Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun (5703 Views)

Imo APC Suspends Governor Okorocha / APC Suspends Mustapha Salihu, Deputy Chairman / APC Suspends Ikuforiji, Oris, Attorney General, Others Over Anti-party Activitie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by oluwoleife: 10:05pm On Dec 27, 2018
The All Progressives Congress, APC, has finally suspended the Governor of Ogun State, Ibikunle Amosun, and his counterpart from Imo State, Governor Rochas Okorocha, and the Minister of Communication, Adebayo Shittu, from being part of the of the APC Presidential Campaign Council.

Party sources revealed that despite their expression of support for President Muhammadu Buhari’s rerun aspiration, both Governors and the Minister, would be kept at arms length from the Presidential campaign, billed to take off in the early weeks of January, next year.

The revelation came just as the Spokesman of the APC Presidential Campaign Council, Festus Keyamo, has dismissed concerns over the campaign programme of the APC, saying that, the party will not copy the campaign style of the main opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

A reliable source in the APC, disclosed that the list of membership of the campaign team is ready, and that the President has given the National Leadership the nod to unveil it.

It was gathered that the APC Campaign Council would include all the National Officers, all the Governors (excluding Okorocha and Amosun), and National Assembly members elected on its platform, as well as former Governors and top Leaders in the six geopolitical zones of the country.

A top member of the APC, who is close to the APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, said that the National Working Committee, NWC, has made its stand on the matter known to Buhari, who has given the party the go ahead to constitute the Campaign Council.

“The party is insisting that only very committed members will be nominated into the campaign team. It cannot be those who are opposed to the Leadership, or have shown divided loyalty”, the source said.

The source added that Oshiomhole is not disposed to having some personalities, especially Okorocha and Amosun, manning key positions in the campaign structure.

He said that the party Chairman has described the actions of the two Governors as highly antagonistic, and as such, should not be rewarded with a front seat position in the Campaign Council.

Oshiomhole was also said to have informed Buhari that the Campaign Council should be made up of only committed party men, and not those that have divided loyalty.

He was also said to be against allowing those who are still pursuing their cases in court against the party or their sponsors, from joining the Campaign.

Shittu, is also angry at his disqualification by the party from participating in the primary elections.

Shittu, who is among those pursuing cases in court against the party, has blamed his ordeal on Oshiomhole.

It was learnt that the anti-Oshiomhole Governors are still scheming to win the heart of the President, and to convince him of their support during next year’s elections.

Another source at the party Headquarters, stressed that the face-off between the Governors and Oshiomhole, and the efforts to reconcile them, have also affected the full commencement of APC Campaign.

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by Nwodosis(m): 10:06pm On Dec 27, 2018
We all saw it coming!

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by SchoolZinicc: 10:16pm On Dec 27, 2018
So that Buhari can win and pepper Nigerians the more.. Hahaha..

4 Likes

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by raumdeuter: 10:18pm On Dec 27, 2018
If this is true then great news for APC

APC needs to get rid of these weeds before the election so everyone knows their electoral value, Not the ones that will win and become a problem to the party like Saraki Dino etd

How can Amosun claim to be a party man and be campaigning for another party

They should all be expelled to go join their mushroom parties

Let them go and test their popularity in other parties

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by DrGoodman: 10:21pm On Dec 27, 2018
The shittt, may finally hit the ceiling fan grin

Time for Rochas to speak .

5 Likes

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by Lipscomb(m): 10:25pm On Dec 27, 2018
Good decision.

3 Likes

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by StillX10(m): 10:31pm On Dec 27, 2018
They are pushing Okorocha too much o, am warning them on his behalf, he will expose them o

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:35pm On Dec 27, 2018
You have suspended Amosun and Okorocha. May people worst than them arise in your midst until you as a party is finally suspended indefinitely from politics in Nigeria. Amen!

Since inception, na to fight and settle them know undecided

May your party be as wrinkled as this T-shirt! Amen!

8 Likes

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 27, 2018
APC has lost the South West and South East Amen

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 27, 2018
If Rochas speaks, i assure you AsoRock would be razed to the ground in 24hours. Don't dare okorocha!

3 Likes

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by ChidiAlaigbo: 10:45pm On Dec 27, 2018
Naughtysite:
APC has lost the South West and South East Amen

For your mind.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 27, 2018
Finally

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by zombieTRACKER: 10:50pm On Dec 27, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

For your mind.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by basilo10I: 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2018
cheesy

Okoroawusa how market?

3 Likes

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by deboysben(m): 11:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
Rip to apc in advance

2015-2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by Corrinthians(m): 11:14pm On Dec 27, 2018
Watch how iPod will now line up to lick the anuses of the two gentlemen. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by Corrinthians(m): 11:16pm On Dec 27, 2018
DDeliverer:
If Rochas speaks, i assure you AsoRock would be razed to the ground in 24hours. Don't dare okorocha!
I said it. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by Shuku0kukobambi: 11:19pm On Dec 27, 2018
DDeliverer:

Can he please just speak? Or can he give you the power and words to speak on his behalf?

I really want to witness Aso Rock on fire

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by Shuku0kukobambi: 11:24pm On Dec 27, 2018
Corrinthians:
Watch how iPod will now line up to lick the anuses of the two gentlemen. cheesy

All of a sudden, Amosun has become deliverer to them while Rochas is no longer the bastard son of an awusa man. They're so direction less cheesy

I'm sad for Okorocha. I hope it's resolved and he's brought back into the fold. He is a strong man and people person inspite of his shortcomings. As for Amosun, I couldn't careless and won't even mind GNI becoming governor instead of APC or PDP. He feels himself too much

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by Corrinthians(m): 11:31pm On Dec 27, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

All of a sudden, Amosun has become deliverer to them while Rochas is no longer the bastard son of an awusa man. They're so direction less cheesy

I'm sad for Okorocha. I hope it's resolved and he's brought back into the fold. He is a strong man and people person inspite of his shortcomings. As for Amosun, I couldn't careless and won't even mind GNI becoming governor instead of APC or PDP. He feels himself too much
I think APC feels confident wielding that big stick because of Obiano and Ugwuanyi.

If you know you know. wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by Shuku0kukobambi: 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2018
Corrinthians:
I think APC feels confident wielding that big stick because of Obiano and Ugwuanyi.

If you know you know. wink

Well, Oshiomhole is a veteran of the labor movement and he knows what 5th columnists can do. He'll rather lose gallantly to the enemy than be done in by insiders.

I think he was always going to dump them because what they've done is unforgivable. See Yari of Zamfara, despite not having his way, he didn't front another party.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by netpro(m): 11:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
Arrogance is their biggest undoing. It is not late to repent. But if they continue, they will be left behind.

Nobody has ever tamed the arrogant elites in Nigeria like Buhari. No individual is bigger than Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by Krisdng: 12:12am On Dec 28, 2018
I don't get it, you mean suspending your senatorial candidates for the election, Please Inec Should take note.

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by lincsnuel: 12:28am On Dec 28, 2018
Ich Bin for Okoroawusa
Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by Yomboy4ever(m): 12:49am On Dec 28, 2018
DDeliverer:

Yiibo and mouth Action the same way one Mumu promised to burn Nigeria down but he was later smuggled out of the country like some banned product

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by pahen1991: 12:57am On Dec 28, 2018
DDeliverer:
nothing will happen if he speaks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by nedubest(m): 1:00am On Dec 28, 2018
hmmmm
Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by austinsmat(m): 3:19am On Dec 28, 2018
OkoroHausa see your life, Apga gives you life to become a governor, you stab them in the back,because of your greedy ambition, now karma is a bitch.

3 Likes

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by kayusely70(m): 4:30am On Dec 28, 2018
They should also be expelled from the party and stripped of their senatorial tickets.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by UncleJudax(m): 4:33am On Dec 28, 2018
Hahahaha. Na Shittu I pity pass. Na the foool first wear Buhari re-election cap grin

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun by raumdeuter: 4:37am On Dec 28, 2018
austinsmat:
OkoroHausa see your life, Apga gives you life to become a governor, you stab them in the back,because of your greedy ambition, now karma is a bitch.

The same way APGA gave Peter Obigot life to become governor and he stabbed them in the back because of greedy ambition and joined PDP

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inside Life Ganduje Stretches To Hear Kwankwaso And Sanusi Conversation-photo / Shehu Sani Reacts As Fulani Muslim Lady ‘disowns’ The North / Osinbajo: Working Together, Nigeria Will Realize Its True Potentials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.