Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,933 members, 7,810,596 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage (1850 Views)

Fact-check: Atiku Was Born A Cameroonian - Premium Times / 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP / Obasanjo Strikes Again On Atiku's Defenses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by netpro(m): 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2019
It is a very good thing that for the first time since Independence, this is the first time this matter will be challenged in court. OBJ complained severally about Atiku on Bakassi and other sketchy undertones about his roots. Now it can be legally resolve.

Here are some of the already unraveled truths:
1. Atiku's hometown Jada in Ganye was in Northern Cameroon.
2. This area was never part of Nigeria until the February 1961 plebiscite when they voted to join Nigeria.
3. The Nigeria's constitution specifically stated a candidate for President must be natural born Nigerian.
4. Atiku was not born a Nigerian.

Atiku and the PDP cannot just wave this aside. The court up till Supreme Court will have to make pronouncement on this matter. An Alien can't just come and rule Nigeria.

Atiku wants to go to court right, he can remain there. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2019
Atiku is a Nigerian

Yes, I don't like PDP, but this is just a long and tired story.

We might as well declare half the tribes in this country not to be Nigerian since most of them migrated from elsewhere to settle here centuries ago.

Or we might declare most of the Lingala speakers in Congo DR Nigerians since they emigrated from here to there some centuries ago.

Atiku is a Nigerian, Buhari has his WAEC ....now can we focus on more important stuff please.
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by netpro(m): 2:32pm On Apr 15, 2019
Section 131(a) of the Constitution stipulates that a person must be a citizen of Nigeria by birth to be qualified to contest for the office of the President.

The question is, with Atiku not being a Citizen by birth, is he qualified to run for Office of the President?
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by neyobills: 2:52pm On Apr 15, 2019
netpro:
It is a very good thing that for the first time since Independence, this is the first time this matter will be challenged in court. OBJ complained severally about Atiku on Bakassi and other sketchy undertones about his roots. Now it can be legally resolve.

Here are some of the already unraveled truths:
1. Atiku's hometown Jada in Ganye was in Northern Cameroon.
2. This area was never part of Nigeria until the February 1961 plebiscite when they voted to join Nigeria.
3. The Nigeria's constitution specifically stated a candidate for President must be natural born Nigerian.
4. Atiku was not born a Nigerian.

Atiku and the PDP cannot just wave this aside. The court up till Supreme Court will have to make pronouncement on this matter. An Alien can't just come and rule Nigeria.

Atiku wants to go to court right, he can remain there. grin

Here are my questions for you,

(1)There was no such country as Cameroon until 1960,Atiku was born in Jada in 1946,how then can we claim Atiku was from a, country that was not on the world map when he was born, or should we just conclude that he was stateless at birth?

(2)If this area was not part of Nigeria as at 1961 how come Cameroonians are now voting to join Nigeria if yes what would be the reason for a country to vote to join another country entirely,does it make any sense to u?

(3)What is your definition of born in Nigeria,Atiku grandfather is said to be from Sokoto and he was born in Jada before the existence of Cameroon?

(4)If Atiku was not born in Nigeria kindly highlight the, name of the country he was born?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by kayfra: 2:57pm On Apr 15, 2019
tactius:
Atiku is a Nigerian

Yes, I don't like PDP, but this is just a long and tired story.

We might as well declare half the tribes in this country not to be Nigerian since most of them migrated from elsewhere to settle here centuries ago.

Or we might declare most of the Lingala speakers in Congo DR Nigerians since they emigrated from here to there some centuries ago.

Atiku is a Nigerian, Buhari has his WAEC ....now can we focus on more important stuff please.

Atiku is a Nigerian 100%. But that isn't the argument doofus!

Is he a Nigerian by birth is the question.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by neyobills: 3:29pm On Apr 15, 2019
kayfra:

Is a Nigerian by birth is the question.

Yes he is a Nigerian by birth because he was born in Jada in 1946,Jada happens to be a mandate called British Cameroons under the the British colonial Nigerian government as Jada was governed from Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 15, 2019
kayfra:

Is a Nigerian by birth is the question.

You could have made your point without calling me a doofus

Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by kayfra: 3:34pm On Apr 15, 2019
neyobills:

Yes he is a Nigerian by birth because he was born in Jada in 1946,Jada happens to be a mandate called British Cameroons under the the British colonial Nigerian government as Jada was governed from Lagos.

Nothern Cameroon under the British wasn't part of the Nigerian entity till 1961.

The only way out for Atiku is to prove either of his parent being born in what was considered Nigeria pre-1960. It's quite clear in the constitution

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by neyobills: 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2019
kayfra:

Nothern Cameroon under the British wasn't part of the Nigerian entity till 1961.

The only way out for Atiku is to prove either of his parent being born in what was considered Nigeria pre-1960. It's quite clear in the constitution

Northern Cameroon was never under the British ever,and there is no way Northern Cameroon would ever be Nigeria because they are totally different entities,French Cameroon turned into present day Cameroon while British Cameroons turned into present day Nigeria, what part of that is so hard for u to understand?
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by Deapexboy(m): 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2019
neyobills:

So because they were British Cameroon and same British colonized us, they are Nigerians by birth. That is to say Ghanaians are Nigerians by birth, we were colonized by the British. Anu!!

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by Deapexboy(m): 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2019
neyobills:

Northern Cameroon was never under the British ever,and there is no way Northern Cameroon would ever be Nigeria because they are totally different entities,French Cameroon turned into present day Cameroon while British Cameroons turned into present day Nigeria, what part of that is so hard for u to understand?

Leave this British things b4 we will involve Ghanaians to be our president ooo...follow what the Constitution says

1 Like

Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by kayfra: 4:25pm On Apr 15, 2019
neyobills:

Read

2nd referendum
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_British_Cameroons_referendum
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by neyobills: 4:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
Deapexboy:

So because they were British Cameroon and same British colonized us, they are Nigerians by birth. That is to say Ghanaians are Nigerians by birth, we were colonized by the British. Anu!!

You are not making any sense,British Cameroons is a mandate under the British colony of Nigeria totally different from the British colony of the gold coast.

If u knew your onion you would know Togoland was split into 2 French Togoland which is present day Togo and British Gold coast which is present day Ghana.

Looks like this topic is far above your paygrade and intellectual prowess.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by neyobills: 4:40pm On Apr 15, 2019
kayfra:

Read

2nd referendum
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_British_Cameroons_referendum

Dude I don't need to read anything,there is a difference between Northern Cameroon and Northern part of British Cameroons,dont let your fingers work faster than your brain.
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by kayfra: 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2019
neyobills:

Dude I don't need to read anything,there is a difference between Northern Cameroon and Northern part of British Cameroons,dont let your fingers work faster than your brain.

British Cameroons had a North and South. South went to join French Cameroon and the North joined Nigeria.

Reading is fundamental
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by neyobills: 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2019
kayfra:

British Cameroons had a North and South. South went to join French Cameroon and the North joined Nigeria.

Reading is fundamental

Sigh......
what kind of Lil jackrabbits do we have on NL now that can't comprehend simple English.

And u too will be saying u have something between your ears while comprehension is rocket science to you.

Your case is indeed different.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by kayfra: 6:34pm On Apr 15, 2019
neyobills:

Sigh......
what kind of Lil jackrabbits do we have on NL now that can't comprehend simple English.

And u too will be saying u have something between your ears while comprehension is rocket science to you.

Your case is indeed different.

And what have you done besides blowing hot air and wasting bandwidth?

Nincompoop knucklehead dragging his brains under his socks. You can as well extend your logic to every entity under the british commonwealth as native born Nigerians
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by neyobills: 6:38pm On Apr 15, 2019
kayfra:

And what have you done besides blowing hot air and wasting bandwidth?

Nincompoop

I have been able to let your see reason that your hallucinations about Atiku not been a Nigerian by birth is illogical and a futile attempt to rewrite history for political correctness.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by kayfra: 6:40pm On Apr 15, 2019
neyobills:

I have been able to let your see reason that your hallucinations about Atiku not been a Nigerian by birth is illogical and a futile attempt to rewrite history for political correctness.

You can as well extend your logic to every entity under the british commonwealth as native born Nigerians. Don't know how it's difficult to grasp what was considered Nigeria before the 1961 referendum.

You see how dense you are? A complete joke
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by neyobills: 6:47pm On Apr 15, 2019
kayfra:

You can as well extend your logic to every entity under the british commonwealth as native born Nigerians. Don't know how it's difficult to grasp what was considered Nigeria before the 1961 referendum.

You see how dense you are? A complete joke

What is considered Nigeria before the 1961 referendum is the colony and protectorate of Nigeria under which British Cameroons is a mandate state,therefore Jada has always been Nigerian territory since thy kingdom come
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by kayfra: 7:07pm On Apr 15, 2019
neyobills:

What is considered Nigeria before the 1961 referendum is the colony and protectorate of Nigeria under which British Cameroons is a mandate state,therefore Jada has always been Nigerian territory since thy kingdom come
Stop twisting yourself in a pretzel to now sound ridiculously stupid.

Cameroon was split on 20 July 1922 into British Cameroons (under a Resident) and French Cameroun (under a Commissioner until 27 August 1940, then under a governor), on 13 December 1946 transformed into United Nations Trust Territories, again a British (successively under senior district officers officiating as Resident, a Special Resident and Commissioners) and a French Trust (under a Haut Commissaire).

The Northern British Cameroons which Jada was in, wasn't considered any part of Nigerian territory till the eventual referendum of 1961 after the referendum of 1959 nominated to postpone the decision. It was never under any protectorate of Nigeria, rather it was a Class B mandate state under the British protectorate. You don't automatically extend British protectorate to mean Nigerian protectorate and then pull from within your ass that Jada was Nigerian territory given the above.

Don't be stupid

1 Like

Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by neyobills: 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2019
kayfra:
Stop twisting yourself in a pretzel to now sound ridiculously stupid.

Cameroon was split on 20 July 1922 into British Cameroons (under a Resident) and French Cameroun (under a Commissioner until 27 August 1940, then under a governor), on 13 December 1946 transformed into United Nations Trust Territories, again a British (successively under senior district officers officiating as Resident, a Special Resident and Commissioners) and a French Trust (under a Haut Commissaire).

The Northern British Cameroons which Jada was in, wasn't considered any part of Nigerian territory till the eventual referendum of 1961 after the referendum of 1959 nominated to postpone the decision. It was never under any protectorate of Nigeria, rather it was a Class B mandate state under the British protectorate. You don't automatically extend British protectorate to mean Nigerian protectorate and then pull from within your ass that Jada was Nigerian territory given the above.

Don't be stupid

French Cameroon became Cameroon in Jan 1960,Nigeria also became Nigeria on the the 1st of October 1960,so my question for u is which country was Jada from Oct 2 till the date of the referendum,going by your logic we had 3 countries Nigeria, Cameroon, and British Cameroons right?

Perhaps you want to time travel to hand a British territory over to a francophone country with your troops to satisfy your paymasters.
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by kayfra: 8:12pm On Apr 15, 2019
neyobills:

French Cameroon became Cameroon in Jan 1960,Nigeria also became Nigeria on the the 1st of October 1960,so my question for u is which country was Jada from Oct 2 till the date of the referendum,going by your logic we had 3 countries Nigeria, Cameroon, and British Cameroons right?

Perhaps you want to time travel to hand a British territory over to a francophone country with your troops to satisfy your paymasters.

Read a book. Starting on page 10. Learn something new

https://www.un.org/en/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=T/8
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by kayfra: 8:24pm On Apr 15, 2019
neyobills:

Before 1961 and after 1946. We had Nigeria (Country), French Cameroun (Territory under France) and British Cameroons (Territory under the British). Many territories still exists worldwide that aren't considered countries. The islands of Guam and Puerto Rico are examples of territories that are not considered countries.

Jada was part of a British territory before 1961, not Nigeria. After 1961 it became part of the country called Nigeria.

Get or upgrade your inadequate education and stop making a fool of yourself online. You are fortunate people can't put a face to the El Stupido that you are in person.
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 15, 2019
neyobills:

You are not making any sense,British Cameroons is a mandate under the British colony of Nigeria totally different from the British colony of the gold coast.

If u knew your onion you would know Togoland was split into 2 French Togoland which is present day Togo and British Gold coast which is present day Ghana.

Looks like this topic is far above your paygrade and intellectual prowess.

Most of the folks here complain bitterly when a long post is made. How then do you expect them to learn history?

1 Like

Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by neyobills: 7:14am On Apr 16, 2019
kayfra:

Before 1961 and after 1946. We had Nigeria (Country), French Cameroun (Territory under France) and British Cameroons (Territory under the British). Many territories still exists worldwide that aren't considered countries. The islands of Guam and Puerto Rico are examples of territories that are not considered countries.

Jada was part of a British territory before 1961, not Nigeria. After 1961 it became part of the country called Nigeria.

Get or upgrade your inadequate education and stop making a fool of yourself online. You are fortunate people can't put a face to the El Stupido that you are in person.

You putting up a lot of effort to sound stupid just to please yourself and your paymasters,if Jada was part of a British territory before 1961 can u kindly highlight the name of the British territory.

Nigeria gained independence on Oct 1 1960 going by your logic by Oct 2 1960 we had Cameroon, Nigeria and another independent British colony that Jada was part of right.

There has never been any historical record of the British having an independent British Cameroons after the independence of Nigeria, I guess u had to time travel to have a meeting with Lord Lugard to dash them a new colony they never had out of the benevolence of your stupidity.
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by neyobills: 7:20am On Apr 16, 2019
kayfra:

Read a book. Starting on page 10. Learn something new

https://www.un.org/en/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=T/8

Here Is my question of the day, Nigeria gained independence on Oct 1st 1960,in what territory was Jada as at Oct 2nd 1960

(a) Nigeria
(b) Cameroon
(c) An independent British Cameroons colony created by the benevolence of your stupidity?

1 Like

Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by kayfra: 11:33am On Apr 16, 2019
neyobills:

Here Is my question of the day, Nigeria gained independence on Oct 1st 1960,in what territory was Jada as at Oct 2nd 1960

(a) Nigeria
(b) Cameroon
(c) An independent British Cameroons colony created by the benevolence of your stupidity?

British Cameroons

Read and stop sharing ignorance all over the place. Spare some bandwidth for people that actually want to learn. Even after sharing the original charter at the UN you still insist on being incredibly stupid
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by netpro(m): 1:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
kayfra:

British Cameroons

Read and stop sharing ignorance all over the place. Spare some bandwidth for people that actually want to learn. Even after sharing the original charter at the UN you still insist on being incredibly stupid

Atiku is an Alien grin grin grin
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by Warship: 3:07pm On Apr 16, 2019
Deapexboy:

neyobills.

What was the full meaning of NCNC.?

The National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons, was a Nigerian political party from 1944 to 1966.
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by neyobills: 3:10pm On Apr 16, 2019
Warship:
neyobills.

What was the full meaning of NCNC.?

The National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons, was a Nigerian political party from 1944 to 1966.

And what is that supposed to mean?
Re: My Take On Atiku's Cameroonian Heritage by Warship: 3:16pm On Apr 16, 2019
neyobills:

And what is that supposed to mean?

Atiku is a Nigerian by virtue of the fact that, his part of his Cameroon was administered by the British Nigeria after first world war as war booty gotten after the defeat of Germany.

After WW1, Cameroon ceased to be a German colony and was split into 2 of which his part of Cameroon, came under Britain and was administered from Lagos.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra : "We Have Decided To Do It And It Must Be Done" Sowore Meets Nnamdi Kanu / Osibanjo Questioned By CFR In New York Why Corruption Became Worse Under Tenure / 2019 Elections: APC Sends Strong Message To Atiku, May Be ‘arrested’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.