Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring (31032 Views)

Why Sanusi Was Removed As Kano Emir – State Government / Again Osinbajo Tackles Atiku On Restructuring / Reno Omokri's TEDx Talk On Restructuring, Everyone Is Talking About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by TommyAnthem(m): 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2018
Why don't they ban religious riots.

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Baroba(m): 2:03pm On Dec 27, 2018
Hisbah police? Yet Nnamdi kanu's ragtag security force was one of the reasons IPOB were proscribed.. Keep believing we are all equal in this contraption called Nigeria...

6 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by uprightman(m): 2:04pm On Dec 27, 2018
tysontim:
For the first time I support this group, Kano should not share VAT from beer
That is why I like Egyptian goalkeeper. He won "the man of the match" in world cup but rejected it when he found out that "Bruiser" a alcohol company is the sponsor of the award.

5 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by TommyAnthem(m): 2:07pm On Dec 27, 2018
AWUSA NO GO GREE
asuustrike1:
Producer of beer should relocate or stop sending their products there. Aside that I agree with the Afenifere that each VAT revenue shouldn't be shared equally by each state rather states should impose it and remit a certain percentage to the federal government. However this requires amending the VAT ACT of 2007. Currently the federal government gets 15%, state 50% while local government 35%. What should be done is for state to remit 15% to federal while they share the remainder. Similar thing should be done to petroleum profit tax too

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by bopm: 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2018
stupidity is when u destroy bottles of beer yet ur state has highest ranking drug addicts on codeine, tramadol, cow faeces, etc.

5 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by orisa37: 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2018
The President of Nigeria, The C in C of The Armed Forces, a Retired General of The Army now wants to Eat his Cake and still have it squaredly in his Palm.
He wants to remain an Autocrats and enjoy being described a Democrats. What a Selfish Motive!
The sw, se, ss and the cs, the NLC, NUC, NASS and the State Assemblies of the 36 States of The Federation and the Student and Youth Groups everywhere SHOULD START TO PROTEST "NO FURTHER ELECTIONS UNTILL FULL AUTONOMY OF POLICE, ELECTIONS AND RESOURCES CONTROL ARE CONSTITUTIONALLY GRANTED TO OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES".
Nigeria is forever one. So The F.G shall manage Federal Institutions and Parastatals and for its Funding adjust with Incomes from these within the 10% uniform contributions from the 36 States.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by crossfm: 2:10pm On Dec 27, 2018
DynasTee:
The beer manufacturers should stop taking their products to these evil States.
Everyone knows that their way of thinking is out of this world
while I undastand your point,but will kano state also stop sharing the money generated from the sale of alcohol.they should restructure this country that is the way out.

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by samsam2019: 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2018
Keep shouting stupid restructuring when all we need is to break this useless country up

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by deolu2000(m): 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2018
The rate at which beer is consumed in the north you will be amazed but in their hypocrisy they form sharia in the public. I just wish we restructure and some ill minded States won't benefits from the proceeds of what they claim to frown at. Hisbah police should go and raid governor Gandollar and stop him from collecting kick backs, or sharia supports proceeds of corruption?

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by soflygerian(m): 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2018
wink2015:

WHICH LAW IN THE CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AUTHORIZED "HISBAH CORPS" TO OPERATE?

The Buhari administration is against the creation of State Police but they are empowering Hisbah corps which is an Islamic state police.

The federal government is pursuing Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB group but allow Hisbah to operate freely in the north.

The federal government is pursuing Niger delta militant and nobody is arresting the killer fulani herdsmen.

And they want this country to remain a united country?

My take on this issue of sharing vat allocation to states that is restricting the sales and consumption of alcohol is that it should be reviewed immediately and the vat allocation stopped.

Only states that is promoting the sales and consumption of alcoholic drinks should benefit from vat taxes.

The need for the restructuring of Nigeria is necessary to correct all this abnormalities.
The Sharia law as recognised in the constitution gives it backing
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by busayo2uk: 2:51pm On Dec 27, 2018
Receive Sense IJN

ALCOHOLKILLS:
they should support the destruction jooor, after all 90% of yorubas are Muslims cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by movetoca: 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2018
Guestlander:

What are the economic, social and security threats posed by consumption of alcohol?
There's zero tolerance for alcohol in Saudi Arabia, is Saudi Arabia better than Canada economically, socially and security wise?
Nigeria will eventually be restructured, there's no other way.
Comparing Saudi Arabia to Canada is like comparing darkness and light. Saudi is the head quarter of terrorist organizations and their sponsors. That's why they don't want their brothers from Iraq or Syria into their country. I know one day all the jihadist they're sponsoring worldwide will bomb them out of this earth. Evil country

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Jahwinaboy(m): 3:29pm On Dec 27, 2018
Olamsoh:
In 2015 Presidential election:
APC/Buhari: 15,424,921 votes.
PDP/Jonathan: 12,853,162 votes.

In 2018, the unemployed Nigerians: 20.9 million

The unemployed Nigerians alone can decide who becomes our next President if they can vote for one candidate BUT
Sadly, many unemployed Nigerians don't have PVC and here we are

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by macello4(m): 3:35pm On Dec 27, 2018
baliyubla:
Imagine a Nigeria without these Islamic fundamentalists. Since that's not possible now, the closest to that is restructuring, as then no one will care what happens in their shitty arse.
tho am from north u make sence. We and animal have the same blood running in our gin. Sorry if i offend with my comment.
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Jahwinaboy(m): 3:37pm On Dec 27, 2018
TheAngry1:
Sometimes I just wonder in shock at how we behave in this country! You collect tax from alcohol, but you'll not allow alcohol sale in your state? What kind of rubbish is that? Is this religion or just stupidity?
Its called collecting in style.....
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Thonee(m): 3:54pm On Dec 27, 2018
This is absolute rubbish, but they can smoke at least 20 packs if cigarettes daily and it's not a sin.
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Xander85: 4:15pm On Dec 27, 2018
Blacknight28:
Common sense should tell us that the problem of Nigeria is the illiteracy, ignorance and hypocritic nature of the Hausa man but common sense we lack dats y d North gets a way with everything they do.

Turns out common sense isn't as common as we thought! lipsrsealed
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Xander85: 4:16pm On Dec 27, 2018
samsam2019:
Keep shouting stupid restructuring when all we need is to break this useless country up

Hehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Xander85: 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
TheAngry1:
Sometimes I just wonder in shock at how we behave in this country! You collect tax from alcohol, but you'll not allow alcohol sale in your state? What kind of rubbish is that? Is this religion or just stupidity?

My money is on 'stupidity'! lipsrsealed
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by kings09(m): 4:30pm On Dec 27, 2018
baliyubla:
Imagine a Nigeria without these Islamic fundamentalists. Since that's not possible now, the closest to that is restructuring, as then no one will care what happens in their shitty arse.
Cc madridguy, sarrki
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by HomeOfMe(f): 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2018
baliyubla:
True.
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by magzey: 5:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
Good work by Kano state Govt. At least crime will reduce �

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 27, 2018
Northern Muslims are pretenders and hypocrite s,I was in an hotel in Sabon gari,kano see as their youths dey clear bottles and their ladies prostitute wella
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by paix(m): 6:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
What baffles me more is, they allow drugs that destroy their youths to flourish right in their domain without doing much to fight the menace.
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by paix(m): 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2018
otuekong1:
Northern Muslims are pretenders and hypocrite s,I was in an hotel in Sabon gari,kano see as their youths dey clear bottles and their ladies prostitute wella
I agree with you in totality. They're just doing this to impress the Islamic world, perhaps for financial assistance.
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by francisj(m): 6:16pm On Dec 27, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by chigo245: 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2018
the kano government should go for tramadol Destroy.
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by deltaisgreat: 7:17pm On Dec 27, 2018
Okay am from Delta State. Now I will use my powerful influence to move my people to buy pig next week, kill it on Friday morning and spread the blood on every street in Delta state. I will make sure the exercise continue for 10 years. Every Friday in the Niger Delta Region.
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Phred1717: 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
Sometimes I ask myself Why do I come from same country with this people, That don't see things normally. You enjoy d benfits of taxes from a free society n you impose your so called laws to fool yourself
Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by Greatzeus(m): 8:50pm On Dec 27, 2018
I don't drink but that doesn't mean I am against those who do. Nevertheless this law has been enacted in Kano since 2004,why then are the distributors still carrying Alcohol to Kano? I blame them for this not Kano government. Since you know the law exist,what you can do if you don't agree is to fight for the law to be repealed,but before then you have to obey the law of the state. Let's put emotion aside,a lot of alcohol products have been destroyed over the years,yet you still carrying your goods there to sell, isn't that stupidity

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by seunjungle1(m): 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2018
Nigeria should divide into two separate ways; christian one way and Muslim the other. Country will be at peace

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring by osazsky(m): 9:47pm On Dec 27, 2018
Greatzeus:
I don't drink but that doesn't mean I am against those who do. Nevertheless this law has been enacted in Kano since 2004,why then are the distributors still carrying Alcohol to Kano? I blame them for this not Kano government. Since you know the law exist,what you can do if you don't agree is to fight for the law to be repealed,but before then you have to obey the law of the state. Let's put emotion aside,a lot of alcohol products have been destroyed over the years,yet you still carrying your goods there to sell, isn't that stupidity
the stupidity here is for immans to be destroying laptops,phones and preach against yahoo but once yahoo boys harma better cash all imams run to them to collect their share from d proceeds of yahoo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Military Takes Delivery Of Two Jets Loaded With Weapons / Ifeanyi Ubah, Set To Dump YPP For APC - AnaedoOnline.com / Toyin Saraki Celebrates Mother, Erelu Ojuolape Ojora On 83rd Birthday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.