Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians (390 Views)

Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria / Vote For APC No Matter How Angry You Are - Amaechi Tells Supporters / 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians by PMBNG(m): 11:08pm On Dec 28, 2018
Should Nigerians return the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to power in 2019, the country will experience another round of recession, Rotimi Amaechi, Transportation Minister, has said.

Mr Amaechi, a former Rivers Governor, stated this on Friday at the All Progressive Congress (APC) presidential flag-off campaign in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital.

“If you vote for the other party, let me tell you what will happen. They are so hungry that if they come out, they will be too busy stealing money that by the time Nigerians realise it, we are back to recession,” the former governor said.

Nigeria experienced its worst economic recession in 2016 under the leadership of the APC. The nation’s economy snapped out of its first recession in 25 years late 2017.

Amaechi who acknowledged that Nigerians were indeed hungry said the hunger is caused by the mindless looting by the PDP which had held sway since 1999 until in 2015 when the party was chased out of power.

“You are hungry because they stole the money. If the money was here, you wouldn’t have been hungry,” he said.

The minister, also the director general of President Muhammadu Buhari re-election campaign, noted the difference between the two major political parties.

“You know, the difference between us and the other party (PDP) is that they are not saying that they are not corrupt.

“They say we are corrupt, but APC is also corrupt. They agree that the president is not corrupt. What they are saying is those around the president are corrupt. But they agree that they are corrupt.

“We are saying as APC that we are not corrupt and that we are fighting corruption. Whether you are APC or PDP, when you are corrupt we will fight you.”

Mr Buhari, accompanied to the rally by the APC national chairman, Adams Oshiomhole; a national leader of the party, Bola Tinubu, and some of the APC governors, is seeking a second term in office.

His administration has severally blamed the PDP for the woes that has befallen his regime even though most of his current associates and allies were former members of the opposition.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/2019-vote-pdp-nigeria-back-recession-amaechi-nigerians/
Re: 2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians by Larryfest(m): 11:11pm On Dec 28, 2018
And voting APC won't bring about recession right It seems this guy forgot that it's during this administration the country went into recession and God knows we are still in it till now...

3 Likes

Re: 2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians by PMBNG(m): 11:11pm On Dec 28, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: 2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians by Donald95(m): 11:16pm On Dec 28, 2018
I will believe only when I have successfully donated my brains to Olamide for Yahoo plus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 28, 2018
100% TRUE.

Nigerians will never allow PDP to rule this country anymore.

Once bitten.........

1 Like

Re: 2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 28, 2018
Donald95:
I will believe only when I have successfully donated my brains to Olamide for Yahoo plus

2 Likes

Re: 2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians by Damsyjay(m): 11:20pm On Dec 28, 2018
Not only recession, it will also bring back disaster to Nigeria
Re: 2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 28, 2018
Larryfest:
And voting APC won't bring about recession right It seems this guy forgot that it's during this administration the country went into recession and God knows we are still in it till now...

1 Like

Re: 2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians by Donald95(m): 11:22pm On Dec 28, 2018
TheGreenLand:
You don't have the capability to understand. Yours is gone already
Re: 2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 28, 2018
Damsyjay:
Not only recession, it will also bring back disaster to Nigeria
GBAM!!
No more PDP in our country......forever and ever, AMEN!

1 Like

Re: 2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians by oluwatosink: 11:23pm On Dec 28, 2018
True talk.. No way for useless pdp and Atiku. smiley

1 Like

Re: 2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 28, 2018
Donald95:

You don't have the capability to understand. Yours is gone already
The Wailing boy is here!

1 Like

Re: 2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 28, 2018
oluwatosink:
True talk..
No way for useless pdp and Atiku. smiley
No way for Athiku the thief and his gangs

1 Like

Re: 2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians by Abortions: 11:31pm On Dec 28, 2018
u the Party that are not too busy stealing money and not hungry what have u done for the past 4 wasted years Ok Sorry i forgot u are still fighting corruption... Bye bye

1 Like

Re: 2019: If You Vote PDP, Nigeria 'll Go Back To Recession, Amaechi Tells Nigerians by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2018
Am I missing anything

Is Nigeria out of recession

Lolzzzzzz your presidency is a 2 time recessionist and you are there saying trash!!!

Someone please get me a stone!

We steal because Nigerians don't stone us- Amaechi- Vanguard ...
https://www.nigerianbulletin.com › threads

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gboyega Oyetola, Omisore And Ooni Of Ife Present At Thank You Visit Hall Meeting / CJN. Will Not Step Aside Or Resign. / EXCLUSIVE: ‘atiku To Travel To The US ‘very, Very, Very Soon’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.