Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring (31031 Views)

Why Sanusi Was Removed As Kano Emir – State Government / Again Osinbajo Tackles Atiku On Restructuring / Reno Omokri's TEDx Talk On Restructuring, Everyone Is Talking About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by IamJames: 12:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
Why do we even have Islamic police in the first place? Is this constitutional? Is this not equivalent to state police which the FG don't want?

12 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 27, 2018
basilo101:
These are the real yoruba leaders. Tinubu and his slaves are selfish political contractors
you mean tinubu the drugbaron and his cocaine sniffing BMC boys?

9 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by dododawa1: 12:42pm On Dec 27, 2018
Lord Lugard caused all this problem in Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by ehardetola(m): 12:43pm On Dec 27, 2018
They should allow my people in sanbo gari to enjoy there beer in peace now. No beer and premium olosho no sanbo gari for Kano be that.

Lemme go confirm my beer first...

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Xander85: 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2018
baliyubla:
Imagine a Nigeria without these Islamic fundamentalists. Since that's not possible now, the closest to that is restructuring, as then no one will care what happens in their shitty arse.

Restructuring ain't gonna happen! That's if the core northern muslim states have a say in the matter!

What might happen just to appease the gullible and daft south is the adoption of some useless watered-down version of restructuring....just to shut us up! wink

6 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 27, 2018
IamJames:
Why do we even have Islamic police in the first pls? Is this constitutional? Is this not equivalent to state police which the FG don't want?
Christians should be sleeping. Let them not form their own police.

7 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by femtex007(m): 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2018
Ok. Their governor can collect dollar but pple can't drink beer. Rubish

7 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by xelly: 12:48pm On Dec 27, 2018
The brewery company is a tax payer oooo, yet his products are destroyed by someone that receives allocation from the FG. Well, Nigeria is a shithole otherwise, me think the company would have filled a suit and claim damages.

5 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by GGirll: 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2018
Hypocrites are shouting law of sharia but proscribed other regions militia as terrorists except opc.....God is watching you guys n until Nigeria goes up in flames you guys will not stop attacking others....as for anifere or whatever they are called....stop d double standard n try for once to be real n not chamelionic double tongued standard that the yorubas are known for. ....of a truth d real problem of Nigeria is this chamelionic tribe lol...quote your ancestors n leave me alone....enjoy your chains you voted in to destroy a delta named Gej

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Fash20: 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2018
Hypocrite everywhere... I waiting to see one dumb child that will come and defend what the kano government did.

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by FoolishBoy419: 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2018
goodnessme1:
This one of the reason islam can never sell in biafra land.

Imagine stopping guys here from drinking beer when celebrating things.
na anger they go use chase allah and mohammed go back to saudi-arabia.

If you no drink beer for this life waitin you get.

As if anyone wants to associate woth your doomed, imaginary dreamlandgrin

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by yungcheda(m): 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2018
The north is Nigeria's problem I swear

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by NothingDoMe: 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2018
Homeboiy:
Kano should just help us bring down the beers to Benin city

we will gladly accept it
I trust Benin people

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Blacknight28: 1:11pm On Dec 27, 2018
Common sense should tell us that the problem of Nigeria is the illiteracy, ignorance and hypocritic nature of the Hausa man but common sense we lack dats y d North gets a way with everything they do.

9 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by notoriousbabe: 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
I ate Islam with passion

You see these guys from abroad, the way I'm looking at them with my left breast..hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Ubdavis(m): 1:13pm On Dec 27, 2018
I blame it in religion.
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by wink2015(m): 1:14pm On Dec 27, 2018
obembet:
The pan-Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, on Wednesday described the destruction of alcoholic beverages by the Kano State Government as hypocritical, arguing that the state, which collects one of the highest amounts from Value Added Tax (VAT) from other states, where such beverages are sold, should not be enjoying the benefits of taxes from goods it has prohibited contrary to Nigerian laws.

The Kano State Islamic Police (Hisbah) had disclosed that its office confiscated and destroyed about 60,000 cartons of beers in accordance with an Islamic law against the production and sale of alcoholic beverages in the state, saying it acted in line with a law passed by the Kano State House of Assembly.

But National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, said, “We do not begrudge Kano State if they are against the sale and production of beer in their state. What we are saying is that Nigeria is bigger than Kano State, and there is no law in the Nigerian constitution that forbids the production and sale of alcoholic beverages in the country. But what they have done is hypocritical, because Kano State shares in VAT revenues and collects more than some states, where beer is being sold.

“That is one of the reasons we are demanding for a restructuring of the country. Each state should collect its VAT and only remit due VAT to the Federal Government. VAT should not be wholly remitted to the Federal Government to be shared among all the states of the Federation. The states where beers are produced and sold should collect and keep their VAT, because the benefit of such revenue generation efforts should not be given to states that do not want beer in their territories. It is very hypocritical of the Kano State Government to have done that.”

The Kano State Hisbah Board Public Relations Officer, Malam Adamu Yahaya, said it seized and destroyed more than 30 trailer loads of beer, with each trailer having almost 2,000 cartons.

Yahaya said that the cartons of beer were destroyed on Monday evening after interception at Kalebawa on Danbata Road in Dawakin Tofa area.

“The Kano State Law No. 4 of 2004 has banned the manufacture and use of intoxicants in the state. Furthermore, an order was given by a magistrates’ court for us to go ahead with the exercise,” the public relations officer said.

Yahaya warned those selling beer to stay within their limits. He appealed to members of the public to be of good conduct and be one another’s keeper.

Source: https://nigeriancurrent.com/2018/12/26/afenifere-kicks-as-kano-govt-destroys-beer-insists-on-restructuring/

WHICH LAW IN THE CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AUTHORIZED "HISBAH CORPS" TO OPERATE?

The Buhari administration is against the creation of State Police but they are empowering Hisbah corps which is an Islamic state police.

The federal government is pursuing Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB group but allow Hisbah to operate freely in the north.

The federal government is pursuing Niger delta militant and nobody is arresting the killer fulani herdsmen.

And they want this country to remain a united country?

My take on this issue of sharing vat allocation to states that is restricting the sales and consumption of alcohol is that it should be reviewed immediately and the vat allocation stopped.

Only states that is promoting the sales and consumption of alcoholic drinks should benefit from vat taxes.

The need for the restructuring of Nigeria is necessary to correct all this abnormalities.

6 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by osazsky(m): 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2018
And watch them fight for those bottles if only d content wasn't beer but camel urine,Islam is a curse, Muslims can believe anything just tell them that u saw it in d quoran,I told my Muslim friend that I saw something in d quoran.he said what did u see,I told him that the Cable-stayed bridge. The Russky Bridge in Vladivostok which has a central span of 1104 metres is for sale and dongote bought it ,he shouted its true na,before I could finish my statement

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Dpharisee: 1:19pm On Dec 27, 2018
Real Yorubas speaking not Afonjas who betrayed their people and sold Ilorin to Fulanis

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Richard2010(m): 1:22pm On Dec 27, 2018
cry

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by 6tuz2468(m): 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2018
BiafraBushBoy:
lol...

Why are they kicking?

Please allow them to destroy beer and others, it is dangerous to the health.

I also heard that destroying beer will reduce the amount of gays, tramadol, and soakaway inhalers addicts in the North... grin

Allow them to destroy it jare, before Allah will vex for you now.
.one day Hisbah will stop you from eating ur own native food or making love with ur wife in the north.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Guestlander: 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2018
If beer production and consumption is legal under Nigerian laws then what the hisbah is doing is criminal.
If you don't want to drink beer for religious reasons don't go near a bar. You absolutely have no right to deny the right of other Nigerians who wants to drink beer.

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by MrIMF: 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2018
You destroy beer yet drug is consumed like water . Bunch of hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by mansamusa08(m): 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2018
Alcohol remained banned in Kano state. If Afenifere like, it can make consumption of alcohol mandatory for Southwestern state.
They the economic, social and security threats posed by intoxicants by far outweigh the benefit derived from meager amount of VAT that accrues from sale of alcohol.
Kano is Alcohol free zone!!!

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Guestlander: 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2018
mansamusa08:
Alcohol remained banned in Kano state. If Afenifere like, it can make consumption of alcohol mandatory for Southwestern state.
They the economic, social and security threats posed by intoxicants by far outweigh the benefit derived from meager amount of VAT that accrues from sale of alcohol.
Kano is Alcohol free zone!!!

What are the economic, social and security threats posed by consumption of alcohol?
There's zero tolerance for alcohol in Saudi Arabia, is Saudi Arabia better than Canada economically, socially and security wise?
Nigeria will eventually be restructured, there's no other way.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Habeyy(m): 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2018
grin
A place where drinking beer is illegal but taking bribe by high ranking state official is allowed.

Kano kano
The pride of the north indeed

5 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by joshjc(m): 1:55pm On Dec 27, 2018
Homeboiy:
Kano should just help us bring down the beers to Benin city

we will gladly accept it
no be lie,only 3 joint go finish am within a day

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by ofwest47(m): 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2018
The afenifebis are not concerned about the brain effect the over taking of alcohols has caused the society.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Habeyy(m): 1:58pm On Dec 27, 2018
Guestlander:
If beer production and consumption is legal under Nigerian laws then what the hisbah is doing is criminal.
If you don't want to drink beer for religious reasons don't go near a bar. You absolutely have no right to deny the right of other Nigerians who wants to drink beer.
My brother ,most things we do or say in the name of religion are pure and undiluted hypocrisy
Double standard ...I just wonder why we reason anticlockwise in this part of the world.

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by snowball11(m): 1:59pm On Dec 27, 2018
The other day we read on how the Army, sent by the APC government of course,rushed to Nonwa (Rivers state) in chasing men and women of the Rivers state neighbourhood watch outta their camp!

Now what the heck is Hisbah, if not a terrorist arm of the Islamic people of Kano! undecided

Restructure this gaddam country already! undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zabarmari: ‘we Informed The Military Of Coming Attack But Nothing Was Done’ / Ali Modu Sheriff May Emerge As APC Consensus Candidate / Pay Me My Money - Fasehun To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.