Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Being A Successful Dog Breeder - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Being A Successful Dog Breeder (392 Views)

Any Dog Breeder In Aba (come In) / Diary Of A First Time Dog Breeder With 9 Solid Boerboel Pups / Must Read: How To Be A Responsible Dog Breeder and stop breeding junks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being A Successful Dog Breeder by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 27, 2018
dog breeding is not just about getting a male and female dog and putting them together to reproduce puppies. Dog breeding is about quality, you have to get the best quality you can get your hands on, when I say the best quality, I mean the purest of the pure, if possible import one from abroad, either a stud and a bitch or just a stud by itself because if you import only a bitch then chances are you may not be able to find a worthy stud for the bitch.

Also, dog breeding takes patience, it is not something you just run in to and expect some kind of magic No! it takes time and money, yes Money is very important, you need money to feed them, shelter them, and keep them in good health too. That is why to be a successful dog breeder, you need to be a dog lover, don't just do it for profit, do it out of passion, do it out of the passion you have for dogs because if you do it for profit only without having passion, you will only end up getting frustrated which can ruin everything because with out passion you will not be able to exercise that patience and full commitment that is needed.

That is why it is very important to breed dogs as a hobby rather than just for profit, you need to take your time, love the dogs, take very good care of them and that hobby will bring in profit at the time you expect it least.

lastly, the practice of dog breeding should be a side thing not something to do for livelihood because like I said, you need money to keep it going, so is better to do this if you already have a paying job or another business that is already bringing in money. Then maybe after you establish yourself as a reputable breeder with a huge customer base then you can finally retire or quit your job if you want to and go in to it full time.

(1) (Reply)

Y Is My 3 Month Old Female Gsd Not Eating / Boerboel Puppy / Looking For Rottweiler Or German Shepherd Stud In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.