Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

I Need Help On Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Help On Fasting (578 Views)

Download Free Pdf Books On Fasting And Prayer / Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer / RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On Fasting by Jennyferr: 3:19pm On Dec 27, 2018
Hello my people. I'm kinda indecisive about life and want to pick up myself out of my current situation.
I want to engage my body and soul in fasting and prayer but I don't know the bible pages needed.
I need at least 3bible verses that is focused on breakthrough and success.
Help a Christian friend.
Re: I Need Help On Fasting by yomi007k(m): 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2018
How are you indecisive about life?
Re: I Need Help On Fasting by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2018
Jennyferr:
Hello my people. I'm kinda indecisive about life and want to pick up myself out of my current situation.
I want to engage my body and soul in fasting and prayer but I don't know the bible pages needed.
Help a Christian friend.
Get any of the following books as they will guide you
1. Our daily manna devotional guide
2. MFM 70 days fasting and prayer book
3. War against Haman
Any of them are helpful
Re: I Need Help On Fasting by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
Jennyferr:
Help a Christian friend.
when you Google 3 Bible verses on breakthrough and success, I'm sure you will get more than you bargain for!.. Indecisive about life!!!! What's your career path? Are you married? Jeremiah 33:3 call unto me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things you know not" it's expected of you to pray to God and ask for your purpose in life, then follow it.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On Fasting by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
Jennyferr:
Help a Christian friend.
It's a good thing that you desire to fast and pray, but it's important that you first get to know the essence of prayer and fasting, so that when you begin to engage in it the purpose is not defeated.

The essence of prayer and fasting is basically for the obedience of God's Word and spiritual growth, any other thing is secondary.

So that should be your primary target when you fast and pray even for you to grow spiritually and get closer to God, and everything else should be done in cognizance of that.

Matthew 26:41KJV

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Deuteronomy 8:2-3KJV

And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.
And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.
Re: I Need Help On Fasting by Seun(m): 7:16am On Dec 29, 2018
Jennyferr:
I'm kinda indecisive about life and want to pick up myself out of my current situation.
You need to post the details of your situation so that people who faced the same situation in their lives and escaped from it can give you the best advice on how to do the same. Fasting will only help you if your problem is that you are too fat.

22 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Need Help On Fasting by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 29, 2018
Seun:
Fasting will only help you if your problem is that you are too fat.
grin lmao

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On Fasting by Originakalokalo(m): 8:31am On Dec 29, 2018
1. Stay away from sin.... Ask God to help you and be determined to live a life of purity and righteousness.

2. Fast and pray to keep your body in check. While fasting, ask God to show you his plans for your life.

Working against the plans of God in our lives makes us struggle much. Find out what He wants you to do...

3. Then do that which God wants you to do... Business, handwork, etc.

God said he will bless the works of your hand.... Do something.

4. Remember that a man's life is not in the abundance of things he possesses. This is a statement from Jesus.

Work and pray. Be contented with what you have...

Finally, Fasting and prayers can be useless...

See this,

" Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth."
(John 9: 31)

Do the will of God and he will answer you.

Live your life in sin and all your fasting and prayers are in vain.

Even if a pastor who is in sin prays for you,

God does not hear it.

Let us do the will of God first... By the help of his spirit...

and he will respond before we call. God said that.
Re: I Need Help On Fasting by fantastical(m): 9:19am On Dec 29, 2018
Jennyferr:
Hello my people. I'm kinda indecisive about life and want to pick up myself out of my current situation...

Help a Christian friend.
You have to understand that the journey of life actually began at birth. And your discovery of who you are is your pathway to your glorious destiny. Your life will ultimately revolve around your decisions.
Now, there are few points/questions you must sincerely ask yourself and provide the answer by yourself.
1. Are you born again? If yes!
2. Are you baptised in the Holy Ghost? If yes! Then ask the Holy Spirit to minister to you. At this point, don't pretend. Be sincere to yourself because this is the point you need fasting and prayer (Please read: 2Chronicles15:1-15; Habbakuk 2:1-3; Psalm 85:8; Jeremiah 33:3).
Breakthrough and success is not the first thing you need now, you first of all need to put your house in order. In other words, you'll need to put yourself together. As long as you're sincere to yourself, you can't fail in life. Since your soul is yearning for a new way/direction of life, you're probably going to be successful in due time (3John 1:2). The prosperity of your soul is the number one priority and once your soul prosper, you're bound to prosper.
Mind you, you must as a matter of fact guard/keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life (Proverbs 4:23). God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help On Fasting by Dantedasz(m): 9:38am On Dec 29, 2018
Religionists and delusion.
What is starving yourself meant to achieve?

Poor and homeless people are regularly starved of food and yet God has never looked at them with compassion and provided them with food.
Starving yourself and expecting your issues to come to an end appears a delusion to me.None of it is real. It's just voices in your head.
Re: I Need Help On Fasting by awesomeJ(m): 10:28pm On Jan 02, 2019
Seun:

You need to post the details of your situation so that people who faced the same situation in their lives and escaped from it can give you the best advice on how to do the same. Fasting will only help you if your problem is that you are too fat.
Just like you telling a sick patient 'prescription drugs will only help if your problem is that you need something to run through your mouth'

That's your ignorant self thinking he knows more than the doctor. I pity the fool who takes his cues from you. Blind leading blind. Where else are they headed? Doom!
Re: I Need Help On Fasting by Originakalokalo(m): 10:34pm On Jan 02, 2019
Dantedasz:
Religionists and delusion.
What is starving yourself meant to achieve?

Poor and homeless people are regularly starved of food and yet God has never looked at them with compassion and provided them with food.
Starving yourself and expecting your issues to come to an end appears a delusion to me.None of it is real. It's just voices in your head.

Thou shall not steal. Thou shall not kill, thou shall not covert your neighbor's wife, properties, etc.

Stealing public funds have made alot of people hungry...

There are consequences for breaking God's laws.

The repercussions are all there.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School Teacher's Manual 7th April 2019 - Lesson 32 / What's The Important Of Bell In The Church / Invitation To Limitless- Sword Ministries, USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.