Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,074 members, 7,821,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! (6044 Views)

Oprah Is A GRANDMA / World Must Flexible Woman Julia Guenthel Shows Things (see Photos / Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by iyeayo(f): 11:36pm On Mar 30, 2011
What nonsense, who is Oprah to think Genevieve should be dancing because she claims she is Nigeria's Julia Roberts?

Sorry, we have enough Julia Roberts roaming on the streets of naija already, thank you very much.

I think Julia Roberts should look up to Genevieve,

Julia Roberts is America's Genevieve Nnaji

1 Like

Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Dolemite(f): 12:14am On Mar 31, 2011
Julia Roberts is a farrrrr more talented actress, Oprah was comparing them on popularity alone, not talent.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by mamagee3(f): 12:16am On Mar 31, 2011
How many threads would this short and simple line create?

We've heard it all, Genevieve is Africa's Julia Roberts.

Now, let's move on.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Thirst4Lif: 5:04am On Mar 31, 2011
The only problem with your argument is, the world doesn't know

WHO THE HELL Genevieve Nnaji IS!!! Everyone knows who

Julia Roberts is! Oprah did the woman a favor by even mentioning

her name. NOW people may research and find out who she is!

So in the end it's good for NNaji that Oprah spoke about her!
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by InkedNerd(f): 5:39am On Mar 31, 2011
@OP: What did you drink to make you post such a thread?
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by tijehi(f): 8:50am On Mar 31, 2011
@ iyeayo
Either u are ignorant or pretty much dumb for your statement.
Gees, u should have kept ur warped opinion to urself and not on forum like this.
The greatest thing dat opera did for Genevieve was saying that she's Africa's Julia Roberts, 'cus she just helped take Gen's career to another whole new level, now people worldwide will want to know whats so sensational about her.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by McCoy91(m): 8:52am On Mar 31, 2011
mama-gee:

How many threads would this short and simple line create?

We've heard it all, Genevieve is Africa's Julia Roberts.

Now, let's move on.

Co-sign
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by MissyB3(f): 9:34am On Mar 31, 2011
Dolemite:

Julia Roberts is a farrrrr more talented actress, Oprah was comparing them on popularity alone, not talent.
I refuse to consider this true. Julia Roberts is more famous and opportuned. I could only rate their talent if they worked in the same industry. Gene is a very talented actress.
What role has Gene played badly that Roberts played perfectly? 

@ OP
I'm with you on this.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Dolemite(f): 10:04am On Mar 31, 2011
Missy ★ B:

I refuse to consider this true. Julia Roberts is more famous and opportuned. I could only rate their talent if they worked in the same industry. Gene is a very talented actress.
What role has Gene played badly that Roberts played perfectly? 
They do work in the same industry, entertainment? Julia Roberts is better, far better, you can't compare the work of someone who does 100 movies in one month to someone who does one or two great movies in a year, and no matter how talented an actress is she still needs the direction of a skilled director to reach full potential. . .these jokers we have in Nollywood don't cut it.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Dolemite(f): 10:05am On Mar 31, 2011
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 31, 2011
Do we really have to insult julia roberts now. No one complained when jim iyke or somebody was called nollywood`s james bond.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by bisiaet: 12:10pm On Mar 31, 2011
They do work in the same industry, entertainment? Julia Roberts is better, far better, you can't compare the work of someone who does 100 movies in one month to someone who does one or two great movies in a year, and no matter how talented an actress is she still needs the direction of a skilled director to reach full potential. . .these jokers we have in Nollywood don't cut it.

You are very correct.

Beside please can the administrator of this site sanction this sort of Robert & Genevieve nonsense? We had seen this same names several time on this site for this same time wasting and depressed topic. Are we going to spend eternity on Julia Roberts Genevieve talk while there are loads of good thread out there to have a constructive discussion about? May God help in this stuff of recycling talk over and over and over it really pissed me off.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by babyme1(f): 12:11pm On Mar 31, 2011
@Post: You are correct cool
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by iyeayo(f): 12:12pm On Mar 31, 2011
bisiaet:

You are very correct.

Beside please can the administrator of this site sanction this sort of Robert & Genevieve nonsense? We had seen this same names several time on this site for this same time wasting and depressed topic. Are we going to spend eternity on Julia Roberts Genevieve talk while there are loads of good thread out there to have a constructive discussion about? May God help in this stuff of recycling talk over and over and over it really pissed me off.

eh yah!! pele!
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by dominique(f): 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2011
thread that make homepage these days lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by emmatok(m): 12:28pm On Mar 31, 2011
LOL

How can you compare Julia Roberts to Genevieve.

Ok make we compare Tupac to Rugged Man. grin grin grin grin grin

Genevieve is a local champion. She cannot match Julia Roberts in any thing.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by babyboy3(m): 12:38pm On Mar 31, 2011

Tell me your joking?

Comparing Gene to Julia Robert is like Comparing a Skate board to a Formula 1 racing car, This is a woman that has gone from acting in Romance to Adventure, Comedy to Thriller, Gene acts the same way whether its Romance or adventure
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by MissyB3(f): 12:47pm On Mar 31, 2011
tpiah!:

Do we really have to insult julia roberts now. No one complained when jim iyke or somebody was called nollywood`s james bond.
Tpia, this shouldn't be seen as an insult to anyone unless there's already a vain feeling of superiority over another on the part of one the actresses or an awful feeling of inferiority on the part of self-made judges like you and me.
This is a simple act of appreciating one's own. The poster's message implies 'if Genevieve can be compared to Julia Roberts, Julia Roberts can also be compared to Genevieve, for Genevieve is just as good as Julia Roberts''.  cool Julia Roberts is a star in her world and, so is Gene, in hers. As famous and 'influential' as Julia Roberts is, some people would choose Gene over her. I, for example.

I don't know why people are making exorbitant noise over the poster's message.

baby-boy:

Tell me your joking?

Comparing Gene to Julia Robert is like Comparing a Skate board to a Formula 1 racing car,  This is a woman that has gone from acting in Romance to Adventure, Comedy to Thriller,  Gene acts the same way whether its Romance or adventure
I really do not have  time to engage everyone. Make it easier by giving reasons as to why you think so.
Oprah made a mistake doing so? Should Genevieve be compared WITH, and not TO, Julia Roberts? Both of them shouldn't even be objects of comparison?

Genevieve has stuck to playing the role of a lover girl only? 

Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by bigfat05: 12:57pm On Mar 31, 2011
lol  lol  lol lol  can you compare  jide kosoko to spartacus
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by babyme1(f): 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2011
Nigerians and their complex problems! So anything that is not Nigerian is better? Mmmmmm, some of you have a long road to walk before getting there
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Meldrick(m): 1:20pm On Mar 31, 2011
iyeayo:

What nonsense, who is Oprah to think Genevieve should be dancing because she claims she is Nigeria's Julia Roberts?

Sorry, we have enough Julia Roberts roaming on the streets of naija already, thank you very much.

I think Julia Roberts should look up to Genevieve,

Julia Roberts is America's Genevieve Nnaji
Shut up ya dirty mouth. angry If you could me closer to me, I would have landed a dirty slap on your cheek for such blasphemy. How dare you? angry angry
Even Genevieve said she was flattered when Oprah called her Nollywood's Julia Roberts. Genny felt elated. You should be comparing Genny with Jackie Appiah, Omotola e.t.c. Ver soon, you will start comparing Jim Iyke with Brad Pitt.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Sibe007(m): 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2011
FYI some AFRICANS may not know Julia Robert or may not even be interested in knowing her,
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by naijangel7(f): 3:09pm On Mar 31, 2011
Oprah said that 2 years ago. why is it such a big deal all of a sudden undecided
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by McCoy91(m): 3:15pm On Mar 31, 2011
Meldrick:

Shut up ya dirty mouth. angry If you could me closer to me, I would have landed a dirty slap on your cheek for such blasphemy. How dare you? angry angry
Even Genevieve said she was flattered when Oprah called her Nollywood's Julia Roberts. Genny felt elated. You should be comparing Genny with Jackie Appiah, Omotola e.t.c. Ver soon, you will start comparing Jim Iyke with Brad Pitt.
Lmao
Sibe007:

FYI some AFRICANS may not know Julia Robert or may not even be interested in knowing her,
Yeah, and some africans don't know Carlos Slim but know Adenuga, ie., it doesn't matter if they know her or not.

1 Like

Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by DrKnow1(m): 3:25pm On Mar 31, 2011
How on earth do you compare the two actresses? One is an opportunist made popular by media hypes and multi-million dollars publicity and promotions; the other is pure beauty and raw talent who still triumphs internationaly inspite of so many challenges and obstacles. Why can't we learn to cherish our very own? That is why we are always regarded as second class citizens everywhere we go. By the way, who is Julia Roberts? I love my African Queen to bits, my very own Genevieve, she is no damn Julia Robbot!
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by chigo4u: 3:26pm On Mar 31, 2011
iyeayo:

You again!!!! You are the most foolish of all, as if I don't know you, NEXT!
You know your father. iidddioottt! You know me from where. Dull human being making dull comparisons
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by babyboy3(m): 3:46pm On Mar 31, 2011
Nigerians and their complex problems! So anything that is not Nigerian is better?

Lets forget where they (JR and GN) are from, lets forget what race or continent they are from.

Who is the better Actress? Julia or Genevieve!!! its a simple question, its got nothing to do with complex! on this very site everyone takes joy in saying that the Nigeria performers are better than the Ghanaians!!! but some people tend to burst a blood vessel the opposition moves away from a Gollywood star to a Hollywood star,

The reality is, if it was the Music industry I would say yes the gap is closing dramatically between the Nigerian and western world , but in the Movie industry! oh please! not even close,  Genevieve is not even in the same class as Kirsty Dunst or Vivica Fox let alone Julia Robert!!!!

Why can't we learn to cherish our very own?

So because I cherish my own, I should say Mikel Obi is better than Lionel Messi??
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by blackmale(m): 4:04pm On Mar 31, 2011
for how long re we going to discuss about this matter, opral didnt do anything wrong about the comparism, she was just commenting on the good work of genny, thats all, lets move on and stop this matter for crying out loud.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by babyme1(f): 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2011
baby-boy:

Lets forget where they (JR and GN) are from, lets forget what race or continent they are from.

Who is the better Actress? Julia or Genevieve!!! its a simple question, its got nothing to do with complex! on this very site everyone takes joy in saying that the Nigeria performers are better than the Ghanaians!!! but some people tend to burst a blood vessel the opposition moves away from a Gollywood start to a Hollywood star,

The reality is, if it was the Music industry I would say yes the gap is closing dramatically between the Nigerian and western world , but in the Movie industry! oh please! not even close,  Genevieve is not even in the same class as Kirsty Dunst or Vivica Fox let alone Julia Robert!!!!

So because I cherish my own, I should say Mikel Obi is better than Lionel Messi??

Can you summarise your post? undecided
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 31, 2011
can you compare jide kosoko to spartacus

why not.

who's hugh grant in nollywood btw.

romantic movies, bit of a nerd, handsome, etc etc.

anyone like that? Maybe that afolayan fellow.

still thinking about it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adekunle Gold Biography/ Songs/girl Friend / Naira Marley Is A Graduate With Masters Degree,i Pity Marlians Dont Graduate Fan / Blackbeauty Lady Celebrates Her Birthday With Nude Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.