Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

What Has 2018 Taught You? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Has 2018 Taught You? (8685 Views)

What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You / What Has 2021 Taught You / What has 2019 taught you as an Entrepreneur? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by Fr33born(m): 11:56am On Dec 27, 2018
that that....
Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by adewuyia2014(m): 11:56am On Dec 27, 2018
Same old stuffs...........
Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 27, 2018
IT HAS TAUGHT ME THAT RENDERING HELP TO PEOPLE ISN'T WORTH IT

4 Likes

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 27, 2018
It taught me i shouldn't rush to wer i don't hv reliable source of income, as a graduate dis year i went to lagos to search for greener pastures only to get Red pastures, I went bk wit nothing

10 Likes

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by churchee: 11:58am On Dec 27, 2018
It taught me how to defer gratification.

2 Likes

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by Hyfer(m): 11:59am On Dec 27, 2018
It taught me that staying idle won't take you anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by adeiza4u(m): 11:59am On Dec 27, 2018
It has taught me this simple truth- God answers Prayers.

5 Likes

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by Bowwow11(m): 11:59am On Dec 27, 2018
year 2018 thought me how to talk less and do more

2 Likes

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2018
It taught me that those devils we call aunties and uncles are the biggest challenge we face in this life....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by Vibesking(m): 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2018
My 2018 was mostly marked by depression.
Working hard and not seeing results for your input can leave you doubting your capabilities. Knowing you're supposed to have attained a certain feat in your life but you're still struggling to set sail.
Nonetheless, 2018 has taught me perseverance, patience and character. These are attributes I never would have learnt if I hadn't encountered the set backs I faced this year.
2018 taught me never to depend on anyone. Never to build my happiness on people's approval, and never to stop believing that tomorrow would be better than today.
I made mistakes, and I learnt as well. I failed, but I got back up. In all, 2018 has been fruitful since I got to discover I possessed strength I never thought I had.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by magiki(m): 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2018
It taught me to save because famine will be at its peak after Buhari will be re-elected in 2019

1 Like

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by RealityShot: 12:02pm On Dec 27, 2018
alignacademy:
Always keep an eye out for opportunity

Contrary to the popular myth, opportunity does NOT come only once.

It's more like every second!

However, they usually aren't easy to spot because they don't have a clear notice board announcing "LOOK! I am an opportunity!"

Unless you get trained to spot and act on opportunity, all the goal-setting in the world won't help you much

So...

What has 2018 taught YOU?

Please share
focus on one thing
Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by ayomilore: 12:03pm On Dec 27, 2018
To trust only in God.
People you don't believe will let you down will do so without blinking an eye.

2 Likes

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by tetula123(m): 12:03pm On Dec 27, 2018
no one cares about your ordeals in life. They only sympathise with you because morally it's right to

8 Likes

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by okwabayi(m): 12:03pm On Dec 27, 2018
It taught me nothing.
Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by notoriousbabe: 12:04pm On Dec 27, 2018
CodeBlooded:
not even English Language......
get out
Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by Btruth: 12:05pm On Dec 27, 2018
to be bold and still remain focus.

1 Like

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by Onnasucs1(m): 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2018
1.Take risk. If it comes out well, it is to your advantage, if it doesn't, it is still to your advantage cheesy I took the biggest risk of my life this year.

2.You can only make money if you improve your value. cheesy this year, I paid 50k to learn a skill that many people learn for just 5k.

3.Help people out because it's more fun if we all win together.

4. Only few people really care about you. Drop off the entitlement mentality

5.Hustling is a must

8 Likes

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by Diso60090(m): 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2018
UnknownT:
Salary alone is not worth it. Other sources of income is a must 2019

Nor go into KP or plus ooh if you want make them Nor show you for CNN or NTN

Good luck sha
Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by lilmax(m): 12:08pm On Dec 27, 2018
sexymoma:
Taught me to never trust a man who has a babymama.... the man, your relationship and the babymama will confuse you.
Taught me to hustle alone, don't rely on any f. body
Taught me to make honesty my lifestyle and not a necessity
Taught me you may be with someone that genuinely loves you buh may too foolish to discover him/her... dating lies upandan
Taught me Karma is a farm tool.. the thing dey nyash around ni.... Do good abeg
smh
Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by NairaExam690(m): 12:09pm On Dec 27, 2018
To mind my business.
Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by KingOvo(m): 12:09pm On Dec 27, 2018
shocked
2018 has taught me quite a lot.

The first is the importance of having good friends; unlike other years before now, this year was quite tough, financially and personally, but my friends gave me strength throughout even in cases where i could not find a way and everything had to be in a rush, they came through for me with such aplomb, i am grateful for them. one thing to note too is that to have good friends, you need to be one too, nobody should forget that.
Another thing is the importance of making the best of opportunities, because indeed opportunities come but once.
a case in point is this business i got to know about way before some of my friends, i kept procrastinating saying i'd eventually do it until the stuff went out of vogue, some of my friends i told about it are millionaires now, will i am, well... thank God.

And yes, greed kills
Sports betting isn't an investment too.

Take the lessons and have a better 2019.
I will be back here then, in a better place.
cheers

1 Like

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by Olamsoh: 12:09pm On Dec 27, 2018
Suicides piss me off. I can't explain it but once I hear a person took their own life I get fucking mad. We're out here trying to stay alive and you just took your own life you ungrateful little Bleep. You shouldn't have had that life to begin with, someone else deserved it.
social media has presented suicide as a considerable option. You ask how? You see how much love, care and support is on display when a person commits suicide? That's a major problem. We pamper suicides too much, thus letting it have its way.

That's aside, they think it's a solution to their problems. What nonsense. You guys have been pampered enough, you need someone to talk sense I to you. Your problems don't go away, only you do and most times it's transferred to a person who's unprepared.

They, in turn, get frustrated because they inherited problems they aren't prepared for and when it starts to seem like nothing is working, suicide starts to look good and since someone they know and probably looked up to did it, well, the cycle continues. I've joined campaigns to stop suicide. I've begged, I've pleaded, and people are still taking their own life. I wish life can be transferred, I won't think twice about transferring that life to someone who actually wanted to live but isn't alive right now.

Honestly, if you don't want to annoy me, keep anything relating to suicides away. I don't want to hear or see that a person, no matter the reason, took their own life. Don't give me any speech about depression, I know about depression, I fought the damn thing and I had nobody.

Don't tell me people aren't as strong as I am because that's bullshit. We're strong in our different ways and you have no idea how strong you really are until it's the only option you have left. Suicide is never an option. People have been through far worse and came out on top.

So don't tell me any crap about me being insensitive or I don't understand. I understand perfectly well that they are ungrateful and undeserving
If you have mental/psychological issues, find help. People are willing to help for free. Friends, even strangers want you to stay alive & you still want to die. You're very mad and you deserve to burn in hell for putting the people you leave behind through such emotional torture.

There's always a way out. I mean always, no exceptions whatsoever. Even if you choose to not believe in God your options are still numerous, but, no, you won't think that way instead you think of giving up completely, you idiot.

Go to a hospital and donate your organs, you'll save lives. People need those organs. At the very least, give your death meaning.
If you're reading this and you're still contemplating suicide for whatever reason, I want you to know that you're very cruel and very ungrateful. I made this thread of my own volition, out of the irritation of how we've accommodated the idea of taking one's own life. I will not tolerate or pamper it anymore. You don't own the life, you didn't give it to yourself, God did and you insult Him by taking it so meaninglessly.

To the guy that lost his girlfriend to suicide yesterday being a day after Christmas, I'm sorry you had to go through that. You didn't deserve it and you should've known but don't listen to anyone blaming you for not knowing. It wasn't your fault. She made a choice on her own.
A lot of you disagree, but that's okay. Let me put in another angle. Let's take suicide off the table. Imagine humans are immortal and cannot be killed, what do you think will happen? You think they won't find a way to deal with whatever issues they have? You guys are joking..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by Fitz22(f): 12:10pm On Dec 27, 2018
- That God answers prayer
- Faith without work is nothing
- To let God take the wheel
-God sees it all
-anything is possible is you believe it

1 Like

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by vioment: 12:11pm On Dec 27, 2018
That a whole Nigeria is a failure and might be a chronic failure even past 2118.
Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by Diso60090(m): 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
Time waste while enjoying is not wasted

Life is what you make of it �

1 Like

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by Blankstare(m): 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2018
Don't respond to every criticism or f.ools bullshit.

2 Likes

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by calliope(f): 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2018
1.My Biggest Lesson this year is someone could mean 'Heaven and earth to you' while you mean Nigeria to this person.

Dont give out Love/attention where its not equally reciprocated. smiley

2. God answers prayers, so be careful what you pray for and be precise because you might just get what you asked for.
Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by Michael820(m): 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2018
If it’s too good to be true, it’s not true...

Getting it right now is not enough...

Opportunity does not come once...

I too matters..

You don’t have to get it right all the time, but you have to have more rights than wrongs..so you have to embrace failure and learn from it

3 Likes

Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by noble71(m): 12:14pm On Dec 27, 2018
2018 taught me never to be greedy! Lost 6 Million naira to cryptocurrency Trading cus of greed.
Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by jclassiq(m): 12:16pm On Dec 27, 2018
sexymoma:
Taught me to never trust a man who has a babymama.... the man, your relationship and the babymama will confuse you.
Taught me to hustle alone, don't rely on any f. body
Taught me to make honesty my lifestyle and not a necessity
Taught me you may be with someone that genuinely loves you buh may too foolish to discover him/her... dating lies upandan
Taught me Karma is a farm tool.. the thing dey nyash around ni.... Do good abeg

how can someone love you genuinely and be dating lies upandan?
Re: What Has 2018 Taught You? by door2(m): 12:17pm On Dec 27, 2018
place ur believe in God not man..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GTBank Half Year Profit hit N100billion / Foreign Investors Buy Out Nigerian Shareholders In Seven-up / FREE EBOOK - An Enemy Called Average

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.