Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Jaguar S-type 2002 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Jaguar S-type 2002 (2781 Views)

Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque / Would You Buy This 1954 Jaguar D-type Le Mans Racer For N7.3 Billion? (photos) / Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jaguar S-type 2002 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2018
Hello.. Please I need counsel on the purchase of a used jaguar s-type from a friend's car stand. I have actually used the car for over a month. No issues apart from the gear selector cable which I knew was bad before taking it. I changed the selector cable and car performs normal.. I did enjoy the ride on my 7hours journey to my home town with AC on.. No sign of overheating.. with all the portholes I entered, the car served me to & fro without stoppage.. Please house buying this car @800k, is it a good buy? Also, are the parts available? Is the maintenance cost extra-high?? Can a resident of Abuja easily get a mechanic to fix this car? Also, should parts like Engine/gear box gets bad, can one get a replacement in Nigeria?? Please kindly advise so your Brother won't be lost... Thanks
Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by sultaan(m): 11:08pm On Dec 29, 2018
It uses Ford parts and you may have to shop some in.

It is up to you if you like the car, there are very few Toyota and Honda in the market at that price that will make that type of journey

2 Likes

Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by valarinz: 11:07am On Dec 30, 2018
86Vision:
Hello.. Please I need counsel on the purchase of a used jaguar s-type from a friend's car stand. I have actually used the car for over a month. No issues apart from the gear selector cable which I knew was bad before taking it. I changed the selector cable and car performs normal.. I did enjoy the ride on my 7hours journey to my home town with AC on.. No sign of overheating.. with all the portholes I entered, the car served me to & fro without stoppage.. Please house buying this car @800k, is it a good buy? Also, are the parts available? Is the maintenance cost extra-high?? Can a resident of Abuja easily get a mechanic to fix this car? Also, should parts like Engine/gear box gets bad, can one get a replacement in Nigeria?? Please kindly advise so your Brother won't be lost... Thanks

After flexing the car for free and showing off at your home town, you're now on NL looking for an excuse to drop the car and bolt.

You want to show your friend comments on NL that made you decide not to commit, instead of manning up to tell him the car has already served its purpose, time to move on. That's why most people will never do their neighbours good undecided

6 Likes

Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:23am On Dec 30, 2018
Dealers. So your friend gave you the car to use for a month, and if you don't buy it, he'll find someone else to dump it on. When did it become common practice to let people drive cars that are on sale in a lot?

3 Likes

Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by asamwababy: 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
sultaan:
It uses Ford parts and you may have to shop some in.

It is up to you if you like the car, there are very few Toyota and Honda in the market at that price that will make that type of journey

Exactly uses Ford parts.

But pray to never have a fuel pump issue becuase to get it out is hell.

Watch the below as i have been a victim too but its a strong car and fun to drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoWZz1ckRGw
Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2018
valarinz:

After flexing the car for free and showing off at your home town, you're now on NL looking for an excuse to drop the car and bolt.

You want to show your friend comments on NL that made you decide not to commit, instead of manning up to tell him the car has already served its purpose, time to move on. That's why most people will never do their neighbours good undecided

Lol... Bro U funny... At all times I pick up a car of choice from my friend's car stand for a town ride or journey... I only developed a soft spot for this jag that is making me unwilling to let go... Just wonna know if the parts are available.. That's all... If I borrow car show off, wetin I gain? Are my living for people or for my self?? I am just a trusted friend that doesn't abuse it...

3 Likes

Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2018
HeavenlyBang:
Dealers. So your friend gave you the car to use for a month, and if you don't buy it, he'll find someone else to dump it on. When did it become common practice to let people drive cars that are on sale in a lot?

Doesn't seem like the response to my question/in line with my post Sir... Pls kindly read my post again and comment if you have an idea
Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by CityNGR: 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2018
86Vision:

Doesn't seem like the response to my question/in line with my post Sir... Pls kindly read my post again and comment if you have an idea

https://www.edmunds.com/jaguar/s-type/2002/consumer-reviews/#

See another review

Smoothest ride I've ever owned. After owing a Porsche, and a BMW - I'd stick with the Jag. Handling is very smooth and agile. The 3.0 has plenty of get-up-and-go. It's really the best road car I've ever owned. Steering is spot on. Brakes are very smooth. Running mid-grade it's 23+ with local driving and 29+ over the road. Overall just a very nice luxury-sport car. And yes, I'll buy an S-Type again
Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by sultaan(m): 2:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
asamwababy:

Exactly uses Ford parts.

But pray to never have a fuel pump issue becuase to get it out is hell.

Watch the below as i have been a victim too but its a strong car and fun to drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoWZz1ckRGw

Sometimes others know an easier way of doing things the attached video shows another way of replacing the fuel pump.I think Scotty Kilmer got this one wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5r1OMxA51s
Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:06pm On Dec 30, 2018
sultaan:

Sometimes others know an easier way of doing things the attached video shows another way of replacing the fuel pump.I think Scotty Kilmer got this one wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5r1OMxA51s

What a surprise. grin

Scotty's a bumbling idiot. I wouldn't use him as reference for anything.

2 Likes

Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by asamwababy: 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2018
I have owned this car and i can tell you the fuel pump issue is hell.

1 Like

Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2018
asamwababy:
I have owned this car and i can tell you the fuel pump issue is hell.

No available for purchase or difficult to fix Sir??

1 Like

Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by asamwababy: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2018
86Vision:

No available for purchase or difficult to fix Sir??

Its available but very difficult to fix.

That is the only major issue i had with the car.

If your alternator goes bad,please replace with EXACT type in vehicle.Do not use another alternator with a close rating.

Enjoy the car its fun to drive and own.

2 Likes

Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

What a surprise. grin

Scotty's a bumbling idiot. I wouldn't use him as reference for anything.

I think Scotty has more knowledge in Japanese cars especially Toyotas
Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2018
greenhulk:

I think Scotty has more knowledge in Japanese cars especially Toyotas

He better does, since he never fails to remind us of how good his bloody Celica is.

1 Like

Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by lilkech(m): 3:35pm On Dec 31, 2018
86Vision:

If you like the Jaguar get it. It’s a very capable car. The engine has very high tolerance for abuse and extra powerful.

If it’s an AWD version just remember to never use it in bad road. The rear axle does not tolerate bumps and scrapes at all. If you’re driving in Abuja and environs where the roads are fair you will enjoy the ride. Maintenance wise it’s average and fuel consumption is usual for a 3 liter engine

2 Likes

Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by Nobody: 2:33am On Jan 01, 2019
I agree with the previous poster.

Abuja has lotsbof goodnroads and you will enjoy your jag for a long time. Make sure you're timely with maintenance.

1 Like

Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 02, 2019
Thanks Guys for ur inputs.... Finally I made up my mind... I am positive this car would serve/last until my kids would have to use it to learn how to drive...

1 Like

Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by CityNGR: 8:30am On Jan 02, 2019
86Vision:
Thanks Guys for ur inputs.... Finally I made up my mind... I am positive this car would serve/last until my kids would have to use it to learn how to drive...
How much?
Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by valarinz: 12:15pm On Jan 02, 2019
86Vision:

Good...i hereby withdraw and apologise for my previous unpleasant comment. Long may your new car last!!

1 Like

Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by CityNGR: 12:20pm On Jan 02, 2019
valarinz:

Good...i hereby withdraw and apologise for my previous unpleasant comment. Long may your new car last!!
That's my boy.
Re: Jaguar S-type 2002 by Edatomola(m): 10:47am On Jul 22, 2021
I have own this s type 3 deferent times the 4th is the 204 I'm using currently, the truth is the only japanese car that use here in Nigeria here that can be compared to this car is the Lexus, its far reliable and stronger than so called Toyota and Honda that Nigerian believe are the best, the engine, gear , suspension, body etc are far long lasting and rugged that any Toyota and Honda, and the parts are cheap and available in the market Nigerian have not realize it yet if not they will abandon Toyota ,Honda etc Nigerian believe so much in those japanese cars and they worship them like if never buy a Toyota you Neva buy a good car, that's far from the truth this particular s type is far better and reliable once it's not converted or tampered with from previous owners all cars depends on good maintainance history, with my experiences with deferent cars in life, I can never be fooled to believe that Toyotas are the only good car, don't even like them..

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

9 Best Cars For Students In Nigeria / Photo: Can You Put This Car Picture In The Correct Order? / Toyota Avalon Transmission Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.