Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie (1860 Views)

See The Corpses Of Alex Badeh And His Driver (graphic Photos) / Nigerians React To The Assassination Of Alex Badeh / Alex Badeh's Assassination: Airforce Releases Statement On Death Of Ex Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by dre11(m): 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2018
By Nsikak Nseyen

The family of the late Chief of Air Staff, Alex Badeh has reacted to the confession by suspected killers of the deceased that they killed him to seize alleged huge sums of money he had on him to buy farmland.

DAILY POST had reported that 25-year-old Shuaibu Rabo while being interrogated by Police, said Badeh was killed in an attack to rob him of money meant for the purchase of a new farmland.

Rabo, while explaining how the incident happened, said: “One day, Yaya went to Gitata market and met Ciroma who gave him a hint that the retired general (Badeh) had bought new farmland and he was bringing the money on a particular day.”

But reacting, the family described the confession as a lie, adding that Badeh did not discuss any issue about the acquisition of land neither was he with up to N500 on the day he was killed.

According to Vanguard, the family delegated only one member to speak, on the condition that his or her name will not be mentioned in the report.

The spokesman said, “We are not happy with the report being put out to the public there on the circumstances that led to his death.

“We as a family, believe that some people responsible for his death want to deceive the public by hiding the facts of what happened, how it happened and those responsible.

“I want to emphatically tell you here that contrary to the claim that he went to his farm on the fateful day with huge amount of money to buy additional farmland, there was nothing like that.

“In fact, he had no money on him that day, not even N500 in the vehicle. “As I told you, no money, I repeat, no money was in that vehicle. Not even N500 was in that vehicle on that day he was killed.

“I repeat that no N500 not even N1000 was in that motor he drove that he was killed that day.

“Before his death, a villager who knew he was on the farm that day went to meet him to get money to buy paracetamol tablet for his headache he could not afford the money for him. Instead, he asked the person if he could go to Panda Market.

“When the man said he could, our brother told him to pick 10 mudus (measured quantity) of maize to sell in the market and buy drug for himself, saying that was the only help he could render to him since he had no cash to give out.

“He took time to narrate to the person that as he was talking to him, there was a huge refuse dump at his house in Abuja and the people responsible for packing it, that is the Abuja Environmental Protection Board, had refused to do so because he had no money to pay for the packing.

“He added that his cook and the cleaner in his house had not been paid, explaining further that those were the reasons he went to farm on that day to pick some bags of harvested maize, like 100 bags, to sell so as to raise money to settle those issues.

“Again, he told his workers on the farm that since they have blocked his pension, his only source of getting money, only three out of the eight working for him can remain as he wouldn’t have money to pay all the eight anymore.
“He said ‘I’m sorry to tell you this but this is the reality, I can only retain three workers now, the five of you have to go so that I won’t be owing you salaries. He said I can be selling maize and be paying salary for the three that I will retain.

“He did not have N500 on that day they killed him, I swear to God. All this you are hearing is a cook-up story.

“He went to farm to pick some bags of corn to sell so that he could raise money to pay the workers on the farm, the cook and cleaner in the house as well as for the packing of refuse dump here in the house.

“You can see the huge refuse dump here near the wall. If you see this refuse, they had to shift it from this wall closer to the primary school there because of the odour oozing out from the waste bins. You can see the dustbins there (pointed to it).

“So where did they get the information they released to the public from?”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/12/28/alex-badeh-family-reacts-reveals-suspects-confession-lie/

Lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by tsephanyah(f): 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2018
Most elephants weigh less than the tongue of a blue whale. robbery gone wrong Case closed
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by oyebanji44: 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2018
even the military didnt investigate further to tell the public what happened.moreso. they have military police to investigate..well..in this life.it pays to be honest.
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by CilicMarin: 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2018
Ok
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by Imortal001: 2:20pm On Dec 28, 2018
Ok, r.i.p alex badeh
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by daveP(m): 2:20pm On Dec 28, 2018
Perhaps im the only one that feels that everyone in abuja thinks the rest of us are so so dumb to swallow such disgrace of information. it sends this stupid signal that most criminals are uneducated and we know that's a big fat lie.

kpuwe on the security team that did this quicker than Usain Bolt.

bigger kpuwe for thinking all naijans are dumber than barbies.

1 Like

Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by Trunaijian: 2:23pm On Dec 28, 2018
Ok.
It’s getting complex.

Were there bags of maize in the vehicle?
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by zombieTRACKER: 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2018
tsephanyah:
Most elephants weigh less than the tongue of a blue whale. robbery gone wrong Case closed

Robbery of what?

He had no money with him

They didn't take his car

Yes... They just robbed him of his life

3 Likes

Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by Optional09: 2:27pm On Dec 28, 2018
I can’t believe a former chief of Air Force in Nigeria would be so poor. I don’t like that he was killed but cmon he couldn’t have been so poor
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by fran6co(m): 2:29pm On Dec 28, 2018
Today is mY birthday , show me lov
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by yanabasee(m): 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2018
NPF are often guilty of arresting innocent citizens and torturing them to accept crimes they never committed....

No proper investigation in the NPF.... The IG isn't interested in reforming the force.... He's busy licking Buhari's azz..

3 Likes

Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by iCauseTrouble: 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2018
We all know the parade and confession was staged

2 Likes

Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by UgoFly: 3:01pm On Dec 28, 2018
Optional09:
I can’t believe a former chief of Air Force in Nigeria would be so poor. I don’t like that he was killed but cmon he couldn’t bave been so poor

he was undergoing trial for fraud. all his assets were confiscated. His accounts frozen and his pension stopped. I get am before no be property.

1 Like

Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by bigeliot(m): 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2018
Very painful how we do certain things bcus of money. Y force innocent people say something they knw nothing abt? I seriously dont knw wat to think of anymore abt this country. Democracy my foot. R.i.p sir. Everybody will die someday, may d wicked amongst us die a painful and slow death. God de..

2 Likes

Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by chioma134: 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2018
Hmmm...
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by bkool7(m): 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
Since Badeh is under corruption investigation his family won't want to admit the narration that he was killed for his money.
But no cause for alarm, we have two survivals in the attack.
So I don't think the police can afford to be mischievous

How can the family say, even #500 was not in the vehicle that day. That had better be hyperbolic

1 Like

Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by KingOfAllIgbos: 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2018
In his 2nd life, maybe he wouldn't sabotage his country's security by embezzling funds meant for the military

Sad to say, but no ounce of pity for him.

He experienced just a taste of what soldiers and people facing Boko Haram have endured
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by Optional09: 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2018
UgoFly:

he was undergoing trial for fraud. all his assets were confiscated. His accounts frozen and his pension stopped. I get am before no be property.

Aww... that’s bad they stole all his assets and assasinated him.

No wonder the suspect was made up and dressed up

1 Like

Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by sorom4: 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2018
My country has gradually turned to Sudan

1 Like

Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by Xander85: 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2018
bkool7:
Since Badeh is under corruption investigation his family won't want to admit the narration that he was killed for his money.

How can the family say, even #500 was not in the vehicle that day. That had better be hyperbolic

Since his accounts were frozen solid, i'm guessing you're referring to the money he kept under his mattress or the one you loaned him!

1 Like

Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by samuelchimmy(m): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2018
Optional09:
I can’t believe a former chief of Air Force in Nigeria would be so poor. I don’t like that he was killed but cmon he couldn’t have been so poor
all his accounts has been frozen for a very long time, that was already living in frustration ...
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by Optional09: 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2018
samuelchimmy:
all his accounts has been frozen for a very long time, that was already living in frustration ...

Too bad
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by LWFashion(f): 6:08am On Dec 29, 2018
Optional09:

I feel the same too. But to be very objective, this is the reality! Most of them live lavishly and waste everything when they are high with access to power. As you can see, he could not even plan a private savings plan (what we call pseudo-pension) in case the real pension is not forthcoming.
Terrible! Jst sad.
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 29, 2018
iCauseTrouble post=74239928[b:
]We[/b] all know the parade and confession was staged
I know the parade and confession was staged not "we". Many persons on this forum think otherwise
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by femi4: 7:56am On Dec 29, 2018
tsephanyah:
Wish armed robber no wan money

Which armed robber no wan moto/jolly
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by jude79(m): 2:22pm On Dec 29, 2018
UgoFly:

the truth is that bade really has no money. of course btw apc government and the family, we know who is the father of lies. for 3yr and, no conviction, then death follows. now use ur brain the last time this was attempted was against namdi kanu, the pattern is the same. take them to court on false allegation. if u can't succeed, use elimination method.

2 Likes

Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by jude79(m): 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2018
bigeliot:
Very painful how we do certain things bcus of money. Y force innocent people say something they knw nothing abt? I seriously dont knw wat to think of anymore abt this country. Democracy my foot. R.i.p sir. Everybody will die someday, may d wicked amongst us die a painful and slow death. God de..

the truth is that bade really has no money. of course btw apc government and the family, we know who is the father of lies. for 3yr and, no conviction, then death follows. now use ur brain the last time this was attempted was against namdi kanu, the pattern is the same. take them to court on false allegation. if u can't succeed, use elimination method.
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by jude79(m): 2:38pm On Dec 29, 2018
bkool7:

that is the truth, bade has only been feeding through friends and well wishers. read the story of buhari and ambrose alli. no shishi, i mean shishi was found on the man. he had his farms to thank for his survival before he was killed.
Re: Alex Badeh: Family Reacts, Reveals Why Suspect’s Confession Is Lie by jude79(m): 2:42pm On Dec 29, 2018
samuelchimmy:

do u know that contrary to what apc said, no money was traced to him, infact the account that was frozen contains only his retirement benefit, allowances and pention.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Wike: My Election Is Done And Dusted / My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage / The First Lord Lugard Administrative Office In Baro Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.