plans to arrest and kill Senator Dino Melaye.

A statement by Police spokesman, DCP Jimooh Moshood said a statement attributed to Senator Dino Melaye, captioned “IG plans to arrest me, inject me to death,” is false.

Moshood said: “The Force is categorically stating that the statement is mischievous, malicious, capable of misleading the public and laughable.”

He added that, “there was no such order from the Inspector General of Police or any plan by the Force to arrest Senator Dino Melaye and inject him to death.”

However, the Police said: “But if the Senator knows he had committed any crime or he is aware of his involvement in any crime, he should come out and confess and face the legal consequences instead of whipping up sentiments to distract the public.”

“The Force sees such defamatory, mischievous, malicious and reckless statement by Senator Dino Melaye as untrue, ridiculous, mischievous and unfortunate.”

Moshood added that: “Members of the public are hereby enjoined to disregard and discountenance the statement by Senator Dino Melaye in its entirety as untrue and mischievous.”

He also said Melaye should know that his statement constitute a criminal defamatory offence, hate speech and hateful conduct.

“He should however, as a law maker, be law abiding and desist from un-senatorial and lawless utterances that cannot be substantiated with facts.

“The Inspector General of Police will not be distracted by statements from the likes of Senator Dino Melaye but will continue to ensure that the rule of law prevails in all matters,” the police stated.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/12/police-not-planning-to-arrest-kill-dino.html

3 Likes

Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by martineverest(m): 1:33pm On Dec 26, 2018
arresting Dino will be very useless....policebshould be patient,as February isn't too far .

PDPd fake news are like...........dino and his foooolish reverse psychology sha

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by sanchybaby: 1:33pm On Dec 26, 2018
Up there is a wizard. cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by Aventador: 1:33pm On Dec 26, 2018
B
Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by NaijaMutant(f): 1:33pm On Dec 26, 2018
I love Dino's psychology grin

The police are now on the defensive grin

If anything happens to happens to Dino

Even if it's a mosquito bite, or any form of threat to his life, the Police will be held liable grin

Good development

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by Enigmaticprof(m): 1:34pm On Dec 26, 2018
Dino is an uncultured, unrefined and a result of our dysfunctional electoral system and college. Hope Kogi citizens would be wise to vote him out next year.

7 Likes

Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by oluwasegun007(m): 1:35pm On Dec 26, 2018
This guy need to change in this 2019....

They are always planning to kill him....lubbish.
Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by dejonathan(f): 1:35pm On Dec 26, 2018
Na everything Nigeria police dey react to....who still dey take dino serious after his mission impossible in the woods

2 Likes

Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by Optimusprime(m): 1:35pm On Dec 26, 2018
Very funny.
Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by Pruwa: 1:36pm On Dec 26, 2018
We you guys ever agree even if you guys are having the intention to do it

1 Like

Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 26, 2018
Police no arrest better people na dino the go arrest
Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by notoriousbabe: 1:38pm On Dec 26, 2018
I ate Dino with passion

1 Like

Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by dalongjnr: 1:40pm On Dec 26, 2018
Hehehe... "the monkey in the tree shadow" master. senator "garri remix". the police and the senator are not serious.
Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by Trouble1: 1:40pm On Dec 26, 2018
NaijaMutant:

Even if it's a mosquito bite, or any form of threat to his life, the Police will be held liable grin

Good development
Igbos always think like fish

2 Likes

Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by Ubdavis(m): 1:41pm On Dec 26, 2018
I think the Nigerian police does not have work to do by brushing shoulders with Dino.
Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by tunjijones(m): 1:42pm On Dec 26, 2018
Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by DMerciful(m): 1:45pm On Dec 26, 2018
So they even responded?
Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by Triangles1(m): 1:45pm On Dec 26, 2018
Guilty conscience on dino.
Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by ekestic1976(f): 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2018
It's like the police don't have much to do this season! I wonder why anyone should react to any wailing from Climber Dino?
Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by contigiency(m): 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2018
NaijaMutant:

Good development

Look at how foolish you sound. you think that if anything happen to dino that any police officer will loose his job? Nothing will happen. investigation will only be going on the same way it's going on in the case of badeh the former National security adviser who was recently murdered.

Dino and his supporters are foolish and don't know they are living on borrowed fame. But no problem, February 2019 is very near when the boys will be separated from the men.

4 Likes

Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by Omeokachie: 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2018
Should we believe the Nigeria police?
Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by OboOlora(f): 1:47pm On Dec 26, 2018
Ok
Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by aguiyi2: 1:54pm On Dec 26, 2018
Drama boy Dino.
Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by Samirana360(m): 1:56pm On Dec 26, 2018
dino my man....I nazo onwegi
Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by michoim(m): 2:03pm On Dec 26, 2018
Police get time to reply this clown called Dino Melaye
Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by PStacks(m): 2:31pm On Dec 26, 2018
Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by foreshore(m): 3:09pm On Dec 26, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman by samteam: 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2018
i think Dino did the right by raising alarm before hand, this will cripple the plan of the police if at all there was anything like that.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Insecurity: Ugwuanyi, Umahi, Ikpeazu Other South-East Governors Meet In Enugu / Tension Biafran Youths Burn Hausa Houses VIDEO / Mahmood Yakubu: Nigerian Voters More Than Voters In Entire West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.