Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? (582 Views)

Corona Virus Is Greater Than Yahweh And Allah / Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 28, 2018
His Words!!!

And the reason is because it is the Words of Jesus that gives the name of Jesus its power and the ability it has.

So I would liken the name of Jesus to the package, with the Words of Jesus being the product, for it's the product that gives the package it true value and worth.

Therefore without the product the package has no real power or value except that which came with bearing the name of the product.

It is for this reason that many people in today's church call the name of Jesus, but it's not able to generate as much power as it is supposed to, because they do not have the product of the Words of Jesus to back up the name of Jesus, which is the package.

That's why Jesus warned against people just calling His name without keeping His Word, because any power His name possesses is that which His Words had accorded it.(Lk 6:46-49)

Hence there's an extent to which someone makes the Words of Jesus his product via obedience, that it would also accord power to that particular person, that he may not even need to call on the name of Jesus, for the power to proceed from his mouth, or body to this extent, because He has the Words of Jesus which possesses the power Inside of him.

And this could also extend to the name of the person in question, as it may also exude some extent of that power when it's being called, because the person who bears that name has also become a package of the Words of Jesus which possesses the power.

The last two occasions that Satan, the chief devil came to me, I didn't need to call on the name of Jesus, but just anything that came out of my mouth sufficed to make him flee, because i had the Words of Jesus that gives the power as my product. And I wouldn't be surprised if my name also scares the hell out of Satan because of that same reason.

So something greater than the name of Jesus is His Words, for it is what actually gives the name of Jesus the power it has.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by LLSAINT(m): 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2018
OP, you are totally off-point.
The question is; what is His words?
John 1:1 answers you.
Jesus is the WORD not words and the WORD is Jesus. It is inseparable
Except if you want to start heretic teachings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2018
The question is what is being off-point and heresy to you?

Is it following the teachings and Words of Jesus, then I want to be off-point and heretic to you.

Because you talked about what John the disciple of Jesus said, now here are the very Words of John's Master Jesus Himself:

Luke 9:26

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

John 12:47-50

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

So you should now ask yourself who is being heretic between me and you?

Except maybe you now think the Words of Jesus is heresy and the lies you've been taught by men as such is the truth, then it I would understand where you are coming from.

If Jesus was the Word of God in the flesh, then what would you call the things that He said?

Jesus was the Word of God not just in the flesh, but also in His Speech and Actions, so next time before you open you mouth to accuse someone of heresy, you have to be sure of what heresy actually means.

LLSAINT:
OP, you are totally off-point.
The question is; what is His words?
John 1:1 answers you.
Jesus is the WORD not words and the WORD is Jesus. It is inseparable
Except if you want to start heretic teachings.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by iamvictorbassey: 8:00am On Dec 29, 2018
Tight Vaga-Inna
Re: What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by Nostradamus: 8:05am On Dec 29, 2018
Otem,hardmirror,ifenes,nostradamus,billyonaire,lalasticlala.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 29, 2018
Nostradamus:
Otem,hardmirror,ifenes,nostradamus,billyonaire,lalasticlala.
It's the greatest name ever and there's none that even comes close
Re: What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 29, 2018
God's Name
Re: What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 29, 2018
saheedinho:
God's Name
Yes you are definitely right but this is besides God and His Name because no one can contest that one with Him.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 30, 2018
The name is just the package
Re: What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by xproducer: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2018
There appears to be Biblical authority to confirm one of the OP's points (regarding how highly God regards His words) - "I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." - Psalm 138:2

The fact is that God's words are holy and true, as He Himself - His Name included - is holy and true.

"Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain." - Exodus 20:7

Conclusion? We should honor GOD, His Name, and His holy word.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 31, 2018
xproducer:
There appears to be Biblical authority to confirm one of the OP's points (regarding how highly God regards His words) - "I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." - Psalm 138:2

The fact is that God's words are holy and true, as He Himself - His Name included - is holy and true.

"Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain." - Exodus 20:7

Conclusion? We should honor GOD, His Name, and His holy word.
If you go by that saying in the book of Psalms alone, then the Word of God was indeed greater than His Name.

I didn't need such support from the book of Psalms though as I already had every basis I needed for to confirm this saying from the teachings of Jesus, which showed that His Words was certainly greater than His Name, for any greatness the name possesses was gotten from the His Words, which was a perfect illustration of the life that He lived.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
The Words of Jesus is greater than His name.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by janettee(f): 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2019
Amadioha undecided.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2019
janettee:
Amadioha undecided.
If na exam, you go get -5%
Re: What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 12, 2019
The Words of Jesus
Re: What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 22, 2019
Hard saying
Re: What Is Greater Than The Name Of Jesus? by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 05, 2019
His Words.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Going To Hell? / Help!please Help Save Baby Ahmad Abdulsalam / What Is A Graven Image?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.