Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,911 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 (26923 Views)

Nigeria Records 1.3 Million Unwanted Pregnancies, 735000 Abortions In 2018 Alone / Nigeria Among The Top 10 Countries With The Highest Fertility Rates In 2018 / Top 10 Health Questions The World Googled In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by 24hoursreporter: 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2018
Google has suddenly become an overnight Doctor for many people. Whenever people need answers to health questions, Google is the next place to search.

Even though we know that Googling health-related symptoms is not advisable, people still check the search engine giant for answers.

In 2018, people searched for several health questions. Some of the popular ones are questions relating to Keto diet, ALS and Endometriosis.

In this article, we have come up with the list of most searched health questions on Google in 2018. This list as released by Google is based on health queries data collected between January and Mid-December 2018.

9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018

#1. What Is The Keto Diet?

The question “What is Keto Diet”? is one of the most searched health questions on Google in 2018. It actually a puzzle to many people when they see people suddenly lost pounds of weight.

Interestingly, whenever you ask them the secret of their weight loss. Keto Diet is the response. This will generally trigger someone to search for the meanthe ing of Keto Diet.

For knowledge sake, the Keto diet triggers the ketosis process. The ketosis is actually a process that allows the liver to convert fats into ketones. And the body will use the ketones for energy instead of glucose.

This ketosis process, when done correctly, will enable the body to burn fat and lose water weight.

Unlike the popular belief of most people, the Keto diet doesn’t burn fats alone. It also improves the skin and serves as an important treatment protocol for diabetes.

#2. What Is ALS Disease?

The ALS Disease is also among the most searched health questions in 2018. ALS disease is a medical condition that affects the nervous system. When somebody is suffering from this disease, the nerve cells of that person will destroy over time.

People became curious and want to know more about this disease in May 2018. This was shortly after Stephen Hawking died of the disease that same period.

After Stephen Hawking was diagnosed with ALS at the age of 21, experts predicted he was going to live for a few years. Fortunately, he lived for another 55 years before he finally died at the age of 76.

#3. What Is Endometriosis?

Endometriosis is also one of the most searched health questions on Google in 2018. Before now several people probably haven’t heard of this medical condition.

However, when celebrities suffering from this condition spoke about it, people started searching for it on Google. Trust me, Dr. Google will always provide you answer.

By the way, Endometriosis is a medical condition in which the tissues that normally line the Uterus grow outside the organ. Celebrities like Halsey, Lena Dunham, Gabrielle talked about how the disease is affecting their fertility.

#4. How Long Does Weed Stay In Your Urine?

It is no longer news that several States in the United State legalize Marijuana in 2018. So, it is natural for people to ask certain questions regarding the use of marijuana and likely health effect.

This is why it became one of the most searched health questions on Google in 2018.

Ordinarily, weed affects the brain and body in different ways. And these effects vary from one person to another. This explains why some people run mad after taking Marijuana while others will take it and still feel alright.

Weed can actually stay in the urine for more than 30 days depending on how often you use it. In fact, experts of the opinion that if you use weed every day, it can still be detected in your urine after three months.

#5. How Long Does Flu Last?

This is one of the most searched questions on Google. According to the Centers From Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 80000 people died of flu and its complications in 2017.

This is obviously the highest number for over four decades. With such a large number of death rate, people will naturally start reading about flu. And people suffering from it already will want to know how the disease will last.

According to experts, no one can actually specify how long the flu last in the body. This is due to certain factors like; when the patient started feeling the symptoms, how severe the flu is and the patient’s health.

#6. how Long Is The Flu Contagious?

People also want to know how long the flu is contagious. The reasons for this is to prevent people around them from being infected.

Generally, the flu is most contagious within the first four days of the illness.

#7. When Does Implantation Bleeding Occur

This is also among the most searched questions on Google in 2018. Off course, this query comes mostly from people who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant.

Implantation bleeding occurs within 14 days of pregnancy. And it is one of the early signs of pregnancy.

#8. Why Am I Always Tired?

This is another popular question people often search on Google. Sadly, there is no specific answer to this question. This is because of the fact that several conditions can be responsible for it. The common ones are; vitamin c deficiency, poor diet etc.

#9. What Does Heartburn Feel Like?

People also ask questions about heartburn in 2018. Heartburn actually happens when your stomach acid flows back in your esophagus.

It is an uncomfortable burning feeling in the chest that can move up to your throat and neck.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/12/28/9-most-searched-health-questions-on-google-in-2018/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by 24hoursreporter: 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2018
Must Read!!! See the 9 Smallest Dog Breeds In The World ===> http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/12/26/9-smallest-dog-breeds-in-the-world/

5 Likes

Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by bigstan11787(m): 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2018
Our forefathers seek solution from amadioha....but i tel u, this is jet age we dont go to amadioha for answers.....we just go straight to ask bro. Google.... He's reliable

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by brushesz: 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2018
Which match dey tomorrow sef?

2 Likes

Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by cooldipo(m): 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2018
Strange question!

1 Like

Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by Last355(m): 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2018
ok

1 Like

Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by NotBeenPaid: 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2018

100% of these searches were made outside the shores of this country.

The Nigerian search pattern:
What's the fastest way to make money online?
How to become a slay queen?
How to become a yahoo yahoo boy?

14 Likes

Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2018
24hoursreporter:
It is not advisable to check Google for every health symptom. Seeing a medical doctor is always a better option.
Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by Qualitygod01(f): 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
embarassed

Others may include

10: signs of HIV

11: how to last long in bed

12: How to get married before 2018 ends.

embarassed

11 Likes

Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by Cyoung4real(m): 7:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
I thought they said poverty is a disease but nobody is searching about "why am i poor"
Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by salford: 7:53pm On Dec 28, 2018
I totally understand the weed question. A friend lost an oil company job because the medical test picked up weed in his pee.

1 Like

Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2018
Lol. I like Google search. One of the wonders of the world. But you ask Google about your health at your own peril.

You ask google what causes headache and it will mention cancer, HIV and hepatitis b & c.

If u no get liver, never ask google what is happening to you or fear will kill u before your time.

Once asked Google what was happening because I saw something like blood in my poo.

Imagine Google was saying colon cancer, rectal cancer, cancer of the oesophagus. I was almost saying bye bye to my family that day.

22 Likes

Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by joyfullyjoyous(f): 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2018
What causes fibroid?

1 Like

Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by Bloggingscope: 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2018
Health bloggers should take note of this too!
Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2018
A BARBECUE a day keep the Doctor away........

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by abiaumo(m): 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2018
Abeg who know anything about kegel exercise? I think i've been doing it wrong. sad
Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by Somatic(m): 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2018
That is Oyibo Google. Nigerian google be like
1.How to cure quick ejaculation
2. Cure for erectile dysfunction
3. How to increase penis size.
4. Cure for watery sperm.
5. Cure for Gonorhoea
6. Cure for dysentery/diarrhea
7. Malaria/Typhoid causes and prevention
8. HIV
9. Herbal cure for diabetes.

11 Likes

Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by abismal3(m): 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2018
Others may include
1 how to make money with small capital
2 how to make money online
3 how to get free internet data
Lol I love naija

3 Likes

Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by abiaumo(m): 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2018
Qualitygod01:
embarassed

Others may include

10: signs of HIV

11: how to last long in bed

12: How to get married before 2018 ends.

Na that how to last longer in bed make me dey do kegel exercise.

embarassed
Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by Zieina(f): 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2018
Searched a lot for number 8. Thought it was a medical condition but now I know what it was. Fatigue from a very stressful job. Glad I left.
Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by obaataaokpaewu: 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2018
I didn't search any of the listed tho
Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by Pavore9: 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2018
salford:
I totally understand the weed question. A friend lost an oil company job because the medical test picked up weed in his pee.

I can relate! cheesy
Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by edicied: 8:12pm On Dec 28, 2018
10. free browsing cheat

11. latest free browsing cheat grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by Abbeyme: 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2018
Nice .

Good that you also provided the answers to the questions raised in Google
Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by tempest01(m): 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2018
I join for the Endometriosis . Someone close had the problem, and i had to research it so as to give advice.
Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by kinibigdil: 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2018
24hoursreporter:
Must Read!!! See the 9 Smallest Dog Breeds In The World ===> http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/12/26/9-smallest-dog-breeds-in-the-world/
Don't be surprised Doctor do this searches more
Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by kinibigdil: 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2018
24hoursreporter:
Don't be surprised majority of the google searches are by Doctors
Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by SAMBARRY: 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2018
grin grin

Google tu asiri awon Nigerians grin

Yet them go dey form saint for outside grin

Especially in religious houses grin
Re: 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 by ayourbamie: 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2018
No staphylococcus causes and treatment?
Premature ejaculation?

Google don dey lie

(1) (2) (Reply)

Young Man Reportedly Commits Suicide In Kaduna / Novel Coronavirus: NCDC Issues Public Health Advisory To Nigerians / A Comprehensive Ranking Of Fertility Clinics In Nigeria - FertilityHubNigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.