Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,804 members, 7,813,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den (12471 Views)

Man Escapes From Kidnappers' Den After He & 5 Others Were Abducted In Kogi / Suspected Herdsmen Kidnap Four Reverend Fathers In Delta / Model Onyinye Spends 8 Days In Kidnappers’ Den (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by Jentle244: 7:50am On Dec 29, 2018
2 Reverend Fathers attached to St. Theresa’s Parish, Umueze Anam in Anambra West local government area of Anambra State, who were kidnapped on the Christmas Eve on their way to an official function in Onitsha, regained their freedom yesterday after four days in the kidnappers’ den.

The victims, Rev Fr Peter Nwachukwu, the parish priest of St Theresa’s Parish, Umueze-Anam and Rev Fr Cajetan Apeh, the assistant parish priest, had since reunited with their families, according to a statement by the Anambra State police command. Police Police patrol team attached to Otuocha Division had earlier recovered a light grey Toyota Corolla Car with registration number FST 689 FL belonging to one of the Reverend Fathers, which was abandoned by the kidnappers at Nneyi- Umueri road. For four days the whereabouts of the clergy men were unknown, resulting in an anxiety in many parts of the state, especially as the incidence of kidnapping had reduced in the state for some years. Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Mohammed Haruna said yesterday that Police special teams comprising the Federal Special Anti Robbery Squad, FSARS, Police Mobile Force, PMF, and Counter Terrorism Special Anti Cult unit, in conjunction with other security agencies and the Anambra State Vigilante group, had mounted an intensive search, which led to their rescue. He said that following the joint operations since the incident took place and with the aid of a modern technology and aerial surveillance due to difficult terrain in the area, the abductors were forced to abandon their victims at about 6:45pm on 27/12/2018 Although he did not state where the victims were rescued, the PPRO said that efforts were being intensified to apprehend perpetrators of the heinous crime in order to bring them to justice. He said the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Garba Umar had used the opportunity of the rescue of the Reverend Fathers to reassure Anambra people of their safety during the yuletide period and beyond. “The CP further warned all criminal elements that Anambra is not a place to operate as they will surely meet their waterloo and be dealt with decisively in accordance with the law,” the PPRO said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/two-rev-frs-regain-freedom-after-4-days-in-kidnappers-den-in-anambra/

Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by Mrtoks: 8:22am On Dec 29, 2018
Oya make una go do thanksgiving and give back una member tithe money wink
Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by iamvictorbassey: 8:28am On Dec 29, 2018
Was expecting them to pray for Jesus to invade the place in a Rambo style, you know. Do some Hollywood Iron Man things. grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by Ernchibyke(m): 8:29am On Dec 29, 2018
Nawa o
Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by arabbunkum: 8:29am On Dec 29, 2018
God be praised.

3 Likes

Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by Kenekingisback: 8:29am On Dec 29, 2018
Was handsome ransom paid?
Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by Yabroda: 8:29am On Dec 29, 2018
Thank God

1 Like

Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by theoldpretender(m): 8:29am On Dec 29, 2018
Mrtoks:
Oya make una go do thanksgiving and give back una member tithe money wink

I'm not Roman Catholic...but I doubt the RC church is into tithes like other churches...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by mytime24(f): 8:31am On Dec 29, 2018
Thank God

1 Like

Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by Ernchibyke(m): 8:31am On Dec 29, 2018
Rev father's attract this kidnappers
They live exorbitant lifestyle, driving expensive cars & living in mansions,lest dey don't travel with security convoys like some top notched Pentecostal pastors do. Why won't they be kidnapped.
Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by theoldpretender(m): 8:32am On Dec 29, 2018
The South East has a kidnapping problem....and it is high time something is done about it.
Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by bentlywills(m): 8:32am On Dec 29, 2018
Thank God
Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by obembet(f): 8:32am On Dec 29, 2018
Ernchibyke:
Rev father's attract this kidnappers
They live exorbitant lifestyle, driving expensive cars & living in mansions,lest dey don't travel with security convoys like some top notched Pentecostal pastors do. Why won't they be kidnapped.

May God forgive u. Can you leave without pussy for 1 year?

1 Like

Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by JuzzJoel: 8:33am On Dec 29, 2018
iamvictorbassey:
Was expecting them to pray for Jesus to invade the place in a Rambo style, you know. Do some Hollywood Iron Man things. grin grin

I feel you can do better than this

2 Likes

Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by theoldpretender(m): 8:34am On Dec 29, 2018
iamvictorbassey:

HMMM

I think it would be easy for Jesus to walk in and set the Rev Fathers free...and yes, He has done that in the past.

BUT...

The more important thing here is that Jesus setting the fathers free won't do anything about the evil that drove the

1.Men to kidnap

2.Men and women to run government badly at all levels, leading to poverty

3.The choices that the kidnappers made to do illegitimate hustle...instead of working hard for their bread.

Jesus came to change men's hearts...and here is the thing...he has given us the choice...to follow him or not. When Jesus called Peter and company, he did not force them, he offered them a choice.

Jesus saving the guys without doing anything about the bad stuff of man's choices that led to the kidnap....that is not salvation....that'spapering over the cracks.

So, are people willing to do the right thing.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by Ernchibyke(m): 8:34am On Dec 29, 2018
theoldpretender:

I'm not Roman Catholic...but I doubt the RC church is into tithes like other churches...
See this one
Pentecostals copied from them after the Martin Luther revolution
Just that they have so many means of collecting money from members other than tithe,thereby making tithe loose a relevance in the church
Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by zombieTRACKER: 8:35am On Dec 29, 2018
How much was paid.....

Insecurity everywhere... Buhari legacies
Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by Ernchibyke(m): 8:35am On Dec 29, 2018
theoldpretender:
The South East has a kidnapping problem....and it is high time something is done about it.
Afonja spotted

1 Like

Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by alawi5k: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2018
iamvictorbassey:
Get well soon

2 Likes

Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by zombieTRACKER: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2018
Ernchibyke:

See this one
Pentecostals copied from them after the Martin Luther revolution
Just that they have so many means of collecting money from members other than tithe,thereby making tithe loose a relevance in the church

Roman Catholic Church is not into tithe

Drum it into your ears now
theoldpretender:

1 Like

Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by iamvictorbassey: 8:38am On Dec 29, 2018
alawi5k:
Get well soon
And you too bro
Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by Ernchibyke(m): 8:39am On Dec 29, 2018
obembet:

May God forgive u. Can you leave without pussy for 1 year?
I can brother,and I have been leaving without it for years, without masturbating sef. So my own conviction tough pass sef
The bitter truth is that most of them don't live without it.
I attented a Catholic minor seminary,(St John Vianney seminary Barkin Ladi),so believe me when I say what I say

1 Like

Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 29, 2018
who do we blame for all kidnapping?
Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by Echo50(m): 8:41am On Dec 29, 2018
Thanks to God for safe delivery

1 Like

Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by iamvictorbassey: 8:41am On Dec 29, 2018
JuzzJoel:

I feel you can do better than this
Like believe the scam religion right?
Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by Simeony007(m): 8:42am On Dec 29, 2018
H
Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by kalvoken(m): 8:42am On Dec 29, 2018
Wow all glory to God almighty.

This is a very good news to my village people. Yes the whole village has been in tears since 24the of December when the Reverend was kidnapped. Rumors had it that he has been killed, as the kidnappers never called for ransom. The cross over night will be very sweet in my home parish (St Joseph parish imufu, enugwu-eagle, Enugu state)

Rev Cejaten Apeh is a newly ordained priest (between august and September this year)
HE IS THE FIRST SON OF THE SOIL TO BECOME REV FATHER IN MY VILLAGE.

Once again all praise to God almighty.

4 Likes

Re: Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den by theoldpretender(m): 8:43am On Dec 29, 2018
Ernchibyke:

Afonja spotted

The South East has a kidnapping problem,and as I have lived and worked there before, and have friends from there, and actually love and miss the place, I am concerned.

If the problem is not solved....investors will run away, jobs will be lost, more Easterners will leave for other parts of Nigeria and the world to make their money in relative peace, and the economy suffers.

Sorry, but truth is truth. And if we Nigerians don't face the truth about our problems they will overwhelm us in ways we don't like.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture / One Dies As Explosion Rocks Dangote Cement Plant / It's A Traffic Violation To Break Into Siren Blaring Security Convoy– Police ACP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.