Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

‘I’ & My Son Have Shed Blood For Nigeria-obasanjo Finally Admits War Crime?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I’ & My Son Have Shed Blood For Nigeria-obasanjo Finally Admits War Crime?? (836 Views)

Ezeife: IPOB Not Behind Attacks In Southeast. Igbo Don’t Shed Blood / Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election / Tax Defaulters In Nigeria: Obasanjo, Davido, Omisore, Others Top 19,000 List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I’ & My Son Have Shed Blood For Nigeria-obasanjo Finally Admits War Crime?? by Ebonyitvnews: 9:37pm On Dec 27, 2018
‘I’ & My Son Have Shed Innocent Blood For Nigeria-Obasanjo Finally Admits Killing Biafrans?

The recent statement credited to the former president Olusegun Obasanjo have continue to hit up the polity with divided opinion.

Obasanjo while speaking at the 2018 Ibogun Day celebration, which attracted notable indigenes of Ogun State on Wednesday said “I am qualified to speak against Buhari. One, I have done it before. Two, I have shed my blood for this country. Even my biological son has shed his blood. Why can’t I speak about what is best for this country? I am doubly qualified to do that.” He didnt go further.

The questions arising from the former military leader and president are: what is Buhari doing that OBJ have equally done? How did OBJ & Son shed their blood for Nigerian? is he indirectly referring to the innocent bloods shed in Odi massacre , an attack carried out on November 20, 1999, by the Nigerian military on the predominantly Ijaw town of Odi in Bayelsa State. The attack which Ebonyi Daily News understands came in the context of a conflict in the Niger Delta over indigenous rights to oil resources and environmental protection Report both in Nigerian and Diaspora generally say that the massacre was ordered by the regime of former president Olusegun Obasanjo and his then vice president Atiku Abubakar who is now the preferential presidential candidate of people democratic party (PDP).

Also is OBJ indirectly guilty of his role during the heightened genocide against Biafran side in 1967/1970? Obasanjo as the Commander, Third Marine Commando Division, was the military officer who accepted the surrender of Biafran forces on January 12, 1970, after three years of war.

Obasanjo's role during the Bifran genocide promoted him to lieutenant colonel in 1967, appointed commander Second Area command of the Nigerian Army. He was made Commander, Garrison, Ibadan, Nigeria, between 1967 and 1969. Obasanjo’s colonel promotion came in 1969. He was appointed from 1969–1970, general officer commanding 3rd Infantry Division, Nigerian Army.

Meanwhile OBJ's have frequently quoted as saying “It is a war we should never have fought and I have said that I have fought wars too many and I hope I will not witness another war in Nigeria again.

https://ebonyidailynews.com/2018/12/27/i-my-son-have-shed-innocent-blood-for-nigeria-obasanjo-finally-admits-war-crime/

Re: ‘I’ & My Son Have Shed Blood For Nigeria-obasanjo Finally Admits War Crime?? by Sunofgod(m): 9:51pm On Dec 27, 2018
Na the � devil dey keep this man alive for earth.

Out of fear of him entering hell fire.
Re: ‘I’ & My Son Have Shed Blood For Nigeria-obasanjo Finally Admits War Crime?? by Shuku0kukobambi: 9:54pm On Dec 27, 2018
But he's the navigator of Atikuobi biafran venture of 2019 na? Will you want your commander in the battle to free you from Buhari to be charged to ICC? cheesy

Who will now lead you to battle?

1 Like

Re: ‘I’ & My Son Have Shed Blood For Nigeria-obasanjo Finally Admits War Crime?? by Resener12(m): 8:48pm On Dec 28, 2018
Ebonyitvnews:
‘I’ & My Son Have Shed Innocent Blood For Nigeria-Obasanjo Finally Admits Killing Biafrans?

The recent statement credited to the former president Olusegun Obasanjo have continue to hit up the polity with divided opinion.

Obasanjo while speaking at the 2018 Ibogun Day celebration, which attracted notable indigenes of Ogun State on Wednesday said “I am qualified to speak against Buhari. One, I have done it before. Two, I have shed my blood for this country. Even my biological son has shed his blood. Why can’t I speak about what is best for this country? I am doubly qualified to do that.” He didnt go further.

The questions arising from the former military leader and president are: what is Buhari doing that OBJ have equally done? How did OBJ & Son shed their blood for Nigerian? is he indirectly referring to the innocent bloods shed in Odi massacre , an attack carried out on November 20, 1999, by the Nigerian military on the predominantly Ijaw town of Odi in Bayelsa State. The attack which Ebonyi Daily News understands came in the context of a conflict in the Niger Delta over indigenous rights to oil resources and environmental protection Report both in Nigerian and Diaspora generally say that the massacre was ordered by the regime of former president Olusegun Obasanjo and his then vice president Atiku Abubakar who is now the preferential presidential candidate of people democratic party (PDP).

Also is OBJ indirectly guilty of his role during the heightened genocide against Biafran side in 1967/1970? Obasanjo as the Commander, Third Marine Commando Division, was the military officer who accepted the surrender of Biafran forces on January 12, 1970, after three years of war.

Obasanjo's role during the Bifran genocide promoted him to lieutenant colonel in 1967, appointed commander Second Area command of the Nigerian Army. He was made Commander, Garrison, Ibadan, Nigeria, between 1967 and 1969. Obasanjo’s colonel promotion came in 1969. He was appointed from 1969–1970, general officer commanding 3rd Infantry Division, Nigerian Army.

Meanwhile OBJ's have frequently quoted as saying “It is a war we should never have fought and I have said that I have fought wars too many and I hope I will not witness another war in Nigeria again.

https://ebonyidailynews.com/2018/12/27/i-my-son-have-shed-innocent-blood-for-nigeria-obasanjo-finally-admits-war-crime/
We hope there won’t be war in Nigeria

Check my signature to visit and study in Canada
Re: ‘I’ & My Son Have Shed Blood For Nigeria-obasanjo Finally Admits War Crime?? by Front0lane: 8:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
Ojukwu never shed blood but slaughtered 3 million hopelessly senseless slowpoke that he led to their early grave while he ran to Ivory Coast. What a path tribe.

1 Like

Re: ‘I’ & My Son Have Shed Blood For Nigeria-obasanjo Finally Admits War Crime?? by Igbokid: 9:11pm On Dec 28, 2018
Front0lane:
Ojukwu never shed blood but slaughtered 3 million hopelessly senseless slowpoke that he led to their early grave while he ran to Ivory Coast. What a path tribe.
The osu pigs are losers
Re: ‘I’ & My Son Have Shed Blood For Nigeria-obasanjo Finally Admits War Crime?? by Mystick: 9:19pm On Dec 28, 2018
Front0lane:
That shouldn't bother you. Those whom he led to that war aren't complaining against him.
What should bother you is why Awolowo chose to use rat poison for dinner instead of facing his fellow man. Or why Abiola chose same path as Awolowo, leaving this Earth in a disgraceful manner. Even the wife was not spared by those who scared Abiola to death.
If such act is a hereditary trait in your....., I wonder what is going through your mind now. Considering that the two men are your role models.
Re: ‘I’ & My Son Have Shed Blood For Nigeria-obasanjo Finally Admits War Crime?? by Babalegba(m): 10:17pm On Dec 28, 2018
[quote author=Mystick post=74250865]
That shouldn't bother you. Those whom he led to that war aren't complaining against him.
What should bother you is why Awolowo chose to use rat poison for dinner instead of facing his fellow man. Or why Abiola chose same path as Awolowo, leaving this Earth in a disgraceful manner. Even the wife was not spared by those who scared Abiola to death.
If such act is a hereditary trait in your....., I wonder what is going through your mind now. Considering that the two men are your role models. [/quote Read what you wrote again and pinpoint any sense in it to us.]
Re: ‘I’ & My Son Have Shed Blood For Nigeria-obasanjo Finally Admits War Crime?? by Mystick: 10:34pm On Dec 28, 2018
[quote author=Babalegba post=74252340][/quote]
Read what I quoted first before this, and see the sense you are looking for.
If what that guy said is sensible to you, then you must be a pretender for complaining about my response to him. Or could you be the same person using another account.
Re: ‘I’ & My Son Have Shed Blood For Nigeria-obasanjo Finally Admits War Crime?? by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:16am On Dec 29, 2018
OBJ Nigeria belongs to we ALL

So you have every right to speak

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Supreme Court Humiliates Rotimi Amaechi, Rivers APC / Hilarious! See This Atiku Vs Buhari Super Mario Game Video / Wrong Expression: Governorship Or Gubernatorial Election? Which Is The Standard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.