Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Any Dr. Who fans in the house? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Any Dr. Who fans in the house? (1643 Views)

Any Real 'artie' Movie Fans In Nigeria? / Nwankwo Kanu Excites Fans In New Movie / Any Star Wars Fans in the house? I have episode 3 Spoilers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by Vieira(m): 11:38am On Jun 16, 2005
I have got back into watching Doctor Who and just wondered how many naija peeps are into Doctor Who?
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by jogego(m): 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2005
Vieira:

I have got back into watching Doctor Who and just wondered how many naija peeps are into Doctor Who?

Maybe am in the minority but I just dont like sci-fi. Ever since I was a kid, all the star wars, battlestar galactica etc just didnt do it for me. I normally watch them just for record purposes.

Seen the new Dr.Who on BBC but I just flip the channel. Am i missing sumthng? wink
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by Vieira(m): 1:28pm On Jun 16, 2005
Well as I am a BIG Sci-Fi fan I have been watching the new Doctor Who and it has been okay. Some great episodes, mostly good ones with the occasional bad one.

I say for now it is 7/10. The last episode for this year is on this weekend on BBC1
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by jogego(m): 1:55pm On Jun 16, 2005
will try and watch out for it. what time is it on?
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by Vieira(m): 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2005
Saturdays at 19.00

but it is repeated on Sundays, also BBC3 shows it at a later time.

Jogego, I take it you are UK based?
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by jogego(m): 3:53pm On Jun 16, 2005
Vieira:

Saturdays at 19.00

but it is repeated on Sundays, also BBC3 shows it at a later time.

Jogego, I take it you are UK based?

yep
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by whizkid(f): 7:30am On Jun 17, 2005
Growing up, I used to enjoy watching Dr Who, I don't watching it now, the idea of a time machine is cool, I wish I had one so I can always go back in time, to do and undo. Maybe perhaps the future, to know what stock to invest in, that would make me the world's richest living being grin
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by Vieira(m): 9:56am On Jun 17, 2005
whizkid I feel you on that!

I had those dreams as a kid and sometimes even now! grin

going to the future and coming back with high tech and information that I can bet on to win big! But then I wake up to reality! cry
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by jogego(m): 12:02pm On Jun 17, 2005
afi reality na......LOL
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by dominobaby(f): 4:33pm On Jun 18, 2005
Yep, back in the days.
Have they started to air it once more ( I may be missing something) and if so what channel, day n time, i wouldn't mind watching it again.
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by Seun(m): 4:48pm On Jun 18, 2005
Actually, they're not currently airing it on Nigerian Television. This is what happens when a forum administrator cannot decide who his target audience is.
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by dominobaby(f): 5:36pm On Jun 18, 2005
Seun:

Actually, they're [I]not[/I] currently airing it on Nigerian Television.  This is what happens when a forum administrator cannot decide who his target audience is.
Seun i do not get your second statement. Are you trying to refer to the fact that it is not just Nigerians living in Nigeria that are participating on the forum?
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by Seun(m): 1:09am On Jun 19, 2005
That's what I'm talking about sad . Almost all the people who are 'addicted' to this site live abroad. It's very tempting to tailor this site to suit Nigerians abroad, but what about those who live in Nigeria?
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by Vieira(m): 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2005
dominobaby:

Yep, back in the days.
Have they started to air it once more ( I may be missing something) and if so what channel, day n time, I wouldn't mind watching it again.

It is a brand new series just ended in the UK yeasterday.

It is available for download on some sites if you have a decent speed connection. I am not sure when it may air in Nigeria, maybe DSTV will buy it and show them.
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by Red(m): 8:16am On Jun 20, 2005
Dr.Who was an excellent show.I still watch the re-runs on PBS
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by dominobaby(f): 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2005
Vieira:

It is a brand new series just ended in the UK yeasterday.

It is available for download on some sites if you have a decent speed connection. I am not sure when it may air in Nigeria, maybe DSTV will buy it and show them.

Oh alright. tnx
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by Greatpeter(m): 6:32pm On Jun 26, 2005
Somebody to tell me more about this Dr who. What is it all about.
I don't like watching films but football and may be at times our local movie.
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by WesleyanA(f): 5:25am On Aug 15, 2005
i know this thread is dead but i just had to comment.

i remember watching it when i was 6 or 7. i don't really remember anything about it just the dr who part and that circle that kept going in.....i know i sound stupid.
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by retro(f): 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2006
I'm not too fond of Dr Who. I've watched it only twice, I think.
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by soulpatrol(f): 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2006
WesleyanA:

i know this thread is dead but i just had to comment.

i remember watching it when i was 6 or 7. i don't really remember anything about it just the dr who part and that circle that kept going in, i know i sound stupid.
[/quote

yeahhhhh. we think so alike. just like you, i watched it last when i was a kid and i all i remember was the circle going round and round grin grin grin grin plus dr who wearing these weird clothes and like a scarf around his neck, and the weird music they always played at the beginning/end. i probably wont like it now that im much older. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by Raymand(m): 8:02pm On Jul 16, 2006
Im the BIGGEST dr. who fan,
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by sophienwa(f): 1:08am On Jul 17, 2006
i am not a big fan of science fiction but i love the new dr who and find it interesting .
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by ikamefa(f): 1:27am On Jul 17, 2006
yeeeh finally a topic on sci-fi yes! cheesy i used to watch the old episodes when i was back home, watched only few of the new episodes on the sci- fi channel here , they are interresting cheesy
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by jaybaby(f): 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2006
yea i used to watch it! i'm not sure if it is still shown on T.v in 9Ja?
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by Vieira(m): 7:26pm On Sep 18, 2006
Somebody to tell me more about this Dr who. What is it all about.
I don't like watching films but football and may be at times our local movie.

GreatPeter, Doctor Who is a guy who has this telephone box that is a timetravel machine and spaceship all in one. The guy is like 900 years old and has fought many aliens and evil beings.

But he is always very relaxed and jovial about it.

It is normally very scary for kids.

The doctor has died about 9 times but his body will just rejuvenate and he is back with a different face.

anybody want to add more?
Re: Any Dr. Who fans in the house? by Raymand(m): 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2006
I stopped watching the show in 2002 when they changed the classic Dr. Who actor (died i think) then the show just got real stupid with annoying special effects and complicated storylines like that alien guy (or cyborg, whatever) that has this radio show. . . you seen that episode? . . . angry i know most kids watch that show and go "oww, i know how they did that!". . . tongue

(1) (Reply)

W / "This Is Not Longer Funny", See More Photos Of Big Brother Kogi Housemates. / M-net's Big Brother Africa Season Six Tagged Bigbrother Amplified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.