Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working (3754 Views)

Whatsapp Just Stopped Working On My Blackberry Z10. Anyway To Fix It? / Itel Announce S32 Smartphone With Dual Selfie Camera And Fingerprint Scanner / Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by 11Anonymous(m): 5:03pm On Dec 29, 2018
My fingerprint ID stopped working. The phone never fell or whatsoever. It stopped responding to any finger placed on it this afternoon.

Anyone that has an idea on how to get it back working should please share.

Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by lanre316: 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2018
What type of phone?
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by Fommz: 10:29pm On Dec 29, 2018
Is that Gionee
I'm very sure.
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by 11Anonymous(m): 11:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
lanre316:
What type of phone?
This won't help me cry
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by yusfatedeeprof(m): 1:35am On Dec 30, 2018
11Anonymous:

This won't help me cry
It will, you can't get the accurate help, without the phone name

1 Like

Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by bravesoul247(m): 3:21am On Dec 30, 2018
You could reset the device
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by lanre316: 5:08am On Dec 30, 2018
11Anonymous:

This won't help me cry

We need to know the type to see possible options available for you. But if you wish to keep your phone model a mystery, you are free to do so and I wish you good luck.

You can try factory reset.

2 Likes

Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by 11Anonymous(m): 8:31am On Dec 30, 2018
bravesoul247:
You could reset the device
Factory reset didn't fix it. Thanks though.
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by NLbully(m): 8:40am On Dec 30, 2018
11Anonymous:

It's similar to a camera hardware problem

You just have to flash the stock rom again
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by slawomir: 8:45am On Dec 30, 2018
Na all these media tech chinko

Samsung or iPhone or Nokia nor go fit Bleep you up like this
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by chuksp09(m): 9:28am On Dec 30, 2018
Its a Gionee phone, thats their signature status bar. Phone model is now being hidden... Imagine the nonsense

9 Likes

Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by KingOfAllIgbos: 10:05am On Dec 30, 2018
I hope you wouldn't have to cut your index finger and send to China for authentication shocked shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by samzy(m): 10:45am On Dec 30, 2018
To tell people the type of phone so they can figure out the issue dey hard u
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by shininglite(m): 11:33am On Dec 30, 2018
Hiding your phone model and you need help..
issorite we sef go hide our advice..
Nonsense and ingredients
Carry your Gionee comot oga

9 Likes

Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by bravesoul247(m): 12:16pm On Dec 30, 2018
11Anonymous:

you might wanna take it to a phone repairer sha
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by MilesLamar(m): 12:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
Why is this guy hiding his phone model?? na wa ontop goinee?? better sale that crap and buy Xiaomi and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by mytime24(f): 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2018
Naija people sef undecided

U bring ur problem cum fr S/media
Ordinary to talk d name oF d fone u're usin cum bcum world cup angry

Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by Friedyokes: 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2018
Gionee p7
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by PinkStarsFallIn: 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2018
You better sell that fone and buy correct boxers you can be proud of.

2 Likes

Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by 11Anonymous(m): 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2018
NLbully:

It's similar to a camera hardware problem

You just have to flash the stock rom again
I've heard some peeps losing fingerprint after flashing ROMs. You're sure this will work? cry
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by 11Anonymous(m): 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
Friedyokes:
Gionee p7
Are you having same issue?
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by 11Anonymous(m): 5:37pm On Dec 30, 2018
Holding back the name of the phone was to draw attention of peeps to the thread. I'm sure that worked cheesy

Now the name of the phone is Gionee P7.

Any sure bet suggestions I should really try out?
Make una help your guy o, I can't keep using the phone without fingerprint ID cry
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by Abrahamdgreat(m): 6:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
11Anonymous:
Holding back the name of the phone was to draw attention of peeps to the thread. I'm sure that worked cheesy

Now the name of the phone is Gionee P7.

Any sure bet suggestions I should really try out?
Make una help your guy o, I can't keep using the phone without fingerprint ID cry
In that case come here my son... Come and take this 5k in my hand
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by 11Anonymous(m): 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2018
Abrahamdgreat:
In that case come here my son... Come and take this 5k in my hand
Should I send you my acct number? grin
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by 11Anonymous(m): 6:47pm On Dec 30, 2018
mytime24:
Naija people sef undecided
U bring ur problem cum fr S/media Ordinary to talk d name oF d fone u're usin cum bcum world cup angry
You look beauriful sha grin
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by lanre316: 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
shininglite:
Hiding your phone model and you need help..
issorite we sef go hide our advice..
Nonsense and ingredients
Carry your Gionee comot oga

grin grin grin
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by Santinojr: 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2018
Op why you no wan talk the name of ya phone
Be like na Gionee P7 be that .. U gats flash your rom
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by 11Anonymous(m): 7:07am On Dec 31, 2018
Santinojr:
Op why you no wan talk the name of ya phone
Be like na Gionee P7 be that .. U gats flash your rom
Bro, abeg where I go take see the ROM download? I nr see am for Google.
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by ojotobiloba1: 7:24am On Dec 31, 2018
11Anonymous:
My fingerprint ID stopped working. The phone never fell or whatsoever. It stopped responding to any finger placed on it this afternoon.

Anyone that has an idea on how to get it back working should please share.
I experienced same issue last year, I took it to carlcare and it was fixed and its working perfectly since last year Oct till date!
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:49am On Dec 31, 2018
Go to settings,then apps. Select show system apps. Look for any fingerprint app (might be com.fingerprintstext.....), wipe cache and clear data then restart ur phone. This might fix it
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by Santinojr: 11:27am On Dec 31, 2018
11Anonymous:

Bro, abeg where I go take see the ROM download? I nr see am for Google.
Na em be say the ROM no available for ya phone
Re: Help Guys. My Fingerprint ID Stopped Working by 11Anonymous(m): 1:44pm On Dec 31, 2018
VIPERVENOM:
Go to settings,then apps. Select show system apps. Look for any fingerprint app (might be com.fingerprintstext.....), wipe cache and clear data then restart ur phone. This might fix it
I tried this before I made this post here. It didn't work.
Thanks for the brilliant idea.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iphone X Swap With Samsung S10plus / Easybuy Locked A Phone Ive Been Using For More Than A Year.i Didnt Buy From Them / Airtel 4G now live in OWERRI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.