Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,893 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News (15183 Views)

Bala Lau Demands ₦100 Million From Sahara Reporters For Reporting His Death / Dino Melaye Calls Out Sahara Reporters For Undervaluing His 3 G-wagons / Boko Haram Releases Pictures Of Weapons Seized From Army In Baga- Terror Monitor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by IamPatriotic(m): 11:13am On Dec 29, 2018
aonag:

lol. dont say this again.... intl news reporters dont have men on ground? they wont even publish it if it were not true or they would say unconfirmed reports

Oh! You think BBC and CNN are omnipresent, you're wrong, they can't be everywhere at all times, there was a sensational story about a mudslide in a village Kenya in 2014 and BBC reported it and blew the casualties way out of proportion, blaming the Kenyan Government and the Government became very embarrassed by the report and swung into action, probed the incident report and it all turned out to be fake news, BBC had to apologise and claimed that the terrain of the village impaired them from gaining access and disclosed that their report was based on the account of a local reporter who gave their Nairobi correspondent the news.

So international media can goof too just like our local ones, after all, they're all human.

1 Like

Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 29, 2018
PresidentAtiku:
I wish your brother is in the army fighting these terrorists and then having a government filled with lies and lying about casualties all for political gains
No coherence

1 Like

Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by Nigerianization(m): 11:16am On Dec 29, 2018
Government and the military in particular must jettison this habit of living in denial.
They are quick to refute alleged false information or fake news but will not furnish the public with real time situation of ongoing counterinsurgency operations.

Truth is, news must flow, so it is better they lead the way in information dissemination or they will always be refuting or clarifying reports.

The choice is theirs

1 Like

Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by sapoyoro(m): 11:19am On Dec 29, 2018
Ray97:
BBC get sources from local reporters, they don't have men on ground. yes BAGA was attacked but the casualty figures and effects of the attack might be exaggerated. if you are familiar with journalism you'll know that the public believes a story more when an anonymous person is mentioned as the source to a news. its better than telling them its a guess or assumption...
you have points..
Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by ehissi(m): 11:20am On Dec 29, 2018
Ww
Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by Aystarz: 11:22am On Dec 29, 2018
gurunlocker:
Make we dey deceive ourselves for this country...

From Buhari, to Boko Haram, to Army, Sahara reporters, PDP, APC, wailers and zombies.....

Truth in this administration is just getting scarcer and scarcer by the day. Why is it so hard to tell the truth?? It's as though the APC and NA have been programmed to fear it

1 Like

Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by Azord(m): 11:22am On Dec 29, 2018
Lucifer66:
The NA is a disgrace, The men fighting this war are fools.
I can bet my left hand that a single soldier can't speak proper English talk less of going to war.
Thousands are dead but they foolishly keep lying and denying the truth.
don't ever in or life speak like this to the army of or nation. fake or no fake news pray for them, that's the only thing they need from u.
criticizing solves nothing are u fighting with English they have their languages if they can't speak English change or idea.

1 Like

Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by baralatie(m): 11:22am On Dec 29, 2018
aijazeeera and BBC are fake news also? hian!

1 Like

Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 29, 2018
Lucifer66:
I can bet my left hand that a single soldier can't speak proper English talk less of going to war.

You must be one of those Igbos youth that has never left them village, DO YOU REALLY THINK THE ARMY CAN HIDE A THOUSAND DEAD BODIES.
Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 29, 2018
aonag:

lol. dont say this again.... intl news reporters dont have men on ground? they wont even publish it if it were not true or they would say unconfirmed reports
I knw wat am saying. BBC quoted a local source that claimed that an anonymous intelligence officer is giving them the information..

2 Likes

Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by Johnnico1: 11:27am On Dec 29, 2018
Lucifer66:

English teacher
Talk less❌
It's either you use the word 'let alone' or 'not to talk of'
Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by shachris02: 11:47am On Dec 29, 2018
Ray97:
BBC get sources from local reporters, they don't have men on ground. yes BAGA was attacked but the casualty figures and effects of the attack might be exaggerated. if you are familiar with journalism you'll know that the public believes a story more when an anonymous person is mentioned as the source to a news. its better than telling them its a guess or assumption...

you my friend is,very naive....BBC doesn't have reporters on ground ? ignorance is actually a disease.
Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by hush15: 11:49am On Dec 29, 2018
Ray97:
RE: EXCLUSIVE: ‘ABOUT 700 SOLDIERS MISSING, MORE THAN 2,000 TRAPPED’ AS BOKO HARAM TAKES OVER BAGA
AdminDec 28, 20182
Our attention has been drawn to a news story with the headline “EXCLUSIVE: ‘About 700 Soldiers Missing, More Than 2,000 Trapped’ As Boko Haram Takes Over Baga” on Sahara Reporters website alleging that such number of soldiers were trapped and the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) could not do anything to extricate them. This is not only untrue but a deliberate mischief on the part of the medium to create erroneous impression about the military and the concerted effort of the ongoing clearing and mop up operations in the general area. Therefore, no one could give accurate details of the encounter yet, as the troops have been reinforced and are busy with pursuit and mopping up operations against the terrorists.
Consequently, Sahara Reporters is advised to be more responsible in its reportage and always cross check its facts before posting it on its website.
The medium’s position is understandable because the reality on the ground does tally with an earlier scripted or expected narrative handed out by Boko Haram terrorists and their sympathizers as was the case in previous instance. We wish to reiterate that we shall keep the public informed of true position of things in the Theatre.
You are please requested to disseminate this information to the public through your medium.
Thank you for your kind cooperation.
SANI KUKASHEKA USMAN
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
28th December 2018.

https://www.army.mil.ng/re-exclusive-about-700-soldiers-missing-more-than-2000-trapped-as-boko-haram-takes-over-baga/

BBC nko? they should also go slam those ones too now
Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by shachris02: 11:51am On Dec 29, 2018
4601CE:
Sahara reporters should be punished for this .
Which yèyé slam

yes punish the free Press for reporting the truth. .

this dictatorship your people are creating....when it comes better don't run anywhere.
Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by Tysonu2be: 11:54am On Dec 29, 2018
The Nigerian Military have become a practical joke! I don't just know if they are so desperate to make the headlines and to show their relevance as a garrison. I must say, I am really bewildered by the landslide decline in decadence of the Nigerian Military, how can you come out publicly to voice out such a con artist move that Boko Haram took over your barracks, where in this world have you seen an insurgent that would be so stupid to come in flesh and blood to the enemy's base; where all sort of ammunition are at a ready point to tear down any form of impromptu siege!! I just can't fathom the logic behind this fallacious and fable news making the rounds on all platform of Baga attack.! cry
Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 29, 2018
shachris02:

yes punish the free Press for reporting the truth. .

this dictatorship your people are creating....when it comes better don't run anywhere.
No coherence
Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by Kevsman(m): 12:04pm On Dec 29, 2018
Lucifer66:
Soldiers can't speak proper English? Lol. You are a big fool for this.
Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 29, 2018
Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by able1993(m): 12:09pm On Dec 29, 2018
Nigerians would have no problem believing you if you have done the right thing and come out to explain what happened instead of some revealing what happened and you coming out to deny it or modify it. Nigerians can no longer stand the lies of present government and even if reporters lie, people tend to believe them than this present government......

Do you think you can't make it in life or you need success strategies, best ways to approach life, grooming and guidance, way to academic and business success, or motivational and inspirational articles, then visit www.motivate.com.ng
Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by Lucifer66(m): 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
Azord:
don't ever in or life speak like this to the army of or nation. fake or no fake news pray for them, that's the only thing they need from u.
criticizing solves nothing are u fighting with English they have their languages if they can't speak English change or idea.
Let them die.
I still remember 2 weeks ago I saw 2 goats for soldiers kicking a man's car on the express way while driving ridiculously fast.
I feel no pity for those who oppress us.
Useless men.
Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by qintus: 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
Now what are they going to do to BBC? propaganda doesn't win this type of war, get serious and face the terrorist you are loosing patriotic soldiers everyday good men that should never have died if not for lies and deceit and burying them like chickens who deserves to be slammed

1 Like

Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by okomogo(m): 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2018
aonag:

Bros leave that guy, some people can go any length to defend the stipends they are getting. BBC or CNN have insiders that give them authentic information even more than our local media.
Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
PresidentAtiku:
I wish your brother is in the army fighting these terrorists and then having a government filled with lies and lying about casualties all for political gains
i get broda for army and friends ,bh are winning now according to dem ,they say we should pray ,is getting worse everyday

2 Likes

Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by Amumaigwe: 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ray97:

Fake news only thrive in the absence of timely information disemination from authorized institutions. NA should deal with it.
Re: BAGA: Nigeria Army Slams Sahara Reporters For Reporting Fake News by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2018
shachris02:

you my friend is,very naive....BBC doesn't have reporters on ground ? ignorance is actually a disease.
yes bbc dosent have men in baga at that time, there wer only quoting a source. Check the bbc website and see for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun 2022: Lasun Yusuff Says LP Will Surprise Many By Winning The Election / Sanwo-olu Performs Ground Breakin Ceremony Of Food Security And Logistics Hub / Reinstate Betta Edu As Minister, Middle Belt Coalition Begs Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.