Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,047 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Wille Obiano At Umueri For Ofala Festival (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wille Obiano At Umueri For Ofala Festival (Pictures) (26386 Views)

EFCC Arrests Willie Obiano At Lagos Airport / Governor Wille Obiano Speak On The Unknown Gunmen Attack VIDEO / Fani Kayode Visit Gov Obiano At Onitsha Governor's Lodge- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

Re: Wille Obiano At Umueri For Ofala Festival (Pictures) by Asshurbanipal: 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2018
onyidon22:

Both are correct but the former is the language of omambala people
Thank you so much. Its funny some think omanbala is the same with the present anambra state.
Re: Wille Obiano At Umueri For Ofala Festival (Pictures) by BeijinDossier: 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2018
Shut up Nsukka 3rd class Igbo. Anambra speaks the original Igbo. Even Enugu people borrowed Anambra dialect as their language of public communication because they are ashamed to speak their nauseating wawa dialect.

Listen to Nwodo from Enugu state, what he is speaking here in public is Anambra dialect, he dare not speak Enugu state dialect in public for fear of being ridiculed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07qZB0hcExI

Asshurbanipal:
Both "f" and "v" swap in anambra are far away from original igbo which is "h". Eg. Original igbo Name = Aha, in idemili area of anambra name = afa while aguleri area name = ava. Both afa and ava are far away from original igbo which is aha. One can't help but laugh when anambra brag about dialect
Re: Wille Obiano At Umueri For Ofala Festival (Pictures) by BeijinDossier: 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2018
Omambala is the same thing as the present Anambra. Focus more on ur backward Enugu state where you guys are more or less hausa people.

Asshurbanipal:

Thank you so much. Its funny some think omanbala is the same with the present anambra state.

Listen to Nkem Owoh from Enugu state, what he is speaking here is pure Anambra dialect, he dare not speak Udi dialect in public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojn4f-kY8kk
Re: Wille Obiano At Umueri For Ofala Festival (Pictures) by Ideagatesauto: 2:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
Long live the king, Igwe Okebo II
Umueri, my pride, my home
Re: Wille Obiano At Umueri For Ofala Festival (Pictures) by ImperialYoruba: 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2018
Asshurbanipal:
Both "f" and "v" swap in anambra are far away from original igbo which is "h". Eg. Original igbo Name = Aha, in idemili area of anambra name = afa while aguleri area name = ava. Both afa and ava are far away from original igbo which is aha. One can't help but laugh when anambra brag about dialect

The lexicon you explain might be true but on this topic it has no application. Therefore the "h" substitution is not valid.

Ofala is not an Igbo festival. It is uniquely Umuleri.
Re: Wille Obiano At Umueri For Ofala Festival (Pictures) by Asshurbanipal: 4:19pm On Dec 30, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

The lexicon you explain might be true but on this topic it has no application. Therefore the "h" substitution is not valid.

I am giving more insights into alphabetical swaps in igbo dialects since the "ovala" title is causing confusion for non igbos. I also want to emphasise that anmbra is not a lingo-cultural entity but an artificial geographical creation of the military. While it is believed that anambra has the "f" and "h" swap with original igbo, there still exist another "v" and "f" swap within
Re: Wille Obiano At Umueri For Ofala Festival (Pictures) by Asshurbanipali: 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2018
Anambra is a monolithic state with lingo cultural affinity found specifically in Anambra(Omambala). Focus on your timid Enugu state. Leave Anambra matter for Anambra people.

Asshurbanipal:

I am giving more insights into alphabetical swaps in igbo dialects since the "ovala" title is causing confusion for non igbos. I also want to emphasise that anmbra is not a lingo-cultural entity but an artificial geographical creation of the military. While it is believed that anambra has the "f" and "h" swap with original igbo, there still exist another "v" and "f" swap within
Re: Wille Obiano At Umueri For Ofala Festival (Pictures) by Asshurbanipali: 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2018
Anambra is a monolithic state in Igbo land. Ofala is uniquely Anambra invention as the superior Igbo. Ofala dates back hundreds of years. Don't allow those inferior wawa people misinform you.

ImperialYoruba:

Re: Wille Obiano At Umueri For Ofala Festival (Pictures) by Banmeallday: 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2018
gistrepublic:
Red caps...

Ndi Nze Na Ozo

My pride and my dignity
Be upon me like the red cap on the nzes

Fallen for a nyarinya just to abide in unity
Disunity.. Is when you think you don't need me
Smile on my face even when the air smells of your mess.

Decipher?? lipsrsealed

Red caps and pride....whe your elders are proud to be servants to Buhari/Atiku/Oduduwa?

You people are getting farther and father away from your brave ancestors

Chai
Re: Wille Obiano At Umueri For Ofala Festival (Pictures) by Prosperchuks1344(m): 8:45am On Dec 31, 2018
Ceska:

Omambala muani! Omambala zuani!
Proudly Awkuzu (AKZ)
really? your from Awkuzu?

Re: Wille Obiano At Umueri For Ofala Festival (Pictures) by months: 9:18pm On Jan 13, 2019
Ceska:

Its the same, just that, Nothern part of Anambra interchange "F" with "V"

Found the smoking gun. U are even from my state. Anyway, that was my suspicion. HML sis and God bless.

Ceska:
OP am sorry, I have no explanation as to why we ndi anambra like to marry from home. But both my parents are from the same town, I married a guy from my town likewise my sister. In fact, in my entire extended family, we don't have a history of marrying even from the neighbouring towns. Same goes for my inlaws.

Re: Wille Obiano At Umueri For Ofala Festival (Pictures) by Ceska(f): 9:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
Prosperchuks1344:

really? your from Awkuzu?
Yes I am

Re: Wille Obiano At Umueri For Ofala Festival (Pictures) by Cantonese: 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
ANSMEDIA:

Onitsha down to Ogbaru, Idemili areas calls it Ofala while most of Anambra north areas calls it Ovala. It's still the same thing just that some communities switch V for F and vice versa.

The same thing, different ways of pronouncing the word among other words like that.
Re: Wille Obiano At Umueri For Ofala Festival (Pictures) by OfoIgbo: 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Kenekingisback:
Great Umueri...
Lalasticlala please it is Umueri grin
It is Ofala not Ovala angry
And add Maduabuchi to the name of the governor.
Great event grin
Igbos are indeed doing very well
Please Umueri is not an ancient kingdom. angry
This government sef grin

Umueri is definitely not an ancient kingdom. But Umuleri was an ancient settlement. They changed their name to Umueri a few years ago

We Will Fight Bandits With Bees, Poisonous Snakes – Amotekun Boss / VP-Elect Shettima Promises To End Bike Crushing In FCT / I Thank God For Sparing Buhari’s Life -jonathan