Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan (26956 Views)

Farting May Add Years To Your Lifespan - Research / Ten Shocking Things Which Actually Lower Your Lifespan / Nigerian Foods That Shortens Your Lifespan And Makes You Die Younger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by WaleFolarin: 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2013
1. Research has found that optimistic people tend to act in healthier ways than those who are negative. (source)

2. Long-term smokers live, on average, 14 years less than non-smokers.(source)

3. When you floss, you rid your mouth of bacteria that can cause inflammation in the gums. This inflammation can travel to the heart, leading to heart disease. (source)

4. The danger, stress and sleep deprivation that results from working in the line of duty decreases the average police officer’s life span by 8 years. (source)

5. Contrary to common sense, drinking alcohol has been shown to increase life span. This may be because alcohol can serve to help strengthen social networks, which are important for maintaining mental and physical health. (source)

6. Women live an average of 10 years longer than men. This is due to environmental reasons, genetic reasons and a tendency for males to be more competitive and aggressive in nature. Such behavior increases chances of death due to violence, accidents and risk-taking. (source)

7. Having frequent sex helps relieve stress and improve sleep. It also boosts immunity and serves as a form of exercise. (source)

8. Married individuals have been shown to be more likely to avoid risks and seek out a more stable lifestyle. (source)

9. Sitting 6+ hours per day makes you up to 40 percent likelier to die within 15 years than someone who sits less than three hours a day. This is true even if you exercise. (source)

10. The simple act of petting a dog or cat has the ability to reduce stress and blood pressure. Pet owners have also been shown to be less likely to suffer from depression. (source)

http://www.pleated-jeans.com/2011/06/06/10-easy-ways-to-lower-your-lifespan/
http://nairatunes..com/2013/08/10-ways-to-lower-lifespan.html?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by Bright2(m): 1:36pm On Aug 23, 2013
True but not for everybody!
I jst realised i was the 1st to comment atalkery grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by towsynguru(m): 1:37pm On Aug 23, 2013
9ce tips..
Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2013
op thanks for sharing but who go die go die

8 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by swtme(f): 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2013
99% +1% true
Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by Sormeh: 10:59pm On Aug 23, 2013
Alcohol? Especially ogogoro - no way! You're liable 2 die young.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by Andyblaze: 11:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
No be 4 lifespan to increase, na where u go end matter

7 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by Enigma1510(m): 6:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
I dey always tell some galz NO 7 bt dem no dey bliv me. God dey sha.... grin grin cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
This article isnt meant for the african man...although some tips are helpful sha
Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by johnstar(m): 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
On point no 7
Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by Bishop4bella(m): 3:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
Information is POWER.
Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by stevebond007(m): 3:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
11) posting comments nd reading nairaland

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by Chiscomax(m): 3:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
wow! never knew
Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by angelz(f): 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
5. Contrary to common sense, drinking alcohol has been shown to increase life span. This may be because alcohol can serve to help strengthen social networks, which are important for maintaining mental and physical health. (source)

I like this.
Though am not an alcoholic, but each time l take little bit or much of it n days later l see one or two symptoms(headache etc)my thought is
"it has sth 2 do with the alcohol i took days ago or ystd". Tell me am wrong so l can keep drinking.
l love taking it ones or twice weekly.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by Cubeet: 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
OK
Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by CocoLoca(f): 3:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
i must be immortal then?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by Peetar3117(m): 3:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
@ mod speak for ursef
Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by martronilla: 3:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
Lemme quickly run and tell my granny
and btw, what is with this 'source source' thingy? dnt u knw that when u copy an article from it's original site, u gatta edit it b4 pasting it in anoda site? u cant just copy and paste like an hausa dude!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by Clemzy16(m): 3:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
Happy Birthday to me. Na today make am 2yrs wey i don dey nairaland. Mehn, i don turn grandpa for dis site. Abeg, make una begin send me my birthday gift. grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by Dermie: 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
...interesting.
Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by Super1759: 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
2. Long-term smokers live, on average, 14 years less than non-smokers.(source)

I still don't understand these...
By the way, all these are rubbish...
John 10vs10b....I have come that you have life and life in abundance.

Anything out of this is RUBBISH!
Lies from pity of hell,from devil himself to spoil people's mind into immorality

7 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by Mrshroud: 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
True for only those who believe it!!
Only God and myself can determine my lifespan.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by homesteady(m): 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
OP are you really wale folarin? Asin the american rapper? cheesy
Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by martronilla: 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
homesteady: OP are you really wale folarin? Asin the american rapper? cheesy
Duh!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by Ghadafy(m): 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
Cool
Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by ennon92(m): 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
The importance of exercise and water can't be overemphasised unfortunately they aint among.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by cooljude(m): 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
Myth....
Re: 10 Things That Can Actually Increase Your Lifespan by jmoore(m): 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
And House of Reps member died after sex.

smh

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months / A Comprehensive Ranking Of Fertility Clinics In Nigeria - FertilityHubNigeria / Windstorm Harm Disabled People In Niger State - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.