Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,801 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:25 PM

Julia Roberts Converts To Hinduism - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Julia Roberts Converts To Hinduism (1464 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music / Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! / Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji (2) (3) (4)

Julia Roberts Converts To Hinduism by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 07, 2010
Julia Roberts has converted to Hinduism.

The 42-year-old actress - who has five-year-old twins Hazel and Phinnaeus, and son Henry, three, with her cameraman husband Daniel Moder - apparently turned to the religion while filming her latest movie 'Eat Pray Love' in India last year.

She told Elle magazine: "I'm definitely a practising Hindu. Golly, I've been so spoiled with my friends and family in this life. Next time I want to be just something quiet and supporting."

Julia now often visits temples to "chant, pray and celebrate".

In 'Eat Pray Love' - which is based on a memoir by US writer Elizabeth Gilbert - Julia plays a divorcee who decides to travel the world, before finding love in Bali.

During filming in India last year, Julia completely immersed herself in the Hindu culture and was "astounded" during a visit to the Taj Mahal.

The screen beauty was apparently "astounded" by the white marble structure, which is the most famous mausoleum on the globe and listed as one of the "seven wonders of the modern world".

At the time, a source said: "Julia was breathless, absolutely astounded by the Taj. She looked on in wonderment a
as her guide explained the intricate patterns and designs on the marble surface.

"The Taj is a legendary symbol of love and hopefully the monument will be an inspiration to her for her latest film

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/-/entertainment/7724163/julia-roberts-converts-to-hinduism/
Re: Julia Roberts Converts To Hinduism by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 07, 2010
Say what! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Julia Roberts Converts To Hinduism by philip0906(m): 8:17am On Aug 07, 2010
If she likes she should convert 2 satanism. . .I don't watch her films
Re: Julia Roberts Converts To Hinduism by naijacutee(f): 10:22am On Aug 07, 2010
Good for her.
Re: Julia Roberts Converts To Hinduism by puskin: 11:17am On Aug 07, 2010
mMm??. . . .I just give her a year . . maybe two.
Re: Julia Roberts Converts To Hinduism by semid4lyfe(m): 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2010
^^Nothing new

Hollywood stars adopt and discard religions/beliefs like used tissue
Re: Julia Roberts Converts To Hinduism by mamagee3(f): 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2010
This is serious. . .

Hinduism? Is she from an Indian ancestry? undecided
Re: Julia Roberts Converts To Hinduism by bawomolo(m): 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2010
so what caste does she belong to now? he he
Re: Julia Roberts Converts To Hinduism by Dolemite(f): 10:53pm On Aug 07, 2010
Christianity and Hinduism which one is more ridiculous?
Re: Julia Roberts Converts To Hinduism by iice(f): 1:00am On Aug 08, 2010
naijacutee:

Good for her.

Ditto
Re: Julia Roberts Converts To Hinduism by Osama10(m): 2:50am On Aug 08, 2010
Confusion everywhere!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Julia Roberts Converts To Hinduism by UniqueIndiaTour: 11:26am On Nov 26, 2012
On a different note, in case you visit the Taj Mahal, then the items that can be taken inside are mentioned here Taj Mahal Information - Items that you can take and not take inside the Taj Mahal

How Wizkid Beat Ice Prince, Others To Win 2011 Hyundai S U V @ Hip Hop Awards / Naija Comedy King Of Most Repeated Jokes / Premarital S*x Is Okay; You Cant Keep A Relationship Without S*x - Nollywood Act